Japanese selvage stores in Taipei?

jet190rs

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i google translated the latest updates on take5's fb page and this is what it get:

"TAKE5 Taipei is about to re-store service for you! !

TAKE5 Taipei store more than a year to promote ア カ ジ メ

ジ メ カ hoping to ア culture deeply rooted in the Taiwan market

So that more Taiwanese friends know ア ジ メ カ culture and production of engraved the spirit of the concept of

ジ メ カ further understand the local culture, fascinating

Unfortunately, Taiwan's clothing in the promotion of culture the way we encountered many difficulties

Do not go even to the point of operation

Therefore, after originally being scheduled for May 1 to exit the Taiwan market

Looking forward to a better market environment in Taiwan when back to ア ジ メ カ hard!

However, one announcement, more than a week since the

Every day of the regular customers from all over?? and close friends are on the left Take5?? am very sorry

Everyone wants us to look more to

Even a lot of people willing to contribute effort

Together to help promote ア カ ジ メ

After many struggles and consideration, BENNY Good bye party at the last minute before the start of the Taipei store resolutely decided to leave TAKE5

Taiwan's ア ジ メ カ culture continues to work hard! !

Therefore, we will suspend business for about a week

Re-adjusted again after the TAKE5 services for you

Details will be announced after another

Please note that anonymous information with the relevant FACEBOOK

Thank you"

i think that might mean they may be reopening again! :)

kurt's email: [email protected]

click for source

the take5 guys did mention to me that the raw denim market in taipei is very very small. i do see many people in jeans, but the only ones in raws are a couple of tourists... and the staff and cutomers of take5

oh, and i didn't go to summit. but i found the maps: CLICK HERE

it's near Faith

Big thanks for reviving this thread though...

But yeah, it's curious, Japanese denim never really took off in Taiwan.

Saw on Kurt's blog that he'll hopefully be introducing some Goodyear welted English (?) shoes - very excited to see how it goes.

Can't wait to visit again!

kurt = zk4025 owner of Faith

@mikecch: strange it is, the jeans culture is pretty huge (from what i can see) and japanese brands are certainly popular. there're more Edwin outlets than Levis, and i see many young people in NBHD, Evisu, etc. @ XMD as well. just not raw denim, perhaps coz the celebrities are not wearing 'em... just my guess?

and there are many leather-craft shops and street stalls in the night-markets, good to see those.

yes, can't wait to visit again!!

^ Yeah, there's been heaps of Edwin (they have a factory in Taiwan) and Evisu jeans since I was young - but not much of the more 'artisan' brands though.

In fact, unlike most here who grew up with Levi's, I grew up with Edwin!

They used to make SEN jeans which were fairly plain, '47/'66 style 5pc jeans - none of the exposed selvedge back-pocket/cinch madness.

Love those little leather shops too!

Had some korny matching bracelets made a couple years back at a night-market stall :P

But the food stalls always distract me from the handicrafts...

^^ thanks to both of you :). more touristy questions: are the danshui old town and fisherman wharf anywhere near faith & take5?

nope, quite far... look at the train map below

mrt_with_tones_screen.jpg

danshui is at the top end of the green line, zhongxiao dunhua is at the right on the indigo line. but no worries the train is quite fast :D

planning to take ur beloved to the lovers' bridge at danshui/fisherman's wharf?

166690_146504895402694_100001295523359_236398_7775997_n.jpg

@mikecch: DO NOT REMIND ME ABOUT THE FOOD!!!! omg..... lol...

kurt's email: [email protected]

click for source

the take5 guys did mention to me that the raw denim market in taipei is very very small. i do see many people in jeans, but the only ones in raws are a couple of tourists... and the staff and cutomers of take5

oh, and i didn't go to summit. but i found the maps: CLICK HERE

it's near Faith

Too bad about Take5. I was there in December and picked up a few things, also met Kurt at Faith. They are a group of true enthusiasts. I hope this means that Faith will expand because Kurt seems to have outgrown his space.

There was also a store across the street geared more toward the American motorcycle/car scene and even a country mart.

I think the humidity in Taiwan also adds to turning folks toward distressed denim that tends to be lighter.

@mikecch: DO NOT REMIND ME ABOUT THE FOOD!!!! omg..... lol...

Fishballs at danshui? Yum! :P

Too bad about Take5. I was there in December and picked up a few things, also met Kurt at Faith. They are a group of true enthusiasts. I hope this means that Faith will expand because Kurt seems to have outgrown his space.

Too true - I barely fit in faith!

Kurt also needs somewhere to display all his vintage treasures :D

Fishballs at danshui? Yum! :P

that, and 鐵蛋 and 阿給... gawd i went there so early just to eat 阿給, someone just shoot me pls

faith is pretty cramped, full of awesome stuff.... kurt wasn't there when i went, but there's a pretty girl at the counter :D

There was also a store across the street geared more toward the American motorcycle/car scene and even a country mart.

I think the humidity in Taiwan also adds to turning folks toward distressed denim that tends to be lighter.

yes, i saw the shop as well... didn't go in though

Taiwan isn't that humid, we have people here right on the equator wearing raw denim.

speaking of distressed denim there... it seem to be a fad to have it look like crumpled newspaper, i remember seeing that in the 80's.... funny much

It's interesting to see this thread in a English forum...I was in Taipei 3 months ago. Sure I visited Kurt's store and Take 5. There is also a store in that neighborhood called "Thurs", who carries HTC and some vintage 501 small e red lines, even more interesting.

^ Thanks for that!

Apart from the tag and the writing on the patch, I don't see much difference from the regular Fullcount....

I saw them in person a while back and you're right, they're pretty much identical to the regular FC's with the exception of the tag and patch.