April77

Astérix

• 2 weeks later...
Guest umhaha84

40819_1.jpg

so I really like this jean but Blackbird's pretty expensive compared to other stores. (cardigan they sell for 310 is selling for 220 at Revolve)

anyone know where I can find this besides blackbird?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
yo i got this word tonight that this company is apparently broke as fuck and not making more jeans and shit

this is from a fairly reliable source

stock up on the skinny pants boys cuz the online store is looking like uh.. not real

Any more info you can give us on this?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I am considering ordering April77 Joey in size 30 but is unsure of the size. I have size 28 in my APC New Cure and they fit perfect after 1 month. How is Joey, compared with New Cure? Will they stretch as much as my APC? The model I'm considering is called "Pearl Joey Burton."

901691-rescaledpic-400x599.jpg

yo i got this word tonight that this company is apparently broke as fuck and not making more jeans and shit

this is from a fairly reliable source

stock up on the skinny pants boys cuz the online store is looking like uh.. not real

yeah read it on racked from a WWD article:

Trend-driven French denim label April77 has closed shop, reports WWD. Archetype Showroom, which represents the label in the United States, sent letters to retailers in recent weeks announcing there would be no spring shipments.

The company, which has faced financial and production issues in recent seasons, failed to deliver fall-winter orders to retailers including Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Bloomingdale's.

http://racked.com/archives/2010/04/08/april-77-is-dunzo.php

http://www.wwd.com/markets-news/french-denim-maker-april77-shutters-3026035

Sad but I can not say I am totally surprised. I swear I did not see any of the F/W pieces anywhere.

The twitter was updated

http://twitter.com/april77official

"APRIL77® IS NOT FUCKING DEAD"

But even if it's true, it ran it course sadly. Compare the last 3 seaons to gems like the death melody, martini time and the new church. Not comparable, yet I still own way more items from the last 3 seasons.

My old patch joeys have still held up and havent really stretched at all after all these years.

Also I had to lol at this

coming_soon.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...