Macbook Laptops

notesee

I just purchased one of these a couple days ago through a program at my school. It's the white one with the 13.5 inch monitor. I really would've liked the black, I think it looks sleeker but the laptop in general looks cool. It came with a remote control, which is fun to fuck around with and a built in web cam.

I like it a lot so far and was wondering if anyone has else has one of these laptops, or if anyone else here uses a Mac system?

i have a first generation 17" powerbook, which i've had for 3+ years and i'm surprised that i've had 0 problems with it (although my gf did drop it on the ground and made a dent. oh well). i really want one of the new mac pro desktops, but i don't have a reason for it yet, since i already have 2 other laptops (company and client computers), plus my mac.

how's the bottom heating on the macbooks? when i was playing around with them the bottom was super super hot. hotter than my 17" powerbook.

Good point guffer .. I didn't think about the finger print thing. I'm a nut when it comes to that shit so that would've aggravated me a whole lot.

At first I didn't feel my Macbook getting too warm but after leaving it on for a few days straight to download some movies off the net I noticed it was pretty hot, not as bad as my previous Dell laptop though. I know Dell sucks, but that computer was issued to everyone at my university so I had no choice.

I'm still getting used to the Mac OS, I've used them for my art courses but there's still some things I'm having trouble with .. like adding buddies to my AIM list using iChat.

I've been using macs for as far as I can remember. Now, I have a 12" powerbook and I really beat the hell out of it. After 2 or 3 years (I can't remember) it's still holding up really well. I'm not a big fan of the Macbooks, they look good from far but I find the keyboard and the trackpad to be awkward. Also, I much prefer a very compact 12 for mobility but if I had the money I'd probably buy a macbook too, just because I'm a geek.

love my 12inch mac.... I use it for djing with serato... & for all those who just bought new labtops check the mac site for the recall of the batteries. A problem was found in the battery and there was a case in japan where one overheated and caught fire!!!

you made a good choice to go with white. i have a feeling that paint will come off the black one after some use. you know some fade :D

i have a 20" imac, 12" ibook and 2 orange imacs as music and movie servers :) and thats just at home. i work with macs all day and night and didnt buy a pc for more than 10 years. if they would make 12" macbook i would jump on it right away. i like the new keyboard and the camera is cool too.

if you need any help or have any questions let me know

I'm still getting used to the Mac OS, I've used them for my art courses but there's still some things I'm having trouble with .. like adding buddies to my AIM list using iChat.

I'd recommend just downloading AIM. Its the same as the pc version but for your mac..

good choice on the mac..I've got a 15" powerbook thats almost 3 years old and i've had zero problems so far...(crosses fingers)

Good point guffer .. I didn't think about the finger print thing. I'm a nut when it comes to that shit so that would've aggravated me a whole lot.

At first I didn't feel my Macbook getting too warm but after leaving it on for a few days straight to download some movies off the net I noticed it was pretty hot, not as bad as my previous Dell laptop though. I know Dell sucks, but that computer was issued to everyone at my university so I had no choice.

yeah, i had one of those school issued Dells before i completely switched over. when i finally got my powerbook and people were bitching about the heat, i actually thought that they ran cooler.

i recommend using adiumx instead of ichat or aim. i like it because it has tabbed browsing. the only bitch of it is its glitchy file transfers.

I'd recommend just downloading AIM. Its the same as the pc version but for your mac..

My comp had AIM on it already, but it's unstable. It kept randomly crashing on me, and was doing the same thing on my friend's laptop, who has the same one as me.

Do you have AIM on your Mac? If so what version? Maybe I should look into downloading an older version that might be less buggy.

And thanks for the adiumx suggestion, horror. I'll look into it when I get home.

i never liked soulseex. i'm fine with nicotine. for torrents i use tomato torrent or azureus. also a must for mac VLC

I tried to install Nicotine first, but there is a specific process to do it .. I couldn't figure it out after multiple tries and just went with Soulseex since all I had to do was drag and drop to get it runnin. When I get more familiar with the Mac OS I'll try to install it later.

There is a video clip going around the net called "Smackbook pro" showing someone with a program that uses the Sudden Motion Sensor (hereafter SMS) as an analog input, so you can tap the side of your screen to do different things, rather than using your mouse to scroll, you can tap your screen to go to the next page, does anyone know where i can get this software?

there are a couple of other programs such as "seismac" and "Stablewindow" which make use of the SMS, but they are only fun for about ten minutes...

anyone know about the smackbook?