Grey m65 winter jacket

poly800rock

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit late, but Paul Smith Japan has a piece that seems right up your alley right now. Herringbone wool M-65, with the normal traditional details (zip collar, normally set pockets, etc). If you're anything like me (5'9 and slim), a PS Japan size medium will fit you well. It's going for 45000'ish yen and is in the October issue of Non-no a couple times.

Or you could just go for the best.. Can get them for like $75 shipped, attention to detail is amazing.. doesnt have to be designer to look good.. Alpha Industries M-65 (used by military).. this particular one is 50 % cotton and 50% nylon.. they also make a cotton one but its from last year so its harder to locate

img08911665.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
A bit late, but Paul Smith Japan has a piece that seems right up your alley right now. Herringbone wool M-65, with the normal traditional details (zip collar, normally set pockets, etc). If you're anything like me (5'9 and slim), a PS Japan size medium will fit you well. It's going for 45000'ish yen and is in the October issue of Non-no a couple times.

that sounds nuts, been looking for something like that for a while now :eek:

i dont usually shop here but, armani exchange has a grey wool m65 jacket. the only thing wrong with it is labeling on the chest that is removable due to velcro. it has red velcro underneather.

its on their website and it comes in black wool as well. the sleeves fold in and button for anyone not interested in that look.

^^ they got it right on the money with that angled/pointed cuff... wish it had a velcro strap or something on it though.

Watch out for over-sizing.

• 2 weeks later...
the only real reason i haven't saved my lunch money for the WJK one is b/c i need a winter coat. I have enough one layer things for the fall, and i need a winter coat now. maybe if minya has it hanging around in the spring...

yea same here, I even checked the measurements if I could attach a lining to it but it would be too small.

I thought about the m66 with the removable lining, but thats just too expensive right now.. I have a removable lining from another jacket so I'll just probably buy some other m65 and attach it :P

the only real reason i haven't saved my lunch money for the WJK one is b/c i need a winter coat. I have enough one layer things for the fall, and i need a winter coat now. maybe if minya has it hanging around in the spring...

co-sign. i think we share a brain poly.

as for the m66, i would love to buy it, since it's basically everything i want, but personally, i would in no way am i going to drop a grand for an article of clothing. also my girlfriend would kill me and think i'm stupid.

Not quite an M65 (nor a true winter jacket at that), but I'm happy with it. Bought it from GAP for about 30 bucks a couple of years back. I was unhappy with the faded olive drab color of it, so I used RIT color remover, then a couple of boxes of trusty RIT dye in the washer,and voila, charcoal grey. (don't mind the stupid ZY patches, stupidly decided to tack them on after inital purchase, it's now regretted)

199415900.jpg