My first "real" jeans - Evisu #2

broady

Hi guys, I'm a total newb when it comes to denim, I've been lurking around here for a few months.

Today I was shopping around and stumbled upon this store that holds all this really awesome denim, you guys would cream your pants (if you're under a size 32)...

Anyways, I tried these on, and I like them apart from the big evisu logos, but I guess I could come to like them, or somehow make them less obvious.

What I wanna ask is - what are these (more details)? Are they any good/genuine/jap? Will the size change? Are they raw denim (they arent selvage)?

Should I wear them lower?? (The waist is pretty tight right now as you can see)

By the way, I got them for AU$70, which is about US$50. Not bad for a pair of jeans anyhow, I think.

Here are the pics:

th_100_2277.jpg

th_100_2271.jpg

th_100_2270.jpg

th_100_2267.jpg

th_100_2266.jpg

Hi, yes, that's what I'm asking, whether anyone knows if they're real or not?

The colour in the pic with me is off, beacuse of the camera, the real colour is more like the ones in the close ups.

I got these in an op-shop/second hand shop, and $70 was more expensive than the G-star, and even some moschino pants that I saw.

PS: Are they raw?

Yeah I think that colour is from the flash, it is closer to the pic of the waist tag ("32")

Just found this on amazon: it seems like this is embroidery too

B000BX04MA.01-A2A4OGXL3UKXDJ.PT02._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"Archive evisu collection. 100% genuine vintage original. Evisu mens slim fitting 5 pocket denim jeans. Unwashed raw selvedge denim. Red embroidered logo pockets."

They are almost certainly fake, but for US$50 you might still consider them good value I suppose.

On the other hand, if you're going to spend all the time and effort breaking in a a pair of raw denim, you may as well start off with some quality denim so the end result will be worth having. You can probably get some genuine Japanese No 2 Evisu (with or without the gull wings) for around US$200 + shipping + bid service cost if any

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119788/143849/

Shall I take them back, and demand my money back, or just take those huge, gold embroidery off?

Or leave the embroidery, and wear them anyway? Or is that too poseur

Well, if the price was ~50 USD, I'ld take 'em back. Especially if they were passed of as genuine. I bought two pair of fakes here in sweden for less than 10 USD, my sister found two pair of evisus at the second-hand store where she works. Sounded fake over the phone, was phake, but for 5USD a piece I didn't really care.

I use mine as laundry day denim. For the layman, I'm doing laundry in 200 USD denim. For the connoisseur I'm doing laundry in crappy denim :).

Good things never cheap, cheap things never good (quote from samplekickz.com)

Just pay the full thing next time, if you're in sydney, go to SP1 at the victoria galleries

ooh and evisus should have a jerky patch

UNIQLO = cheap and good

conversely, pricey things not always good.

but yeah that sort of price for evisu should always raise a suspicious eyebrow.

Hey, if the store was selling them as real, then maybe you should get your money back. The black waist size label is a dead giveaway. The waist size and inseam length should be printed on inside cotton label. And underneath that it should be printed "MADE IN JAPAN" The red flag label should also say "EVISU". Finally, the rivets should say "Japan" in Japanese, not "EVISU". It's kind of messed up for a store to fake out their customers like that. People expecting to get some great denim that will last a lifetime, end up getting some denim that will maybe last 3 days. You might as well get some Levi's STF's for 30$.

Shall I take them back, and demand my money back, or just take those huge, gold embroidery off?

Or leave the embroidery, and wear them anyway? Or is that too poseur

I'd keep them, they really do look good on you. As for the embroidery, its upto you. I would probably keep them on cause i do like the evisu logo. Also, most people will think you have a pair of authentic evisu anyway :)

What about the ones made in China? My rivets say evisu on them on both sides

and the length isn't printed on the inside cotton label but on a tag on top on the cotton label just like borady's (except its white not black)

and no mine aren't fake, I dont think SP1 would sell fakes...

Tenchi, I am unfamiliar with Evisu denim from China. As far as I know, the No.2 grade Evisu denim is only made in Japan. I think No.3 denim is made in Italy, without selvedge. At some point Evisu entered a licensing agreement with a company in Hong Kong. Those leather patches have no grade stamp. I'm sure there are other members here who know more about this.

Broady, do you know if your Evisu jeans have selvedge?