MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

So I'm back and after checking out the jacket I decided I either needed a size 36 in something that didn't shrink much or a size 38 in something that shrunk a ton. I went with J4, which is the best of both worlds in a size 38. I really wanted J10, but it appears to be sanforized and a size 38 wouldn't shrink enough to make it wearable. Overall it seems the arms are pretty long on these jackets in proportion to the rest of the body.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with the J15 which was unsanforized. I cold soaked it for 20 minutes and cycle spun for a few minutes, then hung dry. It shrunk up around a 1.5 or more inches on the sleeves. Also the body fits much better now as well. Sorry guys I didn't take exact measurements on it but I think the MF store did. The denim is really dark and pretty hairy. I'm pretty stoked on the fit now.

J15 was black right? Can't quite tell from the pics. There was one that was black that they said shrunk a ton.

I went with the J15 which was unsanforized. I cold soaked it for 20 minutes and cycle spun for a few minutes, then hung dry. It shrunk up around a 1.5 or more inches on the sleeves. Also the body fits much better now as well. Sorry guys I didn't take exact measurements on it but I think the MF store did. The denim is really dark and pretty hairy. I'm pretty stoked on the fit now.

I was told at the store that J15 is one of, if not, the heaviest offering

Went into Bazar on Abbot Kinney in Venice, CA this weekend and picked up the Paletot in black. This is one of those jackets that I would not have bought had I not actually seen and handled it as I didn’t know what to expect with the moleskin. It turned out to be a really tightly weaved fabric that feels more like cotton chino than brushed cotton, kinda reminds me of the fabric used on the Mackintosh raincoats. Anyway, once I tried it on, I couldn’t pass it up as it is a truly unique MF piece as reported elsewhere.

I hot soaked it for about 2 hours and threw it in the spin cycle of the dryer then hung dried it. This process resulted in very little shrinkage but had the effect of taking some of the sheen out of the moleskin and breaking it in a bit.

Also, didn’t expect to find such a great selection of MF items in Bazar, including some of Christophe’s personal items (not for sale) including a pair of his old road champs. The owner, Tina, is also a sweatheart and there are other great stuff in there too--worth dropping by, plus plenty of other great shops on Abbot Kinney including Tortoise.

MF_jacket1.jpg

MFjacket2.jpg

man I want that black paletot, can't afford it though with the end of the year coming soon...

and slab, sorry had to neg u for tempting me :P

ihatebrianwilliams, wish my utility chambray fit like that, it never really shrunk much, while I heard it would shrink like crazy...

ihatebrianwilliams, wish my utility chambray fit like that, it never really shrunk much, while I heard it would shrink like crazy...

Thanks. That has had a few hot washes and run through the dryer. It's so long every time I wear it I think about having it hemmed.

I want thoses boots I cant remember if that is the size I need or not. What was the size of the ones that were up on eBay awhile back. Had half soles on them. I know it was someone here. Were they 10.5? I needed a half size bigger than what those were.

Thanks. That has had a few hot washes and run through the dryer. It's so long every time I wear it I think about having it hemmed.

I want thoses boots I cant remember if that is the size I need or not. What was the size of the ones that were up on eBay awhile back. Had half soles on them. I know it was someone here. Were they 10.5? I needed a half size bigger than what those were.

yeah considering having it hemmed too, don't want to loose the shape of it though.

how hot did u wash it? I washed mine at 40° and put it in the dryer at 'shirt program'? wonder if that's just to gentle.

and someone buy those road champs before i give in to the urge and get chucked out by the misses... :blink:

and I talk my wife into understanding that I need them in my life to fill a void or something.

thanks for sharing

man if I could talk my girl into something like that, i woulda bought them straight off the bat, but that ain't never gonna work...

I'm glad those Road Champs are not my size, i just know i would not have been able to resist the urge of getting them in the blink of the moment.

I never noticed the embossed MF logo before, do all the RC's have that?

ADH92, are you blowing all your student loans on gear? Or are you just financially lucky? I'm jealous of your spending as most of my money is going into my house and paying off my little bit of CC debt. I'm going to MF in January so I'm saving up for that trip in December

Edited by attackwithstones

so just to pain myself, if I wear a US 11D in RW crepe soles and Indies, would the size 11 Road Champs be the right size?

never owned a pair of engineers before so I dunno, damn, I'm caving...

Nope. They would look like huge goofy boats on your feet. you could fill the front of it with news paper. But you would be so mad at yourself for buying them.

All kidding aside I think they would be big on you. I have a 12 in the semi dress and and tried on a 12 in the road champs and they were huge. I think they recommend sizing down a full size.

Posted · Hidden by ihatebrianwilliams, November 15, 2011 - double
Hidden by ihatebrianwilliams, November 15, 2011 - double

Nope. They would look like huge goofy boats on your feet. you could fill the front of it with news paper. But you would be so mad at yourself for buying them.

All kidding aside I think they would be big on you. I have a 12 in the semi dress and and tried on a 12 in the road champs and they were huge. I think they recommend sizing down a full size.