Winter coats?!

Le kid

Yeah it rains and snow a lot. Mostly rains before january but temperature does sometimes get below -30 celsius. Thank god we have the Golf current bringing warmth from Caribian sea otherwise you couldn't live in here. Those woolriches look extranice. And that one true saxon too. You can actualy wax those cotton jackets so that they are water resistant. Swedish brand Fjälräven -which also has some nice jackets- sells somekind of bee wax that you warm so that it softens and then apply to the surface of the garment.

• 2 weeks later...
Gap is going slim this year. I just bought a pair of their new special line jeans and they're really skinny and tapered. Crazy huh?

Are you sure they're skinny all over or just outside of the US? Their stuff here at the store near me is still baggy and shit-fitting. I was hoping that jacket was waxed cotton so it would be cheap... but I'm not finding it online, regardless. Got a link?

are you serious?

just a troll :rolleyes:

I tried some zara jackets on again and damn they're big, I dont get it.. I can wear an M or an L in most of their stuff, they're from spain where the guys to my knowledge are generally a bit shorter and smaller, so it makes sense that I occasionally need to size up being 6', but these jackets are all too big. the short m65 is way too wide in the chest, its probably wider then it is long. the longer m65 styled one is like 4" too long and again way too wide. both in the smallest size available :confused:

I don't know how you guys feel about overcoats.. but I've seen a couple of really nice well cut, slim fitting topcoat style coats in recent weeks. Miu Miu has a really nice fitting brushed cotton one out right now. I think Filippa K also makes one but I don't know where to find it in the states...

Guest Fade to Black

72188119.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB9678F83F20F794F7

does anyone know who made this jacket?

I'm pretty sure i saw one exactly like it at Dior, but just wanna confirm...prolly not enough for winter but it'd be a cool fall/spring coat.

Guest Fade to Black
^^

yup, it's this season's DH. i actually tried this piece on a while back and the fit was terrible.

really? That sucks to hear...yeah i could've sworn i saw that jacket at DH HK...what was off about it? The length?

I'm 6'4 and i find DH casual jackets tend to be too short on me even sized up.

i actually like the length of DH jackets, but i'm shorter than you at just under 6ft.

the problem for me was the fit of the waist/belly area. the jacket has the usual slim dior shoulders, but was just way too baggy below the chest. i tried on a 46 (my usual size) and i looked like a i was hiding a spare tire no matter how straight i stood up.

even though it is a f/w item and is lined, i've tried on other dior jackets that were cut much slimmer below the chest.

I've tried on that jacket Kanye is rocking and don't think anything was really weird about the length. I'm 6' or 6'1 so and it seemed to hit the same spot it's falling on Kanye, waist length. I have two jackets from Zara that hit at the same spot. Then again, my height is mainly composed of my legs, so maybe that's why I didn't have much of a problem?

still looking, still didn't really find anything. anyone come across something new? i'm looking for something black, maybe m-65ish but with nice details/twist to it or maybe a technical insulated windbreaker ala acronym but more in the <$600 range... keep em coming

I picked up a black Uppercut M65. Its really warm, fits well and looks good. Their jackets are on the expensive side, but still within your price range.

does anyone know where to buy the comme des garcons x moncler jackets?

i heard barney's had some, but was wondering if there's some other retailers out there. (online or other stores)

got a ~$1200 lying around? cdg in nyc has a few, ron herman in la might have some still, barneys probably has them, and dover street market would probably...

I've tried on the Kanye jacket too, all of the DH F/W06 jackets land at the bottom of my rib cage and then the sleeves are perfect, but the damn things in sz 46 won't zip closed on me, and a 48 is way too big... :(

He probably got his sized up to like 52 and then had the sleeves taken up. The DH shop offered to sell me 48's and have them taken in for me but I was pretty sure that was going to ruin the balance of everything...

If anyone is looking for a really NICE coat, check out the pics below...Its a Dolce mariner's peacoat in a sz. 52 (fits me, a medium, perfectly), NWT never worn. This is just sort of an interest check, as I've been too lazy to firm a price and toss it on supermarket...

IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

give me a PM if you're interested, but it is a bit on the spendy side...

hey guys i'm trying to find a wool like lined cotton zip up hoodie. any suggestions on where to find one under $150?

^^ You mean that one from American Eagle costs 150?? I think there are many like that including from abercrombie that costs less than that, if you mean the american eagle one costs 150

I guess there aren't many winter coats to see?I've been tryinig to search for nice burberry coats but they seem a bit dull and not as good as those advertisements they have, the ones they actually have seem a bit boring and not so nice looking IMO.