Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

what kind of media is that around the eyes, nose, lips? pen? graphite? it almost looks like its done on the comp.

it was, I made it with a program called Painter. I used the charcoal setting to draw it and then the shading was done with the spraypaint setting :)

haha, thanks. yeah apparently i made it a little too difficult. i barely tested it on anyone else besides myself. i just got really good at it from playing so many times and i didnt realize how hard it actually was.

I think it's just right actually. I'd mess up and it would get near the bottom, but i'd eventually get it back up to the top, mess up on one word again, get it almost out of the water, etc.

I just got lost because i got tired.

my motion graphics work. pretty much all quick corporate projects, so it's not the most exciting stuff. but I wanted to get a little reel up to start finding some more creative work.

www.andyjscott.com

hey nice graphics. just wanted to know how well corporate companies pay for projects like that?

Guest Bjorn

The Original Fake Color Sticker Set (pictured here) inspired my latest creation.

It's a re-creation of the stickers in Flash, so you can color them all you want, over and over again:

www.bjernies.com/OFstickers

I also recentely did this simple screensaver, based on the standardized TV Color Bars:

www.bjernies.com/ColorBarsScreensaver

Let me know what you think..

^$278,871 a pop for those pieces? sold any? howd you arrive at the figure?

I am glad you asked. Gursky sold his 99cent diptych for 3.34 million last year. I took that figure and divided it by twelve (number of framed prints in the show). The show is about many things, but with the actual installations (framed print + xeroxes) I wanted to consider the fetishization of the art object in the art market, apparent in the price of gurskys print. the glass, the frame, the static nature of it, for me, all these factors are quite repelling, so I wanted to ask, what is the difference, really, between a framed print, editioned at one, and a xerox of the same thing? The xeroxes were replenished and people were allowed to take them home and make books with them, furthering the case for the xerox, allowing the viewer to be more intimate with the photograph as well as have power over it. So in the show I am selling the object installations for $300, as I am selling a concept, and not neccesarily an exorbitantly-priced object.

in a nutshell :P

edit: and yeah, I sold a installation for $300.

and to cite: http://www.popphoto.com/photographynewswire/3911/the-first-3m-photograph.html

Thanks to blackscissors ... hope they turn this juvenile drawing into something next level.

thanks DÃœM. much appreciated.

and yessur selectivebeef it was dee best.

phelen, im not converting anything. i take an image then retrace every single detail. well most at least. so every dot or line you see is done by mouse. thats why i cant please my woman a certain way no more. because of that fucking blog.

stay tuned anyway though.

thanks DÃœM. much appreciated.

and yessur selectivebeef it was dee best.

phelen, im not converting anything. i take an image then retrace every single detail. well most at least. so every dot or line you see is done by mouse. thats why i cant please my woman a certain way no more. because of that fucking blog.

stay tuned anyway though.

Amazing work anyway.

^thats quite neat

I am glad you asked. Gursky sold his 99cent diptych for 3.34 million last year. I took that figure and divided it by twelve (number of framed prints in the show). The show is about many things, but with the actual installations (framed print + xeroxes) I wanted to consider the fetishization of the art object in the art market, apparent in the price of gurskys print. the glass, the frame, the static nature of it, for me, all these factors are quite repelling, so I wanted to ask, what is the difference, really, between a framed print, editioned at one, and a xerox of the same thing? The xeroxes were replenished and people were allowed to take them home and make books with them, furthering the case for the xerox, allowing the viewer to be more intimate with the photograph as well as have power over it. So in the show I am selling the object installations for $300, as I am selling a concept, and not neccesarily an exorbitantly-priced object.

in a nutshell :P

and to cite: http://www.popphoto.com/photographynewswire/3911/the-first-3m-photograph.html

wait, so each installation is supposed to be about $300 and $300,000? thats much more realistic, i was all "300k for one framed photo?!" im pretty sure you made a typo on your blog if thats the case, fyi

thanks for explaining all that, pretty interesting

So in the show I am selling the object installations for $300, as I am selling a concept, and not neccesarily an exorbitantly-priced object.

All framed images are available at $278,871.00 USD each

dont make sense to me d00d. the math he mentioned does.. but his words are fucking me up

does he really mean 300 when he says "300" or is he being a fancy and leaving off the remaining three zeros..

damn! $278,871 for those pieces!? crazy artist. i guess it makes you look more professional if the prices of your art is ridiculously overpriced. i should try that..

the price is a statement, read it agaaaain. the xeroxes of the same framed pieces are free for the taking, so what's the difference between that and the 1 of 1 piece?

and the other objects are $300. (intended to be sold)