superconfessional

Confessional/Advice:

I'm in community college right now. So I asked my counselor, with the current standings of my GPA and abundance of W's, What schools should I apply to. She advised me to stick to state colleges and work on my GPA till it reaches 3.4 (I'm a 3.2 right now) and told me not to waste my time with UCs. But I didn't take her advice and I applied to the UCs and got in. Should I make an appointment with my counselor and laugh at her?

Guest Airjamie
Confessional/Advice:

I'm in community college right now. So I asked my counselor, with the current standings of my GPA and abundance of W's, What schools should I apply to. She advised me to stick to state colleges and work on my GPA till it reaches 3.4 (I'm a 3.2 right now) and told me not to waste my time with UCs. But I didn't take her advice and I applied to the UCs and got in. Should I make an appointment with my counselor and laugh at her?

Yes. Never forget to tell counselors to fuck off when they are wrong. Which they almost always are.

Confessional/Advice:

You should walk in that office, jump on top of her desk, drop your pants and just begin to urinate whilst turning in a circle.

I mean... you got into a UC. You're allowed to do this kinda shit now! ^_^

Guest youngteam

last year i wrote a 20 page paper in two nights -- the first night was devoted to research, the second night was devoted to actually writing the paper, along with two entirely different papers -- two different two-page critiques of any of the six or seven books we'd read that semester. the next day i was actually fifteen minutes late to class because i was furiously stapling the handouts i was handing out to my classmates, and when it came time to deliver my presentation about my seminar paper i did it in a zombie-like fugue state.

let's face it, the panic and frenzy gives the tedious task of writing papers a much needed frisson. and yes, motherfuckers, i said frisson.

Guest Airjamie
last year i wrote a 20 page paper in two nights -- the first night was devoted to research, the second night was devoted to actually writing the paper, along with two entirely different papers -- two different two-page critiques of any of the six or seven books we'd read that semester. the next day i was actually fifteen minutes late to class because i was furiously stapling the handouts i was handing out to my classmates, and when it came time to deliver my presentation about my seminar paper i did it in a zombie-like fugue state.

let's face it, the panic and frenzy gives the tedious task of writing papers a much needed frisson. and yes, motherfuckers, i said frisson.

Duh.........

maybe its too late for this link: http://www.brothatsmint.com/2007/03/08/how-to-add-length-to-your-paper/#more-595

it shows you to lengthen a page w/o changing the font and playing with the margins. i wish i knew about this last week :(

Being able to write a paper coherently and in a timely manner means you're not an idiot.

If you have to listen to a website called "brothatsmint.com" to get your papers the right length: Congratulations! You're a dumbass.

Guest youngteam

this is sort of a tangent, but i've always wondered whether muddled writing/speaking is directly related to muddled thinking. you know what i'm saying?

i don't remember who the fuck it was and in what context, but someone here once said something like 'controvery is the idiot's highlight,' which is just fucking idiotic nonsense. but is the person himself a fucking idiot? i'm thinking yes.

this is sort of a tangent, but i've always wondered whether muddled writing/speaking is directly related to muddled thinking. you know what i'm saying?

i believe they are separate processes in the brain.

ie: certain language disorders where people can think clearly but their speech lacks functional words

Guest youngteam
i believe they are separate processes in the brain.

ie: certain language disorders where people can think clearly but their speech lacks functional words

i think what you're thinking of is foreigners.

i can't front

i love hall and oates-----------philly represent!

those two were roomates in the same small dorm i lived in when i was in college. fucking love hall and oates. i saw them play, too. shit rules.

you've seen the yacht rock episodes, yeah?

the hall and oates characters are boss:

k7pulYdLFRM

i just watched the ring in its entirety for the first time. i watched in the movie theater before, but i fell asleep. terrible. just terrible. it wasn't scary, i actually scared myself more from anticipation. then again, maybe watching scary movie parodies made the movie lose its effect. either way, what a waste of $10.

Guest jmatsu
i just watched the ring in its entirety for the first time. i watched in the movie theater before, but i fell asleep. terrible. just terrible. it wasn't scary, i actually scared myself more from anticipation. then again, maybe watching scary movie parodies made the movie lose its effect. either way, what a waste of $10.

are you talking about the korean, american, or japanese version?

i think that the japanese version is most effective while using a video player format.

I found the US version laughable, not scary in the slightest.

if you know how to do it, do it.

if you don't know how to do it, teach it.

if you don't know how to teach it, become a counselor.

:D

Those that can't do teach, those that can't teach teach gym.

Last night this hot nurse student I dated last summer a few times calls me outta the blue after 6 months no contact. She tells me that she started her new job for a hospital in Shirokane and is interesting in meeting up again. We've scheduled to meet up for dinner this Saturday. I haven't told me gf. I'm real glad I didn't treat her badly or disrespect her after she completely disappeared a couple months back. I guess the mantra really holds true: Guys, never burn bridges with women of interest! You never know when they'll come back!

Guest jmatsu
Last night this hot nurse student I dated last summer a few times calls me outta the blue after 6 months no contact. She tells me that she started her new job for a hospital in Shirokane and is interesting in meeting up again. We've scheduled to meet up for dinner this Saturday. I haven't told me gf. I'm real glad I didn't treat her badly or disrespect her after she completely disappeared a couple months back. I guess the mantra really holds true: Guys, never burn bridges with women of interest! You never know when they'll come back!

shirokane? or is it shirogane? it would be nice if she doesn't have time to change and that she comes staight from the hospital.

edit: my bad, i now know which shirokane hospital she may work at...