Bunching at knees?

emaze

I have a pair of Samurai S0710WX export model

which are bunching up in the front of my knees & are sticking out a bit much. How can I get rid of this? Should I hem my length some more & shorten the overall length? I've hot soaked them twice already to shrink them down. The size of my waist fits great, so I don't believe I sized incorrectly on these. These jeans are probably their slimest fit compared to the rest of the models by Sammy...

left.jpg

I have no issues really with knee bunches but there was just a huge amount of denim material sticking out in the front of my knee. & it look akward because of the slim cut... Slim on my ankles and thighs but then on the knee it's like poofing out alot...

and like cheap said with normal wear it should drape down eventually, but won't this then displace and lower all my honey comb's from the back of my knee?

you have nothing to worry about. I think it may just be you looking down at your jeans that makes it look odd to you. your point of view is not the same as people that might be looking. In the pic that you posted it looks fine.

the knee bunching is just a natural part of wearing fitting jeans.

Thanks Miz for the vote of confidence..... I was gonna go to the javits center to the tech show and buy one of those japanese robots. You know the ones that can walk up and down stairs. Gonna rotate my 3 pairs of raw denims on it, & make it climb my walkup apt...maybe I'll even use it for the denim experiment contest, is that allowed?

and like cheap said with normal wear it should drape down eventually, but won't this then displace and lower all my honey comb's from the back of my knee?

yeah it will displace as time goes as you live with it,but will continue to make new fades where it applies as long as you keep wearing them. just let the jeans do its thing.like ron popeal once said "set it and forget it" :P

ok cool, thanks everyone for easing my mind a bit, I was going stir crazy looking at every possible reflecting surface to see if my jeans were looking akward or not? I wasn't sure if it was something weird going on with the Samurai cut?

-much appreciation

yeah it will displace as time goes as you live with it,but will continue to make new fades where it applies as long as you keep wearing them. just let the jeans do its thing.like ron popeal once said "set it and forget it" :P

Set it and forget it... thats great.

its exactly what your supposed to do. I think alot of people have overlooked this step.

I really don't think it's a hemming issue on these sammy's? I really feel like they were actually cut weird or maybe I just need to give them more time to wear in...

Thanks Miz for the vote of confidence..... I was gonna go to the javits center to the tech show and buy one of those japanese robots. You know the ones that can walk up and down stairs. Gonna rotate my 3 pairs of raw denims on it, & make it climb my walkup apt...maybe I'll even use it for the denim experiment contest, is that allowed?

you're laughing but i almost convinced 2 friends of mine at engineering school to built to kind of lower body robot that simulate walking and squating to wear jeans for some kind of school contest (they even manage to get enough money from their school). they ended up switching to some dumbass thing that help handicaped ppl doing whatever cause they thought people wouldn't understand (helping handicaped ppl is great, but a robot that wear jeans would have been much cooler...)

I tried pulling the leg down and it just looks like there was extra material at the knee? Causing these jeans to poof out on the knee. Does anyone else own a pair of these export models???

The knee bunching, I would assume, is from two things: the excessive creasing behind the knees, and stretched denim actually on the knees. If you sat with these while they were damp it is probably a bit of both. You can get rid of some of the bunching by spraying some water on the knee area that needs to shrink. I have done this with many of my jeans and it works just fine.

If you don't want to do that, cuff the jeans so that the cuff isn't resting on your shoes. This will encourage the jeans to drape a bit more than they currently are and the weight of the jeans will tend to straighten out the knee a bit. I highly doubt samurai cut these jeans so that the knee bunched up on purpose.

The knee bunching will disappear with wear and time.

Your jeans need to get strectched out and worn in, and the part below the knee gets the least wear and thus takes longest. On the other hand, the knee and upper legs get plenty of wear. In time your pants will drape better. Just consider this part of the process and don't do anything drastic like hemming them in order to get rid of the bunching. Your photo illustrates your problem well, and it will go away if you keep wearing your jeans. And by any chance, did you put these jeans on wet and do some knee bends or something?