okay, so I finally want to buy dior homme skinny...

LetsGetSerious

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to hijack ur thread letsgetserious but Im also curious how the sizes run too. I have a 30 in my bag right now ready to check out. I wear 29 in NS, 31 in RRDS. They fit about right at the waist after stretched, could be half an inch to big. The thigh is pretty loose tho.

those links have been sitting in the superdenim sticky at the top of the thread, in the Brands section. no i wouldn't say you fucked up, but just see if the topic you're about to post has been mentioned in that encyclopedia because those are generally the better threads in the forum to date.

to answer your second question, luisviaroma is an established dior online merchant.

buy your actual size, they run true..

they also stretch around 1.25" to 2" after about ten to fifteen wears..

i wear a 29 and at first they were really tight around the waist. now i'm almost at a point where i have to wear a belt with one of my pairs.

I would say get true to size if you want to wear them fitted on the waist rather than slouchy.

There is quite a difference between the 19 and 21 hem. Althought the lower down the waist size you get the less the difference.

As you are 5' 8" you will have to get them taken up considerably. I personally would go for the 21 as I think you have to be at leat 5'10" to get away with slim, tapered jeans.

Just my opinion.

^Opposite opinion of above, 21cm's are almost stovepipe if you're in the 5'8"-5'10" range like me. 19cm's (with an actual 16.5cm leg hem) are skinny, but not skin tight skinny on me... The Dior taper on the 19cm is nice and gradual from the crotch though, so I think it really suits any height.

Also, I wish I'd sized down 2" or maybe even 3" from my actual waist size, as Diors fall to the hips and swing better there. They stretch pretty well and have a rubbery/elastic feel to the denim that gives nice round inner thigh whiskers, so you want to make sure you give them the inch or two to stretch in the waist band and the knee area...

online, I'd buy from luisaviaroma.com if I had the option....

i think it works alright if you are ain't that tall and you got those 21cm hems. it would pretty well for me even though i'm only 170cm except that the fact that i've gonna fold the back hem of the jeans a little so that i'm not always stepping on it. it isnt that noticable that the hem is folded unless you take a real close look. anyway if doesn bunch up for me in my case.

tweedles,

do you think that there is enough of a difference in the 19 cm vs the 21cm to make either look definitively better fitting for someone of my shorter stature (about 5' 7.5'' or 8'' and about 165 or 170lbs)????

Personally if that is your build I would not buy Diors. They are usually for skinny fuckers that are usually tall...if you are really skinny height doesn't matter too much. Shit...I am your height and weigh like 50 lbs less than you. If I would you I would get some Japanese repros.

Guest Fade to Black

I personally would go for the 21 as I think you have to be at leat 5'10" to get away with slim, tapered jeans.

Just my opinion.

Personally I believe in the reverse...if you're over 6', i'd say go for the 21 cms...i'm 6'4 and the really slim 19 cms look kind of ridiculous on me, probably due to my body proportion and long legs it looks like i'm wearing really long sausage cases. I think the best height to pull off the razor slim, tapered look is probably 5'10 - 6'1 maybe, and if you're shorter still then definitely get the 19 cms because the 21 cms will look baggy as the excess fabric widens on short legs (i saw my friend wear a pair of jeans that looked slim on me but they were quite loose and baggy on him, and he's in the 5'8 range). If you're over 6'2, the 21 cms look slim anyways because of body proportions, as is the case with my jeans...

i also think the 21 cms bunch up fine, unless you're really short and thin and they end up pooling over your ankles.

Personally if that is your build I would not buy Diors. They are usually for skinny fuckers that are usually tall...if you are really skinny height doesn't matter too much. Shit...I am your height and weigh like 50 lbs less than you. If I would you I would get some Japanese repros.

I guess if they look bad I can just send them back. Maybe some Pure Blues instead?

I wear a 32 in most washed jeans and other pants, and 30 in APC. 31 on Dior is good for me after a little stretching.

and what goes for the models, the Japanese made ones are slimmer than the Italians, atleast in 21cm. the actual hem in the Japs is 20cm and in the Italians its 21.5cm.

I dont agree, the 21's are loose enough to be worn on other body types too, you dont have to be 6" and 110lbs.

Wow so many different opinions! I think at 5'8" you HAVE to get Dior's hemmed - you can't be that height and wear the 19 or 21 and not have them hemmed - it will look ludicrous. A bit of bunching at the bottom is ok but not THAT much! It'll just look like your jeans are too long for you and what's the point in splashing that much cash on a apir of jeans that don't even look like they fit. And the bunched up at the bottom look is kind of fading fast here in London anyway - not that that many people indulged in it anyway as it just looks messy.

I would say that at 5'8" you don't want a skinny jean - your legs aren't long enough. Sorry. You have to be very slim hipped and slim legged to wear them that's just the way it is. It's more about the whole body shape than just height but I am trying to imagine relatively short legs in skinny jeans and I can't. Imagine it on a girl. Tall girls in skinny jeans look much better IMHO. And shorter girls look great in a fitted jean - which is what the 21 is. Whilst I'm not saying we want to look like girls it's easier to imagine for me!

I am 5'11" and apart from my raws I get all my Diors hemmed - otherwise it just looks silly.

I really really think you've done the right thing getting the 21. They'll be slim and fitted and just right for your height. But do get them hemmed if you like them whether you go for the 19 or the 21.

