bill

Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

I guess Hedi was too busy taking photographs and attending award ceremonies to bother showing up to work on SS15 women's. Looks like the team just grabbed random pieces from the last 2 SS seasons and threw them together in a mish mash of Gatsby-esque experiments. 

I dunno, I liked it. Easily the least literal of his collections, focusing on YSL's debauched 70s party years instead of just riffing on a musical trend. Also, it should be noted that Hedi used electro pop instead of his standard garage rock. 

i only watched it for the beginning and end.

beginning is cool because of the crazy structural engineering as in the other shows

ending is cool because the lights are off so all you see are silhouettes and shimmers (which also masks some of the weird funky colors that i really don't wanna see)

I tried one of those and it was very slim with very high arm holes. Sizing was similar to the chesterfield with velvet collar from the same season. I generally take 48 in outerwear, but found that I was between sizes in both, with a 50 being too big in the waist and upper back, but a 48 being a little small in the arm holes and shoulders to be comfortable, making it a bit of a push to button it with anything other than a t-shirt. They are considerably smaller than the overcoats from AW14 (half a size, maybe more).

Anyone else finding this season's dress shirts to be more fitted than seasons past?

And if by chance anyone's looking for a pair of D02's MIJ raw indigo in size 26, hit me up.

I bought the yves collar shirt this season and returned it because the shoulder seams were too narrow for me in my size. Definitely much narrower than any of my pleated shirts which are perfect on me (I have the cotton poplin and silk crepe versions which I believe are AW13). 

Sizing seems to be being tweaked from season to season, for example most things had very short sleeve length for me during SS13 (I like short sleeves on jackets, but on shirts and knitwear it just doesn't look right). I have the western shirt below from SS13, and while I love the design, the sleeves are annoyingly short, and I wouldn't say I have particularly long arms. 

saint-laurent-paris-mens-ss13-lookbook-1

Has anyone tried on the Houndstooth coat?

How is the fitting?

I'm a 44 thinking about getting it in 46.

barneys put up a bunch of ss15 stuff online this morning... probably by accident. got a chance to look at their buy... so. much. bootcut. :\

barneys put up a bunch of ss15 stuff online this morning... probably by accident. got a chance to look at their buy... so. much. bootcut. :\

13 inch leg opening? damn

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=503758993&cgid=men&index=5

thrift store 80s calvin klein mom jeans... the back pocket sticking and all... right down to the fit

son, just cause I'm broke doesn't mean I'm blind... that shit looks bad... and i own hedi era dior jeans, so I'm grandfathered into this thread. bitch.

I am planning to cop a SLP leather jacket.but I can't make a decision about which one to get...the Moto jacket(calf skin) or the flight bomber jacket with the brown shearling collar.Please help.

The flight bomber doesn't feel very nice in person. Go for the Moto Jacket. 

striped lame (lamé) blazer is right- who buys this shit, the second coming of liberace?

1012664000_4_large.jpg

Edited by Fycus

I'd wear it once or twice if I had it, not with black though...

striped lame (lamé) blazer is right- who buys this shit, the second coming of liberace?

1012664000_4_large.jpg

It looks like something a salesman at a firearms convention would wear.

002_fe569c32-1a68-4029-8251-f80799a9ff6c

spuntino-gondoliere.JPG

I know the hat is different (amongst other things), but I´m still getting that cosplay vibe from a lot of SLP´s outfits.

Like the blazer a few posts above mine would make a great "uncle Sam on heroin" look.