Cheap Monday

youth_culture

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, with my italian unwash's i did true to my size, 29-34, and the only think i found was that the inseam was a bit short. I've had a couple weeks of wear in them and two accidental washes and they've lost a lot of color, they look completely different now, but i don't know how well they'll fade... i didn't know that cheap mondays faded at all really until i saw a pair on the previous page

i'm pretty skinny but even if cheap mondays do shrink, i find they tend to stretch right back out once you wear em in again. just try to wash them the least amount as possible as a rule of thumb i guess... and no heat, ruins their already shitty quality. those things aren't built to last very long.

Picking up the suit from the store. The mod pasts fit great. One qualm, everything is sized S/M/L, not by actual measurements. S on the pants fits about 28-29.

I'm waiting for the small jacket to come in so I can try the whole thing on. If it doesn't fit, I'm going to order for a XS. Will post picks when it comes in.

As far as the construction goes, the pants are a poly/viscose blend and definitely aren't the greatest pants I've ever put on. But for the price point, the pants fit pretty damn well and the fit is pretty great.

"The store" = the store where I work

So far as I can tell, I don't think that either the pant or the suit come in XS. I'm going to talk to my boss about it tomorrow and see. I'll see whether or not we'll be able to get our hands on any more stock.

Thanks deep. I shot them an email the other day but they never replied to me. I'll be giving them a call as well. Hopefully they have them in size Small still.

Just called in to place an order, but they've only got mediums left in the one-button blazer and large in the Mod pants. :(

unless you get the ones made in europe, the quality bad. The ones available in most of southeast asia are made in thailand. I emailed them once mid last year and they said so. got the raw indigo in 29, the stone wash grey also 29 and the raw vintage blue 29, the white with black stitch, and the red. i sold off most of them and only left with the 2 raws, sold them coz the quality is one of the worst i've come across(probably explain why they can go at such low prices). my fault anyways, im an impulsive buyer. wouldnt ever consider another pair. the material, the smell when they first arrived.... really bad QC. they should do something about it imo. 90% of ppl i know personally who have a pair, has nothing good to say about it. design-wise, its typical of swedish slim tight fits, but the material used is beyond me.

There's a reason why they're called cheap monday...

on a pair of original one wash's the denim was nice and stiff but they fucked up the rivets and put them through the pocket. i fixed it right up but lost most of the pocket

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my cm tight unwash for a good few months now and not yet washed them. They've taken a while to stretch out to a fit that I like, and have just about got there now.

I realise it's pretty much inevitable that they'll shrink on their first wash, so should I cold wash 'em instead, to lessen the shrinkage?

i read in a reliable source that H&M won't be selling Cheap Monday products in their own stores despite the buyout

I figured as much, it would be a bit of an odd decision if they did. The way I see it, if Cheap monday, which is currently quite a trendy denim brand, were being sold in H&M outlets all over the place it would ruin the appeal to much of its target audience, which is obviously not good financially. Let us hope instead that H&M uses this buyout to improve their own denim offerings, and leaves Cheap Monday as it is.

I figured as much, it would be a bit of an odd decision if they did. The way I see it, if Cheap monday, which is currently quite a trendy denim brand, were being sold in H&M outlets all over the place it would ruin the appeal to much of its target audience, which is obviously not good financially. Let us hope instead that H&M uses this buyout to improve their own denim offerings, and leaves Cheap Monday as it is.

agreed. H&M denim leaves much to be desired

• 3 weeks later...