MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have a 39" chest and a 40 fits me great.

I really need to wear my MM more! I'll tune up my bike this spring and commute to work on it more, now that I live a lot closer.

just got the brown Mulholland. wow, crazy nice jacket. I have a 40" chest and the 40 should be fine. I can get a thick sweatshirt under it no problem. I figure you dont wash these right? Shrinkage?

This will be great for NorCal weather thanks for the tips guys.

also mine has blue gingham not red, is this hit or miss?

my Mulholland has a blue lining,check my last pic

as to washing when i was between houses i put mine in storage and it came out of storage smelling like a smokers asshole,i just turned it inside out,bunged in one of the misses fancy washing machine (u know the ones for expensive underpants) tipped in cup of wool mix and washed it on a gentle cycle

the trick was had to hold of for a windy hot day to dry it,took about a day and a half,no shrinkage,no colur loss

i got a 44 i could easily go a 42 but i got Chewbacca arms and may have lost too much length

wow,what a cool story

Ooh, I'd probably say midnight P coat, but yeah, you need to layer with both to stay warm. They're both very wind resistant. A warm sweater under either keeps me warm in winter.

picked up my Road Champs yesterday (thanks again Rob and Nora!).

Impressions: quality of the leather (straps feel like butter!) and craftmanship is amazing; love the low toe profile and natural welt. Not sure if this one is from the previous run or the new batch but the color is mid brown and lighter than what i've seen online. (or perhaps im just imagining)

I sized down half; toes touch the front but my heels keep slipping. is this normal? I was surprised the shafts are pretty wide; my 02 Ooe Yufukuten jeans fit easily over my Red Wing engineers but barely fit overneath the RC's.

edit: some pictures

6491651791_cd2686c745.jpg

IMG_3192 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6491651481_4bec0c95d0.jpg

IMG_3193 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6491652059_6218ebc629.jpg

IMG_3194 by SLAB13, on Flickr

Edited by SLAB

Congrats Slab! Mine were the exact shade. Those bad boys will just get better with wear and the color with nicely change. I recently used Pecards on mine and they became a rich brown. Amazing boots!

Heel slipping is normal. I just added another hole ( as with pretty much all my boots) broke them in and ...voila!

Here's one for the old heads.

Original 7161 (only ~500 pairs produced i think)

one wash Japan version

Size 30

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e119356579

Size 32

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k140706752

Size 34

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f108659749

They also have that same size run in pre distressed versions.

Impressions: quality of the leather (straps feel like butter!) and craftmanship is amazing; love the low toe profile and natural welt. Not sure if this one is from the previous run or the new batch but the color is mid brown and lighter than what i've seen online. (or perhaps im just imagining)

I sized down half; toes touch the front but my heels keep slipping. is this normal? I was surprised the shafts are pretty wide; my 02 Ooe Yufukuten jeans fit easily over my Red Wing engineers but barely fit overneath the RC's.

edit: some pictures

6491651791_cd2686c745.jpg

IMG_3192 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6491651481_4bec0c95d0.jpg

IMG_3193 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6491652059_6218ebc629.jpg

IMG_3194 by SLAB13, on Flickr

P1030163.jpg

Mine seem to be from the same run too,Rumi makes them look a lot bigger than they really are

The self edge version is the cone denim, and should shrink in the chest around 1 in, and the sleeves maybe half of an inch. This is based on info I got from emailing john@ MF.

The self edge version is the cone denim, and should shrink in the chest around 1 in, and the sleeves maybe half of an inch. This is based on info I got from emailing john@ MF.

Yup, this is true.

Ypu're welcome. Wear and enjoy them, and as mentioned above, I also had the heel slip issues, but I added an extra hole in the straps...problem solved :-)

thanks guys, ill have another hole added to the straps; that should fix the heel slippage

today was another great day; received my troy deck jacket, let the crackling commence!

A thousand thank yous to everyone who tipped me off to the j crew sale and to the sizing of the master. it arrived today, and to beat a dead horse, it's f'n amazing. fit is great, quality is amazing, the brown color is amazing.

it's heavier than i thought, probably will be able to withstand chicago winters with no problem. thanks to the sizing help, wearing a sweatshirt underneath won't be a problem if it gets too cold.

Couple fit photos of the ranch blouse and striped chambray.

www.banditphotographer.com

mfrb2.png

mfrb1.png

You piss me off... just a little jealous.