And as for stretching - I haven't found my Dior denim rubbery at all... They'll stretch a bit but not much - so go true to size or one size down. As all know I don't like the slouchy look on Dior's - don't see the point in getting them if you're going to wear them slouchy. I'd just go for a RR Nudie or other jean that you can get away with wearing round your bum crack not the Dior which I think should be and looks so much better when worn as though it fits - but not nut-huggingly tight! Just my two bits!

T

There have been a lot of exaggerations made in this thread regarding the fit and the ideal body type for Diors.

Fit-wise, get a size larger or two than your APC raw size and you should be ok.

Does anyone bitch about proper body types for New Standards? Not really, and the fact is, the top half of the Diors fit roughly like a pair of NS's with a bit more roundness in the ass attributable to rounder yokes and the back pocket darts, then the bottom half is tapered down to either the ~19 or ~21cm hems with tons of inseam from the knee on. It's pretty simple.

It's true you can't really be overweight and paunch to wear these things in a flattering way, no more than any other jean, but I agree with the few that say that you don't have to be of an exact cookie cutter body shape to wear them either. There have been numerous pictures on the forum of people of pretty various body styles and personal styles with them on. Comparing your actual fit to the DH runway shows or some sort of 'Dior Homme look' is pretty useless and unimaginative. I think the Dior denim are the pieces most open to reinterpretation from the line anyway.

Seenmy and sXXXe have been posting their Dior 19cms in the WAYWT thread and they have been wearing them in a pretty baggy (relative) that looks nice, while Chris obviously got as precisely as skinny as he could get with his, and I remember another guy with fairly thick legs who seemed to be about 5'8-10 wearing some on here as well and they looked good as well.

While the hemming thing is personal preference, I think part of the complete look of Diors is enjoying the extra inseam, it's luxuriant. I think it looks particularly good on the treated 19cm hem jeans, like the luster denim, the white and black jeans, etc. If the whole stacked/skinny jeans look blows over as a trend after this 4 year run, who cares? They're just jeans. There will be more jeans out there to move onto.

just for the record I wasn't talking about hemming when I said they fit other body types too, I agree that they should be hemmed if you shorter. I'm 6" and I need to hem mine. I think they can look allright if theyre a bit longer but mine bunch up too much especially since I wear them pretty low.

and theres no correct way to wear them, I definately sag mine a bit as I do with all jeans.

I'll post in the fit thread asap..

Wow so many different opinions! I think at 5'8" you HAVE to get Dior's hemmed - you can't be that height and wear the 19 or 21 and not have them hemmed - it will look ludicrous. A bit of bunching at the bottom is ok but not THAT much! It'll just look like your jeans are too long for you and what's the point in splashing that much cash on a apir of jeans that don't even look like they fit. And the bunched up at the bottom look is kind of fading fast here in London anyway - not that that many people indulged in it anyway as it just looks messy.

I would say that at 5'8" you don't want a skinny jean - your legs aren't long enough. Sorry. You have to be very slim hipped and slim legged to wear them that's just the way it is. It's more about the whole body shape than just height but I am trying to imagine relatively short legs in skinny jeans and I can't. Imagine it on a girl. Tall girls in skinny jeans look much better IMHO. And shorter girls look great in a fitted jean - which is what the 21 is. Whilst I'm not saying we want to look like girls it's easier to imagine for me!

I am 5'11" and apart from my raws I get all my Diors hemmed - otherwise it just looks silly.

I really really think you've done the right thing getting the 21. They'll be slim and fitted and just right for your height. But do get them hemmed if you like them whether you go for the 19 or the 21.

And as for stretching - I haven't found my Dior denim rubbery at all... They'll stretch a bit but not much - so go true to size or one size down. As all know I don't like the slouchy look on Dior's - don't see the point in getting them if you're going to wear them slouchy. I'd just go for a RR Nudie or other jean that you can get away with wearing round your bum crack not the Dior which I think should be and looks so much better when worn as though it fits - but not nut-huggingly tight! Just my two bits!

T

fuck that body type noise. of course we would all look better if we were 6 foot and had runway bodies, but few on here do (fuck you chris :] ) if you listened to this type of advice you would go crazy.

i would say at 5'8" (assuming you are not built like a fridge) you are definately tall enough to pull off a skinny jean.

and as far as the 21 vs 19 argument. i think that the wider the leg the shorter it will make you look. if you are a shorter person i say go for the 19cm. on a tall person the 21cm will look proportionately smaller because the leg is longer. on a shorter person there is less leg so the smaller hem will give you a slimmer look in proportion to your body. dont listen to all these tall assholes who think they are they only ones who can pull off the skinny look. search the WAYWT thread. plenty of guys who are not super skinny and tall rock the 19cm diors and they look great.

and as far as hemming goes, i agree with what dismal and others have said. no need to get them hemmed right away. the long bunched up look is part of the attraction of diors. and the bunching helps to balance out shorter legs.

besides you can always go shorter later on if you want. once you hem them its pretty hard to go longer though.

wear what you dig man. wear what you dig.

^Opposite opinion of above, 21cm's are almost stovepipe if you're in the 5'8"-5'10" range like me. 19cm's (with an actual 16.5cm leg hem) are skinny, but not skin tight skinny on me... The Dior taper on the 19cm is nice and gradual from the crotch though, so I think it really suits any height.

Also, I wish I'd sized down 2" or maybe even 3" from my actual waist size, as Diors fall to the hips and swing better there. They stretch pretty well and have a rubbery/elastic feel to the denim that gives nice round inner thigh whiskers, so you want to make sure you give them the inch or two to stretch in the waist band and the knee area...

online, I'd buy from luisaviaroma.com if I had the option....

i agree with all of this.