Warehouse Duckdiggers

mizanation

i thought it's time to start a Duckdigger thread.

i just got a pair of the Duckdigger 1920s.

i have to say, these might be my favorite pair of jeans yet--and you guys know how much i love my PBJ XX-005s.

just finished soaking them and i'm wearing them right now to dry. so, no pics yet. however, let me give you some of the details that i love:

1) suprisingly low-rise. these jeans are probably as low as my pbj xx-005s, i kid you not. when they dry, i will measure.

2) super-straight leg. the leg is straight all the way down, no taper, no flare.

3) crotch reinforcement fabric. a lot of people on this forum have suffered ripped crotches (on the jeans, not on the body)--especially those who like to wear their jeans a little tight. well, that will never happen with these duckdiggers. they have extra fabric stitched on, so that the crotch will never rip.

4) cinch-back AND belt loops. you can wear a belt, but still have that aesthetically pleasing cinch-back.

5) reinforcement stitching instead of rivets. these 1920s have beautiful, beautiful reinforcement stitching at the stress points. very nice.

6) double and triple chainstitching. there is double chainstitching on the hem and triple chainstitching on places like the yoke. that's a very nice detail--and super strong too.

7) donut buttons. i love donut buttons, and all the buttons on these are donuts.

8) double selvage. some duckdiggers have half-selvage, some double. the 1920s have double.

9) beautiful stitching. there is beautiful ornamental stitching on the front pockets and the back pockets.

10) the denim is amazing. the denim after wash is very, very slubby and absolutely gorgeous.

if you guys can wait a few hours, i will post worn pics and detail pics. i always wanted to buy a duckdigger, but i wanted to wait until the 1920s came in at BiG. i'm very glad i waited.

hey Miz, if Im not mistaken you also have the 1900 duckdiggers, if you could post pics of those as well to see the fit that would be great. And if its not you, could the owner of a 1900 duckdigger please show the fit. Thanks

*EDIT*

I WAS WRONG, I GOT A 31, NOT A 32.

i got a *edit* 31, which is the same size as my PBJ XX-005s. i soaked these duckdiggers in cold water for several hours today and they shrank like crazy. i could barely put them on. *edit* that's because they are a 31, instead of a 32, like i though.

btw, goldengloves, do you box? where and at what weight class?

hey Miz, if Im not mistaken you also have the 1900 duckdiggers, if you could post pics of those as well to see the fit that would be great. And if its not you, could the owner of a 1900 duckdigger please show the fit. Thanks

hey ahlvahroe, i don't have the 1900s, actually. if i did get the 1900s, i would also have to invest in some dope suspenders (no belt loops!). i actually have a pair of workpants i got from CMF, that are like the 1900s but are in a duck canvas. single pocket, suspender buttons, cinch-back.

thanks guys.

minya, here are the measurements after one long cold soak (size 31):

waist: 33 inches

front rise: 10 inches

back rise: 14 inches

thigh (from crotch to outside of leg) 12 inches

leg opening: 8.5 inches

inseam: 33 inches

my PBJ XX-005's size 32 after one cold soak and numerous wears:

front rise: 10 inches

back rise: 14 inches

thigh: 11.5 inches

waist: 34 inches

leg opening: 8.5 inches

inseam: 34.5 inches

i said this while i was in japan, but i'll say it again. i love these jeans. i don't know WHY i didn't buy them while i was in japan. i think i was too busy buying other people jeans that i felt like i was buying too many.

anyway. i will probably be buying them at some point- but i'm a fan of the non-cinchback.

The back design is ok, but other than that I'm sorry to have to say this...I find the details almost ugly...that said...next to the PBJ AI-001s, the denim is best I've ever run my hands over, even better than 45 rpm's stuff. The sheen looks gorgeous in real life. I think anyone who doesn't have a problem with the details and decides to get it will be very pleased with the material.

very true, coldrice.

also, they make a bunch of other models that have different details.

the 1900 doesn't have belt loops, has cinchback with suspender buttons, it has the reinforcement stitching (no rivets)

the 1920 has beltloops, cinchback, reinforcement stitching, no suspender buttons, no rivets

the 1930 has rivets (no reinforcement stitching), cinchback, beltloops AND suspender buttons

the 1950 has no cinchback, no suspender buttons, no reinforcement stitching, just beltloops, rivets. so, it has the least details.

yeah, shinobi, the denim is very, very good to say the least.

Freakingfinally!

A Duckdiggers thread, now lets hope that this one is here to stay. I've done a thousand searches and either the threads dissapear or the pictures in posts don't work anymore. These truly have something mysterious about them!

Haven't been able to find pictures of a naturally worn in pair, for example.

The reason for my excitment is the fact that ever since I set my eye on these I've wanted a pair real bad. But there was hardly any info about them on either of the SF's (for as far as I could find)

My question to you Miz, does BIG have all models, 'cause if I remembered correctly I didn't see the 20's or the 40's on the site? And what about the duck 1880 one's?

I'm personally not sure what to think of the 20's and 40's. I think I like the more oldschool workwear looking types better. But the reinforcement stitching on these is beautifull! Just not sure about the back pocket shape.

Hmmmm?

That's it for now, probably more questions in the future since I would have to get these over the net if I finally decide wich model I want.

oh and anyone who also owns them, pictures please!

ps. you don't necessarily need to get suspenders for the beltloop-less models, just have to shrink them to exactly your size, they might stretch a little but hey, you've always got the cinch! This worked perfect for me on the LVC "first blue jeans."