5 most underrated/best designed kicks/shoes

bron82

Pretty obvious these days people will buy a pair of nike sb's in a shite colourway (my opinion) caus they are sb/exclusive or what not which is fine, we all need a hobby. What I want to know is what shoes/kicks do you consider good from a design point of view, ie interesting use of colour, material, overal aesthetic. Ive seen some kicks that people cant seem to give away to the general sneakerhead market, that from a design point of view (being a graphic design student) I thought were awesome. Whats peoples top five, they dont have to be underrated, doesnt even have to be five.

Mine, only 4

Clarks desert boot: classic, fits lots of different styles, ur grandad could wear them, so could a sneakerhead.

Nike Air Force 1 Dirk: Interesting use of colours that wouldnt normally be seen together on a shoe, olive/grey, blue, patent black. Contrasting loud colours and subtler earthy colours.

Nike Dunk High sb T19: You cant give these away but I think these are so clean looking. Only pair of dunks I'd buy.

Callous Kurtz, british camel: Just an interesting looking shoe, use of straight lines in the construction.

please dont tell me to feck off to Niktalk.

news_200592213448.jpg

I think these Visvims are beautifully designed, the back is pretty thick leather and really stable, and the front is elk skin so super soft. Most comfortable sneakers I own.

I think the Adidas Stan Smith is a real design classic, very simple but still going strong. I think (not 100% sure) they're the best selling sneaker ever.

callous takikaze. sad to see them go- still want a few pairs, they're just so comfortable!

visvim fbt (i still think they're pretty underrated. i don't think i've ever seen anyone wearing them on the street or even in the waywt thread)

hm i should start doing that on waywt thread :)

yea i really like the callous tachikaze. especially the beinghunted colorway.

alot of the ubiq stuff is really nice looking but i would probably not say underated as its not really avalible so jo public dosent have chioce same with visvim.

for me in no particular order

puma discs

haurache light

nke moire(best designed new shoe from nike in 10 years imo)

one true saxons desert boot i cant remember its model they very cheap on the site and look fantastic.

tnt 2 vans

Guest Montreal

Alife Everybody Lows:

DSC04162.jpg

The combination of materials used, as well as the overall shape of the shoe, combined with the fact that NO ONE rocks these makes them a great candidate for most under-rated.

Puma somthing or another style, they are almost soleless, have a split sole, I think they are yoga shoes, but they are incredibly ocmfortable, and nice looking

Charlotte Russe cheapo high heels, they have really cute stuff, quality is hit or miss, btu I have a pair that is 3 years old, for $16 that I still am getting good mileabge out of, they are my most comfortable heels, i've bought all sorts of designer ones that crapped out before these have even thought about it.

gravis have some pretty hip design for skater style and/or dunk shoes. I've surprisingly gotten alot of compliments from "normal" people about mine.

I have my eye on this right now: http://www.gravisfootwear.com/products/product.aspx?productID=4714&shortMaterialNumber=G7516102&categoryID=4700&subcategoryID=4700

Gravis makes nice shoes, that aren't too hyped up. Don't own any myself right now though.

I like the way the Rod Lavers look, don't know if they're underrated though. Once again, don't own them though.