MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel exactly the same way about the Naval line, technicolor. Is that fit pic in your FS thred post-soak? If so, then yeah it's huge on you. You should put a link to your FS thread in your sig.

Anybody got the light blue chambray in a sz. Medium by any chance? Heavily interested.

--Markmont.

Doesn't the MF store still have them? Also, I believe hinoya still has them.

Damn, technicolor - if that peacoat was a tad larger I would buy it from you. Is that 44 chest measurement something you measured or just what you figure given the shrinkage advice from a raw state?

from what i remember of you posting your sizes, that coat probably would fit you. they are cut pretty oversized.

I feel exactly the same way about the Naval line, technicolor. Is that fit pic in your FS thred post-soak? If so, then yeah it's huge on you. You should put a link to your FS thread in your sig.

Done and done. Why the hell don't hyperlinks work on SUFU anymore? And a 2 line limit for signatures? I feel violated.

Damn, technicolor - if that peacoat was a tad larger I would buy it from you. Is that 44 chest measurement something you measured or just what you figure given the shrinkage advice from a raw state?

That was my actual measurement as it is currently. That was seam to seam too. Its just a smidgen bigger given the other panels add some width.

from what i remember of you posting your sizes, that coat probably would fit you. they are cut pretty oversized.

The coat are oversized but they are supposed to fit snug. A classic fit. Which is why in my fit pictures on my for sale thread the size 40 looks so much better.

Love the vest, ThisSunday. I've been really tempted to pick one up since they were on sale at MF. I really think it would be too short on me, though.

As for the pea coat sizing, I am a solid 38" chest and I HAD to shrink the sz38 in order for it to fit me well.

Yeah, 6'2", but I am consistently a M in MF, so I'm thinking a L would be big in the body. Then again, if I wore it over a couple layers...

As an update..

We're getting the riders dungarees, mechanics sweaters in all three colors (with no logos or patches), and the mechanics chambray shirt all on tuesday at Self Edge and Self Edge New York!

Very excited about this.

That depends on how the guys at SE measured the length. If it is from the bottom of the collar down the back, then the front will likely be way short. I actually think the L would fit me well pre-soak, since I prefer chest measurements on my shirts to be 42".

So tempting, but shit I have a lot of MFSC and indigo denim.

interested in the vest as well and is looking for some sizing advice. i want it to be above my waiste. my chest is around a 36-38. would the small with the shrinkage fit right? thanks in advance

Here are the measurements I got from Katherine at Mister Freedom:

The measurements on the Medium Raw vest is 21" chest and 27" length, after wash it shrinks to 19.5" chest and 25" length. The Large Raw vest is 22" chest and 28" length and after one wash it's 20.5" chest and 25" length.

My post hot soak L vest is 25.5" in length

is there even a small size? also...is it bulky? possible to wear a leather jacket over?

Yeah there's size S and XS still available as of last week at the MF store. Here are the raw measurements from Self Edge:

S: Chest: 38" Vertical Length: 23" Shoulder Width: 16"

XS: Chest: 36" Vertical Length: 22" Shoulder Width: 15"

How tight is your leather jacket? If you have room for a thick sweater you could probably fit it, providing the pockets weren't stuffed.

well hell, I just bought a L.

They still have quite a few vests, from XS through L (something like 5 larges!)

Just FYI, if you look at the measurements on Self Edge, the length is from the shoulder. The lengths on the raw M, which should be about the same as a rinsed/soaked L, are 27" down the back, and 24" down the front.

My post hot soak L vest is 25.5" in length

Is this down the back from the bottom of the collar? If so, I'm gonna have to soak mine less than you did.