okay, so I finally want to buy dior homme skinny...

LetsGetSerious

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I thought it might have been Chucks but I didn't see the blue and red stripes. Anyways, do you also know the type of sneakers and Dior jeans the guy on the bottom left is wearing? The one with the dark blue sweater and sunglasses? I really like the fit of his jeans. I've never considered Dior jeans because I always thought they were too skinny for me but the way that guy is rockin his makes me second guess...Is this a different style Dior jeans that aren't "skinny"? I tend to like to wear my jeans only moderately slim.

so here are some pics, these jeans are so baggy, they make my large shoes look tiny, I mean I can normally tuck my jeans into my kicks...excess the shitty pictures, I think the camera was from like 1988 or something ;)

(ignore the camera cord in this one...)

dior3jj2.jpg

dior1ck8.jpg

yes Im somewhat shorter than the dude who these jeans were made for, and maybe a little less slim, but Im dissapointed still.

These are a sz32 and I probably should have bought a sz30 in order to get a slim thight and had them stretch a little in the waist if necessary.

Okay, so my 19inch Raw Diors arrived yesterday (they are from Browns, London), so I thought I'd give you all my opinions. I am 5'10" 70kg with a slim/medium build (I have trained Muay Thai for 12 years so although I am quite slim I have a kind of 'stocky' build if that makes sense). These are the first slim jeans I have owned since the stonewash craze in the 80's!

First impressions: Out of the box, they look great, I was really worried about the rise as the pics on louisaviaroma make them look like they sit really high, which I hate. But they are perfect, quite low rise in fact. The back pockets look tiny though. Indigo is very dark and the stitching is very orange! Disappointed that the buttons on the fly are plain, I'd have thought that they would be branded?

Denim: Well I have a query here. I'm positive these must be one-wash. The denim is super soft and silky, not stiff or starchy at all, and the reverse of the denim is a LOT darker than the reverse of any of my other raw jeans (I have Evisu, Lee and Duffer St George raw jeans). So I think they may be one-wash, however they are VERY dark indigo, darker than my other previously mentioned raws. The weight of the denim also feels lighter than my others, not sure of the weight, or it could just be the lack of stiffness that makes them feel so much lighter, they seem well constructed though.

Fit: They fit really good in my opinion. Waist is perfect, I'm a 30 waist and I got a pair of 29inch Diors and they sit bang on, however I think once they stretch I might wish I had gone for 28inch and suffered blue balls for a week. They are REALLY tight on the thigh though. When I pulled them on they refused to go over my thighs and it looked like my arse had fainted for the first couple of hours of wear. They've loosened off a bit now and I can get them all the way up, I'm hoping they loosen off a wee bit more too, just to make them look slightly less 'painted on'. Length, they are REALLY long as expected, but I don't think I'll get them hemmed as they are bunching up quite nicely, if I do decide to get them chopped it'll only be about an inch so there's probably no point.

So overall I'm really happy. Some of my fears over rise and length turned out to be okay and although they are a bit too tight around the thigh area I'm sure that this'll loosen off. My only concern is over the wash/non wash of the denim, but it's not worth complaining about as they look almost exactly as I had hoped.

I'll try to put some pics up laters.

I wish I had access to a scanner, because there's been a few good roundups of DH jeans in Mens Non-no, in particular the December 2005 issue on p66 that I'm looking at now, which is a collage of guys from London, Paris, and Milan all wearing various DH jeans. All nine-ten guys are pretty different in terms of build/personal style, which is what I need to show here to illustrate my point that Diors look nice on a wide variety of types.

Here, my shit snapshots aren't the best representation of the magazine, but this is what I'm trying to get at through all of this.

IMGP0234.jpg

IMGP0233.jpg

That kid in the black Chucks and over sized black sweater looks like he just walked off the S/S 07 runway show...

wow... those are baggy. i think you should return them and get a size or two down. theres no point in buying diors and wearing them like that, as you can get much nicer denim for less and have them fit properly with a baggier cut.

returned today, maybe ill get something a little more flattering for someone a bit smaller...PBJs or APCs...

Guest Fade to Black
here's how my orange overdye 21cms fit

orange5d4.jpg

these are a size 32, and they're very slouchy. However, I LOVE the slouch. I could fit a size 31 pretty easily, and my next pair will be a size 31, but I really enjoy the "tailored anti-fit" look of these.

those fit nice...slightly anti fit without being overly baggy, and still maintaining the tailored feel of DH's jeans. That's how i like wearing mine...both my orange overdyes are in a 31 in the 21 cm and they don't fit much slimmer than those.

my 19 cm s/s 03 black painted blue jeans are in a 48 though, and fit close to that.

^^That's what he told me. I asked him if they started raw and he responded that he got them from the paris show, didn't give any more details than that. They were really thrashed in the front w/some nicley done repairs (you can kinda see the one above the back of his knee); wish I grabbed a pic of the lap but I took the photos before talking to him.