Those Infamous Fake Big E Levi's on Ebay...Question

WhoGotMeIntoThis

this is a good idea as everyone keeps asking me about getting a pair, but i am no longer in thailand and if i had known how popular these were to become, i would have just done some business out there and got them to you guys. I don't know what would be a cheaper option though, bringing them back to the states to ship or to ship from thailand (don't know anything about their postage service/reliability). But if you do decide to bring them to another country, be warned as I took 1 raw and 2 used jeans into Japan and the customs guy was giving me a hard time about them asking me if i was going to japan to sell jeans, i told him i was going to japan to buy jeans......ha! if anyone needs any help getting around thailand to get these drop me a line, and if your bargining is good enough.....you should have no problem getting these for (raw ones, the same ones i got) for ~250 baht each, if not lower because of the quantity involved.

If we're talking $10-20 plus shipping, I'd be interested in a pair of fakes too.

I LOVE THAI FAKE

The new ones cost 300 bath, that the price thai seller sell it to thai dude who have to wear it during several month.

so You could expect twice more at least for a vintage model 700 bath for small size and 1000for big size. that is about 25 usd

And I dont think 50 usd is very expensive ...

People sells genuine japanese stuff with 15 or 25 usd commision and everyone seems to agree that is quiete reasonable; so why the seller of thai fake will sell a pair for the same price he bought it?

OK the seller is lying; but, and tell me if I'm wrong, most part of people know what they are buying... and they probably looked at the thai fakes pics an hundred times on the forum...

And if you go to prince edward station in hongkong; they are selling those fakes for 90 usd and more; in korea japan and taiwan also the same price for the better one...

so....

I have two pair of very small size if someone like thai stuff...

I LOVE THAI FAKE

OK the seller is lying; but, and tell me if I'm wrong, most part of people know what they are buying... and they probably looked at the thai fakes pics an hundred times on the forum...

I don't think most people know what is and isn't fake. I don't think too many denimheads go to chatachauk market to pick up jeans in general, so if someone were to just head in there and see a Levi's Big E they might think it was authentic. I'm fairly decent at bargining nowadays as i've been through Asia twice before, and I was mistaken for thai the entire time i was there. My advice, don't give up, if you don't think the price is fair, go elsewhere, someone else is holding the EXACT same thing you want in the market

• 4 weeks later...

Aren't you guys encouraging fakes? The whole idea of craftmanship is to provide a high quality product. By you guys willing to buy fakes basically empowers the people who make fake items in order to rip off unsuspecting buyers. If you can't afford the real deal, the least you can do is not openly encourage fakes. Just do it on the DL. My 2 Cents.

PS: These folks work their asses off to make high quality items, don't undermine their efforts. Not Cool.

Guest jeffvyain

I would consider these jeans fakes to the general consumer; however, we know what they are. I think most people are interested in these because of the price and the possible fade, not because they think they can pass them off as the real thing

ive always felt these would be better with thier own brand, but even fake levis doesnt bother me much. for the price, these are better than the real thing. for 40$ would you rather wear cheap levis 501 or the selvage thai fakes? a cheap looking fade or the real thing by some guy who wore them for 6 months?

if these were inferior products, then there would be a problem, but it is like the japanese repro companies... unless levis steps up thier game then we will go elsewhere

yeah, what ^^^^ that guy said.

Edit: BTW i like how they stitched the selvedge to the leg so that the train tracks show up better. I get sick of having to iron my selvedge after washing them.

ive always felt these would be better with thier own brand, but even fake levis doesnt bother me much. for the price, these are better than the real thing. for 40$ would you rather wear cheap levis 501 or the selvage thai fakes? a cheap looking fade or the real thing by some guy who wore them for 6 months?

if these were inferior products, then there would be a problem, but it is like the japanese repro companies... unless levis steps up thier game then we will go elsewhere

the real branded "justin jeans" were being sold iirc for 1200BHT while the same exact Levis that were the SAME fucking jeans were ~450BHT. So it's cool that they're trying to do something with it, but to almost triple the price as their own brand is pretty insane to me.

• 10 months later...

Hi -

Does anyone know if its possible to 'pre-order' some thai fakes from Thailand?

I want some of the vintage effect ones in a true size 36 x 36.

(Before anyone says I should buy vintage, I can never find my size.)

Also, office job does not allow me to break in jeans anymore so would like some pre- authentically faded ones worn by a rice farmer or coconut picker or something.

let me know if you've got any contacts!

Hi -

Does anyone know if its possible to 'pre-order' some thai fakes from Thailand?

I want some of the vintage effect ones in a true size 36 x 36.

(Before anyone says I should buy vintage, I can never find my size.)

Also, office job does not allow me to break in jeans anymore so would like some pre- authentically faded ones worn by a rice farmer or coconut picker or something.

let me know if you've got any contacts!

I just picked up four pairs of raw fakes from Jatujak market (2 with coin and back loop selvage and brown leather patch, one with only leg selvage and a cardboard patch, and one with black patch and coin and belt loop selvage).

I went to 4 different stalls, two of which were suppliers and I never saw a 36 inseam. The highest inseam I saw was a 32 or 34, both of which fit like a 31-32. For a longer insean there was the 40-32 with an inseam more like a 34 but a waist more like a 44.

At any rate, despite my fakes being a bit short but not bad, these are the best jeans I've ever bought. And I have Nudies and APC's.

All the stalls gave me business cards and I wish I had kept them but I didn't since I'll probably be going back soon.