Winter coats?!

Le kid

Once again it's time to invest on a new winter coat. But I honestly don't know what would be the best option. Havent smelled any new trends and those Canada gooses are booring. I might pick up a long parka. I think it would do the job for couple of years. Any recommendations? Or what did you buy for this winter?

I've had some problems too.. I saw this killer John Varvatos wool jacket in a picture, but a) its not available anywhere B) its roughly $1200. I've been looking for a similar one ever since but haven't been able to find one.

i think the iDiom is warm for sure...snowboard jackets, in my experience, are thin but warm!

i think the other one is warm too but because of cotton fabric not good when it's raining...i guess it rains/snows a lot in finland :P

i just e-mailed them about the fit for the OTS cause it look massive and i'm not sure if an L would be good for me...i let you know when they get back to me!

i just e-mailed them about the fit for the OTS cause it look massive and i'm not sure if an L would be good for me...i let you know when they get back to me!

yea I was wondering about that too, they have measurements on the site which said that pit-to-pit for the M is 63cm, sounds pretty big to me..

I've been looking into winter jackets and I can't decide whether to down the dontlooklikeananorak route or the dolooklikeananorak route...

Here's a couple I'm currently looking at:

leatherjacket.jpg

Rirawin, I like this jacket. Any details on it? Is it by chance a Duffer?

I have been looking at Dunderdon and Woolrich for a winter parka. When the weather gets below 30 celsius, don't really have a choice.

Have you checked DDML's official storefront in supermarket?

Gap surprisingly, the damage? £198 ... the quality isn't great hence me being in two minds about it.

ah, no shit? My kid sister got a part time job working at the Gap while she's at college, working in the men's dept no less... I should ask her about this.

ots stuff is quite big fitting,they have really stepped up their collection again outwear is fantastic now,just no where down south in uk seems to stock it,the idiom jacket is ok i got it but when it arrived i found it to wide on me in the body so i sold it on.

i saw a amazin bernard wilhelm jacket the other day

http://seenmy.multiply.com/photos/hi-res/upload/RSLExQoKCpgAAC-2xOE1?xurl=http%3A%2F%2Fseenmy.multiply.com%2Fjournal

theres also this final home jacket which im tempted by cant find a pic to hand,got a supreme goose on watch aswell for when it hopefully gets real cold.

Don't have much chance to wear coats here in Los Angeles, especially all the nice militray inspired ones because of work, but I guess I will rely on the brown Supreme Moleskin m65 I snatched from Supreme LA last year for 2 bills.

Never got to wear it last year, so it's like a new coat.

The Idiom jacket posted earlier is only one layer (though there's a down version too), so isn't warm, but it is totally windproof (not to mention slightly non-breathable), so layer up underneath and you're good to go. Plus it looks frickin ace.

Junya Watanabe's Moncler range is really warm, well-made and uses some interesting fabrics. The prices aren't *too* bad either, given the construction and materials. DSM in London has a good selection.