MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same buttons as on the cali's. hopefully the price will be in the vein of cali's.

Yeah that jacket is super dope. Really like seeing the shawl collar on it. Pleats and pockets. Wonderful.

I would call that more of a club collar like you get a on a 1920's shirt than a shawl...only because of the way it's cut and does not flow into the body of the jacket.

I would call that more of a club collar like you get a on a 1920's shirt than a shawl...only because of the way it's cut and does not flow into the body of the jacket.

correctamundo on not being a shawl.

Just going by the pics I've seen of it, that's the one thing I'm not thrilled about. Takes away the masculinity of the jacket for me.

File under splitting hairs: As it is a flat collar, I don't think it can be classified as a club collar (or eton collar). Also, I think that club collars only refer to shirts. Outerwear has different names for the various parts.

As for it's masculine lines, this sort of collar was found on millitary sack coats (the standard issue fatigue coat) For US and Union soldiers for much of the last half of the 19th century.

link172.jpg

File under splitting hairs: As it is a flat collar, I don't think it can be classified as a club collar (or eton collar). Also, I think that club collars only refer to shirts. Outerwear has different names for the various parts.

As for it's masculine lines, this sort of collar was found on millitary sack coats (the standard issue fatigue coat) For US and Union soldiers for much of the last half of the 19th century.

link172.jpg

I'm not positive on the correct name myself, just know it's not a shawl....

And being non masculine, that is just my opinion. That collar works with a civil war sack coat. It just doesn't (to me) work with a denim type 2 jacket.

Unbelievable experience. Could've spent hours in here. Can't wait to get back to L.A.

IMG_9380.jpg

Met Christophe for the first time at the Self Edge party. Pretty big deal for me. I didn't get to chat with him at his shop. He was busy upstairs working. Very cool guy. Didn't get to speak with him as much as I wanted but it was a party

IMG_9719.jpg

IMG_9723.jpg

Can't wait to see what's in that bag. I have to take pics of the recent additions to my collection.

Wore the Midnight Riders today. I lightly washed these, gave them a 20 min hot soak and threw them in the dryer to get more shrinkage. I don't think Farhad ever soaked these because they shrank quite a bit.

IMG_0048.jpg

How much would say that the riders shrank in length? I almost picked them up last week at MF but spent alot on other things. I kinda wish I had picked them up instead of the calis.

The measurements on Self Edge are pretty accurate. They shrank the expected amount. The inseam is now 32"

This is how they looked when I got them from Farhad

P6032912.jpg

And now they look like this

IMG_0048.jpg

Great pick up Brian. That's definitely a classic. Very nice pics as well

Here's what I picked up from Mister Freedom. I got the handkerchief from BAZAR, which is a great shop on Abbot Kinney in Venice. Tina Wakino runs the shop and it's full of great vintage furniture. She also has a ton of great Mister Freedom pieces. Go check it out if you're in the area

P6193397.jpg

P6193396.jpg

P6193393.jpg

P6193392.jpg

P6193391.jpg

P6193389.jpg