MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

selling my size 40 ranch blouse j10 in super market. couldnt make it fit. (will trade for 38...)

Good luck finding a 38. When I was at MF they said they didn't get too many 38s.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your whites are beautiful. the western stitch on the toe is great, never seen that option offered before. if you dont mind me asking where did you get those? what combo are they? i get overwhelmed when i go to their site. your right a MF ranch blouse would top it off.

I get the boots off ebay, brand new, I think they offer the stitching in the 'western'/packers style boots.

I finally get my Ranch Blouse in J19, will post pics later.

Anyway I wish MF will have black Friday deals.....

Good luck finding a 38. When I was at MF they said they didn't get too many 38s.

Yup, you're right, i actually think they're already out of size 36. They didn't make many of these jackets, which is crazy because the demand is quite high. We're already out of some sizes at SENY and SELA.

The new shipyard chinos on the mf site are looking great, pricing is pretty decent too, tempted.

...and whooooahhh at christophe's evo on the peacoat.

Edited by Mich

I dont know if anyone has picked up the Lot 44 Californians yet but if they have, I;d be interested to hear about the extent of shrinking after a soak or wash.

thanks

The lot 44s have not gone through the soak process yet. The 44s are gonna be offered in a load of different fabric types like the jackets and all fabrics will have different shrinking.

edit: at least for the jeans at the shop. The normal 44s not sold at MF shrink the normal 8 to 10% I am assuming. I think it is unsanforized cone denim.

The lot 44s have not gone through the soak process yet. The 44s are gonna be offered in a load of different fabric types like the jackets and all fabrics will have different shrinking.

edit: at least for the jeans at the shop. The normal 44s not sold at MF shrink the normal 8 to 10% I am assuming. I think it is unsanforized cone denim.

Thanks, Ive tried the jeans on at SELA but I got the impression that a lot of shrinkage was required in the thigh and leg opening for me to get the look im after. They were very nice though as you would expect.

How much did your ranch blouse (J10's) shrink RNR? Mine didn't shrink that much at all. Thinking about putting them through a couple of spin cycles.. what size did El Topo get, anybody know?

I didn't end up getting j10. J10 is sanforized because the mf dudes told me the jacket they rinsed barely shrunk at all. I ended up getting j4 which shrunk quite a bit. Overall I think the jackets were way oversized like 2 sizes too big and there weren't many small sizes made like 36s and 38s. On top of that there were sanforized fabrics mixed in with the normal unsanforized fabrics making it really difficult for the mf folks.

Posted · Hidden by rnrswitch, November 27, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by rnrswitch, November 27, 2011 - No reason given

How much did your ranch blouse (J10's) shrink RNR? Mine didn't shrink that much at all. Thinking about putting them through a couple of spin cycles.. what size did El Topo get, anybody know?

I didn't end up getting j10. J10 is sanforized because the mf dudes told me the jacket they rinsed barely shrunk at all. I ended up getting j4 which shrunk quite a bit. Overall I think the jackets were way oversized like 2 sizes too big and there weren't many small sizes made like 36s and 38s. On top of that there were sanforized fabrics mixed in with the normal unsanforized fabrics making it really difficult for the mf folks.

i got a j10. i cold soaked AND hot soak. barely any shrinkage. that is why im selling it...

fr: i wear a 42 suit jacket, bought a 40 RB -- still too big.

Edited by DonGately

I picked up the j18 today in a size 38 raw. tried on a rinsed 40 which was much too big and a rinsed 36 which was just too small. They only had a raw 38 which fit ok but needed a short cold soak, Its drying now.

Really odd sizing. I could barely get into an XL CPO shirt but the Ranch Blouse looks like it will be good for me,

First time in the MF store for me this weekend too. Bit of an experience. Even my girlfiend quite likes it.

Finally I managed to get my account validated and I can now post!!

(having followed this thread for a long time)

What am I going to ask first?

I know: What size do I need to buy in the Ranch Blouse. I'm a size Large (102) in the Veste Ouvrier, my chest is about a 42.5". 5, 10" tall.

These come up large?

And has anyone ever purchased the Casquette La "Deffe" French Cap here?

Edited by cool_hand

Finally I managed to get my account validated and I can now post!!

(having followed this thread for a long time)

What am I going to ask first?

I know: What size do I need to buy in the Ranch Blouse. I'm a size Large (102) in the Veste Ouvrier, my chest is about a 42.5". 5, 10" tall.

These come up large?

And has anyone ever purchased the Casquette La "Deffe" French Cap here?

I would get a size 40 if I were you as long as the fabric shrinks the normal 8 to 10%. If the fabric is sanforized, then get a 38. You might want call mister freedom, they are more than helpful when it comes to figuring out your size.

I didn't realize it until I saw this photo that everything I'm wearing is MF. His stuff is the right thing for any occasion.

Looks very good.

Is that the Chambray in black?

And I have a question regarding the Road Champs: They're black originally, right? On most pictures they look very brown, though. Is that generally the way the black evolves with the leather on good engineer boots or thanks to the special colouring process of the Road Champs?

On the MF site it says:" The black leather will fade with tones of dark brown/chocolate/olive."

The colour looks really unique. Nothing like a simple brown or aged brown one like this RedWing http://www.redwingamsterdam.com/red-wing-shoes-2972-11-engineer-copper-r