Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

My redesigned portfolio, still not entirely finished, but the layout and visuals are all done. Check out the full thing at blackoffice.org

i find the frame far too narrow for you to bother making it into a centered setting with the shadowed border. maybe just make the entire background white or black, and nix having the border altogether.

also the insanely large default fonts are quite unpleasant. just my 2 cents.

i find the frame far too narrow for you to bother making it into a centered setting with the shadowed border. maybe just make the entire background white or black, and nix having the border altogether.

also the insanely large default fonts are quite unpleasant. just my 2 cents.

????? What browser and resolution are you using, Ive tested it on 1024 and up and the fonts should be quite small.

Im kinda confused

Edit: Cot dang, I fucked up, I only went and uploaded the wrong css file, thanks for spotting the mess for me. I aint sposed to look like that.

Ok, font sizing is fixed, cant believe what an idiot I was. I prefer using ems to pixels for font sizing as it produces mostly the same results cross browser and cross resolution, but I forgot to specify the default font size in the body properties. DUH!!

All other comments I will take into consideration, so thanks for your opinions.

Ok, font sizing is fixed, cant believe what an idiot I was. I prefer using ems to pixels for font sizing as it produces mostly the same results cross browser and cross resolution, but I forgot to specify the default font size in the body properties. DUH!!

All other comments I will take into consideration, so thanks for your opinions.

you update it yet? still see same shit.

might want to reevaluate the work that's up there now as well as taking a look over your typography again. you're either tracked too tightly or too loose in a bunch of areas. lots of kerning needed.

my suggestions are get the header out of the way and smaller and let your work stand out. right now it looks super busy, especially because of the nature of your work. it looks like nested frames or something as you scroll and makes it look like a ton of information to read when in reality you're only trying to present 5 of your projects.

my suggestions are get the header out of the way and smaller and let your work stand out. right now it looks super busy, especially because of the nature of your work. it looks like nested frames or something as you scroll and makes it look like a ton of information to read when in reality you're only trying to present 5 of your projects.

i was trying to work in baby steps towards telling him that :P

I see what you mean, guess I could resize the header so its not in the way as much.

Doobi, when you say the tracking is off, do you mean on the site or on some of the projects?

I see what you mean, guess I could resize the header so its not in the way as much.

Doobi, when you say the tracking is off, do you mean on the site or on some of the projects?

some of the projects could use some refining, and the little headers to the projects as well.

even the banner at the top. look at the spacing between the o-f and the c-e compared to your f-i. could drive a truck through the c-k as well.

:)

The K on the logo is backwards, hence why it looks off, but Ill check the other headers, they probably could do with a bit of refining. Most of the projects are really only placeholder images at the minute (most of my work is dynamic stuff so theyre just screenshots), so those Im definitely going to polish up.

Oh and is the font size as it should be now?

Thanks for all the help

The K on the logo is backwards, hence why it looks off, but Ill check the other headers, they probably could do with a bit of refining. Most of the projects are really only placeholder images at the minute (most of my work is dynamic stuff so theyre just screenshots), so those Im definitely going to polish up.

Oh and is the font size as it should be now?

Thanks for all the help

i realize it's backwards, it sitll looks like you can drive a truck through there. perhaps just turn it forwards how it should be and it might fix it.

also the fonts below still seem rather large.

and for the about section, justified type = ... well, bad.

That's a lame excuse. There's no one thing that we could tell you that will fix it.

The font you use for your logotype is impossible to read and contrasts poorly with the rest of the fonts on your site.

Gradient header looks a mess, and might not work in all browsers.

White background and black content area is hard on the eyes. Drop shadow isn't helping either.

Instead of one fat image, maybe try a smaller thumbnail or several thumbnails. (maybe use lightbox so they can click all over the place)

And for the love of christ please space everything MORE.

You say you're 22 but according to your website you look like you're 14. (No offense intended but from a someone elses perspective that is how it comes across.)

But the key important things that I would fix would be, the background colour, the font sizes, spacing of font/images/borders and your header/logo.

Also keep in mind that you can look creative while still looking professional. There are a bunch of examples on these sites (sorry for the css focus but these are the only sites i could find )

http://www.css-website.com/

http://www.csselite.com/

http://www.cssbeauty.com/