Macbook Laptops

notesee

i was thinking about getting one of these... i supppose the 1.83ghz 13.5 inch macbook..

its $1049 plus free nano at my school..

i have a mac mini 1.42ghz right now and am really happy with it, i just hate that i can't take it to school and browse superfuture and ebay during class (haha)

should i sell my mac mini w/keyboard and mouse and buy the macbook?

is it a lot better? is there anyone here who has used both?

just ordered a 17" macbook pro to replace my 3 years old 15" powerbook g4. wonder how much i can sell it off...pretty much beaten up with dents and scratches here and there thanks to dropping it twice. wonder if the internal organs are worth anything? anybody care to share their experience selling an old mac?

agreed. i fucking love my thinkpad. i grew up with pc's, hated on macs.

but thinking of picking up a notebook at some point- probably for djing.

Don't immediately feel like you have to jump into Mac territory to use a laptop for music-related work- it's all a sham. I've had a much better time using a dedicated PC to run all my music software.

i have 2 powerbooks 1 that is from 3-4 years ago (titanium) and has no problems and one that was released last year (non macbook) and both are really great..use both of them for video editing/after effects.. its a good investment and should last a while.

i've had macs all my life starting with a Mac Classic when i was 4 years old. when i started university, i had to get a pc notebook as some of the program we would be required to use were not available on Mac (that was 4 years ago, virtual pc was still pretty crappy). i hated my Dell laptop so much at first, but i've kind of come to accept it even though i'm jealous everytime i see my mom or my sister working on their macs...

but i'm due for a new computer so i'm waiting one of these new macbook pro core duo. i'll probably end up building a desktop pc at home and use it as an entertainment unit also (now with boot camp, there's no need to get a pc to run windows app, but i don't like how mac desktop are not really upgradeable so i'll go with something i can uptade bit by bit for home), but can't wait to get back to mac.

do you know around when in sept. the new macbooks are coming out...

i heard about it too...supposedly they are gonna reveal them at the macworld thing or whatever...

i was planning on getting a macbookpro for college, but if it comes out before i leave for school, i might just wait..

i believe the new mbp won't be out for a bit. feb maybe? maybe a speed bump is due soon but not the dual core...or i may be wrong..just a little assumption i made from researching on rumors on mac forums. so i went and copped me a mbp last week

Anyone use the iSight to chat with? I'm gonna get a MB pretty soon and was wondering if it's a worthwhile feature. My best friend and my whole family have all gotten MB's and MB Pro's lately and none of them use it, but I wanted to talk to them with video if possible, and have never done a webcam before...

i believe the new mbp won't be out for a bit. feb maybe? maybe a speed bump is due soon but not the dual core...or i may be wrong..just a little assumption i made from researching on rumors on mac forums. so i went and copped me a mbp last week

Apple is like the most secretive company and there is so much talking and gossiping going on on the net that it's really hard to know what's really going on.

Anyone use the iSight to chat with? I'm gonna get a MB pretty soon and was wondering if it's a worthwhile feature. My best friend and my whole family have all gotten MB's and MB Pro's lately and none of them use it, but I wanted to talk to them with video if possible, and have never done a webcam before...

if you're wondering about the quality.. it owns. resolution is pretty pimp for a "webcam".