MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

way too late but giving it a shot anyhow

anyone know where i can still find a MF deck jacket size 36-38?

Last weekend i visited BOB in Hoogland and they still had one deck jacket left (and also some peacoats btw), i didn't take notice of what size it was, but you could give them a call +3133-4802549

http://butcherofblue.com/

Don't expect cheap prices though! The peacoats were over €800!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are out on rakuten.

Actually, you should try calling Mister Freedom, then the J Crew Men's store on Broadway or the Liquor Store.

Looks like they are out on rakuten.

Actually, you should try calling Mister Freedom, then the J Crew Men's store on Broadway or the Liquor Store.

Okay, what's gives??? I understand the Mister Freedom / Sugar Cane partnership, but why do WE have to spend $400 on the new Rider Dungarees in America when Japan only has to pay $284.95 (26,040 yen). That's crapola!!!

Even with all the fees through a Japanese buying service, you'll still save at least $50 bucks.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc40770a/

Okay, what's gives??? I understand the Mister Freedom / Sugar Cane partnership, but why do WE have to spend $400 on the new Rider Dungarees in America when Japan only has to pay $284.95 (26,040 yen). That's crapola!!!

Even with all the fees through a Japanese buying service, you'll still save at least $50 bucks.

For the record, 26,040 YEN is about $300. Putting it into a converter gives you market rate, not what you'll actually pay once the charge goes through.

When importing denim into America Mister Freedom has to pay 21.4% on the wholesale price in taxes, duties, landing fees, and airport charges.

The profit margin of stores in Japan is actually HIGHER than the stores selling it outside of Japan.

For the record, 26,040 YEN is about $300. Putting it into a converter gives you market rate, not what you'll actually pay once the charge goes through.

When importing denim into America Mister Freedom has to pay 21.4% on the wholesale price in taxes, duties, landing fees, and airport charges.

The profit margin of stores in Japan is actually HIGHER than the stores selling it outside of Japan.

Isn't that fairly typical of any country from which a garment originates?

Yup, for very obvious reasons.

Yup, for very obvious reasons.

I was stationed in Japan from 1995 through 1999 - boy, do I wish I was there now to buy all their goods. I barely knew enough back then to buy a pair of their 702xx bucklebacks from a store called "The Dan".

There is a pair of Rider Dungarees in a size 32 waists on Rakuten International for under $300. Too bad they won't shrink down to a size 30. Damn the military for having a weight control program. I'd give up the gym and running in a heartbeat : )

I was stationed in Japan from 1995 through 1999 - boy, do I wish I was there now to buy all their goods. I barely knew enough back then to buy a pair of their 702xx bucklebacks from a store called "The Dan".

There is a pair of Rider Dungarees in a size 32 waists on Rakuten International for under $300. Too bad they won't shrink down to a size 30. Damn the military for having a weight control program. I'd give up the gym and running in a heartbeat : )

I assume if this was coming from Mexico there would be no duties or taxes because of NAFTA? Thanks a lot Bill Clinton.

I assume if this was coming from Mexico there would be no duties or taxes because of NAFTA? Thanks a lot Bill Clinton.

The real question should be, "Why doesn't MF make the MFSC jeans here?" Sugar Cane already has a "Made in the USA" line, which may or may not actually be the case, but it seems like Christophe is a big proponent of manufacturing stuff locally. Also, if SC already makes jeans in the states, then they have already accepted the QC issues and the "infrastructure" is already there. The SC made in the USA stuff also sells for a premium in Japan, compared to their standard stuff.

The real question should be, "Why doesn't MF make the MFSC jeans here?" Sugar Cane already has a "Made in the USA" line, which may or may not actually be the case, but it seems like Christophe is a big proponent of manufacturing stuff locally. Also, if SC already makes jeans in the states, then they have already accepted the QC issues and the "infrastructure" is already there. The SC made in the USA stuff also sells for a premium in Japan, compared to their standard stuff.

The real question should be, "Why doesn't MF make the MFSC jeans here?"

I haven't paid attention to the others, but my 7161s were made in the USA by Sugar Cane.

The real question should be, "Why doesn't MF make the MFSC jeans here?"

I haven't paid attention to the others, but my 7161s were made in the USA by Sugar Cane.

If all are made in the USA, I would wonder why they go through the trouble to ship to Japan, then ship back here, but I don't think all are made in the USA. Wasn't the 7161 a little special? Like the inaugural pair or something.

If all are made in the USA, I would wonder why they go through the trouble to ship to Japan, then ship back here, but I don't think all are made in the USA. Wasn't the 7161 a little special? Like the inaugural pair or something.

Dunno about the country of origin on the others as neither MF nor SE sites seem to say. Even if they were made here, there would probably be import duties, etc., on the denim? FWIW, my 7161s were about the same price in Japan as they were here. I'd be willing to bet the US charges more for importing Japanese goods than vice versa, but that's just a guess.

marineabilly- Great jeans! Is there a brand label? I think the only option on them would be to have them taken in on the outseams, also making the legs slimmer.

Dunno about the country of origin on the others as neither MF nor SE sites seem to say. Even if they were made here, there would probably be import duties, etc., on the denim? FWIW, my 7161s were about the same price in Japan as they were here. I'd be willing to bet the US charges more for importing Japanese goods than vice versa, but that's just a guess.

marineabilly- Great jeans! Is there a brand label? I think the only option on them would be to have them taken in on the outseams, also making the legs slimmer.

just had the mechanic's shirt, mulholland master jacket, rider's dungarees and bronco champ jacket in my hands at http://www.burgundschild.com/

crazy stuff. unfortunately they do not have the rider's dungarees in my size (only 30, 32 and 34 left).

for all you german heads, they have the master left in 42 and 44. mechanic's shirt in M and XL. do not know about the bronco, two size apparently.