MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old pants had the unfortunate problems of ripping at the fly..thanks to wonderful folks at MF (John, in this case), all is taken care of and actually got a size bigger.

Much better fit compared to prior, IMO.

PuCXX.jpg

R8HRq.jpg

Thinking a hem with length for a single cuff. Thoughts?

Should I go for a pair of lot 44 or a pair of lot 54? i tried on the 44's yesterday, in size 30x34, which would be my normal size (not sure on my true waist size though). The waist was quite snug, I think i had about half an inch left between the waistband and my belly, and I'm sure they'll stretch an extra inch. Will this be fine as long as i only cold soak them and wash them minimally?

i guess i could just go with a size 31 and hot soak them to get the same fit, but i'm leaning towards the 54, and SE hasn't got any 31's left.

Should I go for a pair of lot 44 or a pair of lot 54? i tried on the 44's yesterday, in size 30x34, which would be my normal size (not sure on my true waist size though). The waist was quite snug, I think i had about half an inch left between the waistband and my belly, and I'm sure they'll stretch an extra inch. Will this be fine as long as i only cold soak them and wash them minimally?

i guess i could just go with a size 31 and hot soak them to get the same fit, but i'm leaning towards the 54, and SE hasn't got any 31's left.

You could see if they have a size 31 directly from MF. Edited by knucks

Should I go for a pair of lot 44 or a pair of lot 54? i tried on the 44's yesterday, in size 30x34, which would be my normal size (not sure on my true waist size though).

have you tried measuring your waist? both 44's and 54's should come up a little larger than the tag size as they are raw denim and should shrink about an inch in the waist. the 54's come in a wider range of denim's - some of which don't shrink so be careful.

44's come in a wider range of denim's - some of which don't shrink so be careful.

Edited by cool_hand

If they shrink one inch and stretch slightly less than one inch, 30 should be fine i think. My jeans have a tendency to stretch too much and end up being too big. Also, size 30 lot 54 at SE is 30x32, right?

pics of some MF Speedway pique jeans details

IMG_2990bb.jpg

hemmed by the nice gentlemen @ OGL, they used the same redxblack threads to do a chainstitch hem

MFdetails.jpg

i fixed the levels a little (overkill) so that it can be clearer

MFcxp.jpg

i've read some comments that the material is like cordouroy

here's a comparison with a swatch of japanese cordouroy i have

they are very different

Edited by nachtelijk

After talking with John last week, I was convinced that I needed the indigo "Gunslingers" in my life haha.

Here are a few quick pics (sorry for the crappy quality, my camera battery was dead) that I grabbed before throwing in for a cold soak.

The Back on these is beyond awesome! (but you guys already knew that)

7074686569_985692e3f0_n.jpg

The totally diggin the fly on these

7074684893_317b498980_n.jpg

Super cool selvedge line

6928605930_b5d9525fec_n.jpg

Grabbed my little bro one of the gym henleys. He's beyond excited

7074686003_bdd7d6ac10_n.jpg

Little pre-soak fit (sorry for the lame artsy filter, I was playing around with Flikr's new filters haha)

7074683913_6f3647d619_n.jpg

Hope to post some post-soak fits tomorrow.

Cheers!

Great stuff on this page. Can't wait to see how these gunslingers will age. Keep up updated knucks and appfaff

Thanks for the close up pics Nachtelijk. The pique jeans look great. They look almost like jungle cloth instead of cordouroy

@kayodic i can't believe you've held off so long on picking these up. i think a creme pair would look great on you. btw,i dig your tumblr

I got the 36s (I'm 6'2 190ish). I was between sizes, and somehow mine ended up measuring 1 inch smaller in almost all dimensions than the website said. It ended up being perfect! I told john he must have measured every pair to find the smallest 36 for me haha.

Don't sell them. Word is that the evo is unbelievable.

@kayodic: GET and we take fit pics together when u come down to visit...

@ThisSunday: thanks, pity my camera's borrowed out so they're kinda blurry. think the fabric texture is made more obvious due to the bedcord, almost like jungle cloth but in looks only, these guys absorb water like crazy... and look even more different up-close, jungle cloth do remind me a little of gerbadine. :)

For shirts like the midnight cpo or the prairie denim shirt should I get my usual size?

I wear M in most my shirts and looking at the MF size chart I should fit a size M.However for those 2 shirts since they are raw and will shrink further,should I get a size up?

As promised.....Some post-soak pics of my Indigo Gunslingers.

(Sorry for the lame face haha)

7082031925_6e599a9fca.jpg

Bonus up-close of the awesomeness of the fabric Christophe chose for these. From afar, it looks super dark blue, almost black, but in the direct sunlight, they have a purple/redish hue. Can't wait to see these evolve over the next couple weeks/months.

7082033033_36dc7a0e1d.jpg

Another Win in my mind for Christophe and the team at Mister Freedom!

Here are the Pre/Post Soak Measurements from my pair. 20 min cold soak as John suggested.

Mister Freedom "Gunslinger" Indigo Size 36

Waist: 37" / 35"

Front Rise: 13.5" / 12.75"

Back Rise: 17.2 / 16.8"

Thigh: 13.6" / 13.5"

Inseam: 35.5" / 33.1"

Hem: 9.3" / 8.75"

My Gunslingers size 32, silly fit pic is after a initial cold soak and a couple of days of wear. The others are after a week and a half, they got soaked in rain last week after cycling home from from work, just sprayed them with clean cold water afterwards to get the dirt of that splashed on from the ground.

IMG_0727.jpg

R0010943.jpg

R0010959.jpg

R0010946.jpg

R0010948.jpg

R0010952.jpg

R0010957.jpg

R0010954.jpg

Edited by Mvk190