Those Infamous Fake Big E Levi's on Ebay...Question

WhoGotMeIntoThis

Okay, So, I know we've all seen the fake 501's and such on eBay. The Big E's that have been worn buy Singaporian workers to give them wear compariable to that of Serge's.

But has anybody actually purchased these? Being selvage...or appearing to be, you'd think these would hold up pretty damn well...not to mention look good. If they held out through the test of farming and such...I'm sure they'd manage to stay together on a college kid like myself.

I just wondered if anybody had purchased a pair. I'm seriously considering it...just for the hell of it. Wearing a pair of fakes doesn't bother me a bit and at 50 bucks it's not like dumping your life savings. Just wondering about quality...anybody has any information or oppinions feel free.

Cheers.

Ya know what Tweedlesinpink...I retract my last comment.

Please note the location of this, clearly fake, pair of Levi's Big E's

I knew I wasn't mistaken.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-LEVIS-501-BIG-E-DENIM-JEANS_W0QQitemZ320020613491QQihZ011QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$50 is a lot to spend for fake levis. i got 1 pair of beat to shit levis and evisu for like $10 each or something silly like that, and a pair of raw ones for like half that in thailand. all selvedge, i'll try and find that link.

raw

DSC03255.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

i actually got these fakes hemmed at 45RPM in NYC and the lady was like ohh...very nice denim.....if that means anything to you. they BLEED like crazy, worn these once in thailand and once in the states...

Guest Phrost

Those Levis look pretty authentic except for the coin pocket and stitching, very textured denim also. Very nice. How do they fit compared to authentic 501s?

i saw lots of these at the weekend markets in bangkok...i got a pair of justin in new york cut offs broken in...the wears are authentic but once you look closely they look like there have been some sanding in of details....i also got some calve raws...

both are pretty much 501 copies but rebranded...i like the idea of them being repros...moving on from the straight fakes...i have had a few pairs of the thai evis...one real selvedge one fuzzy...

some of the 501s were nice...and were priced depending on where the stall was in the market...they were higher near the front enterance of the market...also i must have looked green because mostly i was told they were from japan...you could tell when they were becasue the price was alot more...

another thing is you walk into these stalls of unwashed denim and you will know these guys weren't thinking about febreeze...

seriously $50 i hope that isn't US dollars...i think they saw you coming..

the thai raws went from 450 bhatt to 2000 bhatt depending on how gullable they thought i was...this is for the same jean...if you go in the morning and go right to the back of the market you will find the 450 bhatt versions, a friend [old hand at the markets] told me that later in the day someone almost invariably goes and buys the cheaper ones to sell at the other stalls...

the used started at around 600 bhatt and went up to 6000 bhatt for what appeared to be a genuine vintage 557 jacket that i didn't know enough to take the risk on..

some of the fades were incredible... hard to find one that fits though...there was a pair with bike chaining up the back that i wanted for 800 bhatt but too small..

there were also stalls that had vintage cowboy shirts/t shirts and jeans that were so faded the would have to be vintage [but not so nice]...i could have searched more but was looking for cheap buys and saving money for hong kong..

it seems jatujak market now has it's own webstore but strangely enough no LEVI'S fakes....

the thai raws went from 450 bhatt to 2000 bhatt depending on how gullable they thought i was...this is for the same jean...if you go in the morning and go right to the back of the market you will find the 450 bhatt versions, a friend [old hand at the markets] told me that later in the day someone almost invariably goes and buys the cheaper ones to sell at the other stalls...

the used started at around 600 bhatt and went up to 6000 bhatt for what appeared to be a genuine vintage 557 jacket that i didn't know enough to take the risk on..

some of the fades were incredible... hard to find one that fits though...there was a pair with bike chaining up the back that i wanted for 800 bhatt but too small..

there were also stalls that had vintage cowboy shirts/t shirts and jeans that were so faded the would have to be vintage [but not so nice]...i could have searched more but was looking for cheap buys and saving money for hong kong..

it seems jatujak market now has it's own webstore but strangely enough no LEVI'S fakes....

sounds all good - 450B is only like £6, think I can take a risk or two

damn I'm looking fwd to it

My problem isn't the fact they're fakes but the way he mis-represents them in his discription.

I'll agree with you there...saying that they're "authentic" and all. I feel badly for the folks that fall for the scam. But regardless, they're going for roughly 50-60 bucks...selvage denim in the United States usually sells for a considerably higher price. The wear marks are incredible.

I guess the only thing that worries me is the quality. But like I said, if they can withstand the wear and tear responsible for their distressing...they can probably withstand walking to class from day to day.

And Hap...I'd love to spend $10 on a pair of jeans...especially selvage. But unfortunately I don't have the $1000 to get to Thailand. And quite frankly, $1010 seems a bit steep for a pair of fake Levi's. I mean $1010? They must have seen you coming.

poly800rock

having seen lots of thai fake that have been thrashed...i still have my concerns about the hardware..i.e rivets and buttons popping and snapping

so while paying the thai prices is good...i wonder whether paying the e bay prices is worth it...

poly800rock

having seen lots of thai fake that have been thrashed...i still have my concerns about the hardware..i.e rivets and buttons popping and snapping

so while paying the thai prices is good...i wonder whether paying the e bay prices is worth it...

my reasoning is that if these guys have been wearing the shit out of them for soooo long already....and they've held up to that abuse, why would you think they would all of a sudden pop off when you buy them? thats my logic at least, again $50 is too much. i'd pay 10 or 20 MAX for a pair of trashed. one guy was trying to tell me it was authentic big E, i promptly told him i knew they were bullshit and he backed off after that