Superfuture V.s. Hypebeast,styleforum

CaliStyle

Im new to all three forums, i cant decide which one i like better nor have i been around long enough in each forum to discover the pros cons.

for u "style board" vets , what do u like/dislike about each? and granted there are biases pls be honest :)

also do u guys know for reference which board iss more active?/more users/threads etc.

from my observation superfuture and hypebeast are younger urban crowd and styleforum is a little bit more conservative older crowd?

superfuture has the most grown up mature feel, while still feel relevant to street culture

hypebeast is hilarious, but u cant take it seriously, good for hyped items and sneakers

styleforum is too conservative and boring for my tastes, its like walking into macy's

Superfuture is that new stylish boutique

Hypebeast is UNDFT or Union, alot of hyped up shit

and styleforum is macys

styleforum has a great menswear forum, which i think is fantastic - they pay as much attention to suits, shoes, belts, etc as denimheads do jeans. superfuture is obviously the denim place, and i'd say the supershopper section is pretty good too.

i wouldn't say superfuture is grown up or mature, the atmosphere at styleforum is much nicer and more grown up. superfuture has the edginess of youth and street culture with the right dash of good taste.

activity - superfuture's superdenim, supershopper and styleforum menswear sections are equally active i believe.

both are stylish in their own way.

Good analogies.

I'd like to add that The Fashion Spot is like US Weekly or Sak's/Neiman Marcus' womens section. Honest Forum is like NYC Atrium, accessable and safe "trendy fashion"...

Hypebeast / 5th Dimension / Niketalk seem to focus more on exclusivity and flashiness. Also seems to draw a much younger audience. Middle school to college.

Styleforum is utterly boring (to me) and seems to draw a greater audience of knowledge mavens (aside from SuperDenim of course)...

Superfuture is probably the best board out there but I wish it was a bit more cutting edge and focused more on up-and-coming designers, styles... having posters like youwish, chris, mouko, darkanimal, milspex, haptronic, etc.., really is superfuture's greatest asset because each of these posters has such a distinct style.

[quote name=djrajio〕

Superfuture is probably the best board out there but I wish it was a bit more cutting edge and focused more on up-and-coming designers' date=' styles... having posters like youwish, chris, mouko, darkanimal, milspex, haptronic, etc.., really is superfuture's greatest asset because each of these posters has such a distinct style.[/quote]

Thumbs up......

superfuture is the greatest. except when people just ask questions all the time and dont search. back to the topic supertalk seems to be a bit more informative to me. hypebeast/iss is usually a bunch of kids crying over shoes.

I quite like Hypebeast forum there is some good info on screenprinting, new releases and some interesting new streetwear labels.

SF is the business, such a good vibe here. Superfuturians are knowledge hounds, helpful, funny and not to serious which makes pleasant sifting.

SF summer of love

anyone here browse the other SF?

SF = SneakerFreaker, which is mainly focused upon kicks

Apu im a member of SF too .. my nick is different tho

imo .. sneaker freaker forum has gone downhill real bad

people posting craps .. and new members posting junks like there is no tommorow

back then i use to visit sneaker freaker first compared to all other forum but now its the last one

it's just not the same as it was 6-8 months ago

plus they dont know fuckall about denim

Actually there isn't really a difference in the focus between Superfuture and Styleforum other than one focuses on a vast knowledge of street culture, cutting-edge styles and cool stuff, while the other has a wealth of info on sartorial style and topics related to the working professional.

^ i can't tolerate most noobs (the thread-starter, for example); they really dampen my mood. i have to say that's why i am here more, because at least you can flame them with impunity.

the styleforum mods are mad knowledgeable, though. respeck! i tend to go there if i'm looking for info on coats, the engineered garments line, grown-up shoes and the like.

their streetwear forum is... meh. they are too democratic. they could use minya stomping faces over there sometimes.

DDML you're so right on. And there's a large percentage of people there who hate on skinnier jeans and the not washing method. Sometimes it's like sharing a forum with your parents! "Why don't you just wash them? Why would anyone want to wear their jeans tight, it looks stupid"

But they do have clothing topics not found here, they're responsible for me dropping huge chunk of money on the EG jacket.

Obviously I'm more active on styleforum, but I read both there and supertalk a lot. I used to read askandy daily, but that was a couple years back when I had to wear suit and tie daily--I'm also a closet trad. There's no doubt styleforum is friendlier to new folks than superfuture. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

The thing that bothers me about all the forums is the groupthink/grouptaste that goes on (Spruce! Japanese Repros! Engineered Garments! [nothing against those quality products]), but that's the nature of internet bulletin boards, I think.

EDIT: Styleforum does indeed have occasional "Jeans for $100?! Wha?" posts, but sometimes it's nice to get a little perspective--also have "check out $10,000 worth of shoes" posts.

the main reason that i found supertalk most attractive when i first came here is that it feels the most international...the members and the topics/labels...

fuk is entertaining to browse when i want to see some old fashioned flame wars...

styleforum was always problematic [for me] because of the insistence of following satorial rules even in the streetwear forum...

my dark secret was that i used to go to honestforum way too much...never even owned diesels...haha

somebody with truly inventive style like thomas highstreet [when he still posted outfits]...wouldn't have been apreciated as much anywhere as he was here...i guess that is what moves fashion forward...the cutting edge as it were...

superfuture is awesome, little put off by the recent rush of noobs joining the ranks and starting new stupid threads. its one thing to start a cool, funny, and entertaining supertrash thread and starting a thread to ask the same question that has been answered in another thread.

i like the organization on SF a lot, especially the new post button. i only go onto the homepage of hypebeast and lurk sometimes on the forum. i must say the screenprinting thread is one of the best sources for information. great stuff.

styleforum is a little dull, but they know what they are talking about. denim and streetwear section is a little boring, but some cool threads in there as well.

all in all, the people on supertalk are cool so i chill here.

I'm here cos while Styleforum is much more gentille, I always end up giving people lifestyle and nutrition advice and I simply don't find any of the other forums I'm aware of applicable or attractive.

ST has changed a lot in the year and a bit since I became aware of it but I'm kind of dug in now and for the time being at least it's part of my routine... I don't think it's as exciting as it was, but it probably seems that way because I've got a lot more knowledge.

Let's just say, there may have been a few kids out there who were xcoldricex customers (as an example) and picked up some PBJs, or Loopwheeler ish, and their knowledge and/or appreciation of the product doesn't really go beyond the props they get for posting detailed pictures on internet forums. To them, there may be some satisfaction of wearing these hyper-expensive plain items because it probably is a form of elitism (Ringring said it was high quality!)

we are hated