superconfessional

(...) $$$ (...)

I've wasted all my money eating out with friends, gf, jawns and other unnecessary bullshit. Money issues make me feel like shittttt.

-F2D

in such a spinning cycle, just don't forget of your debts here on superfuture;

especially for items that have already been received :)

I recently turned 20. I realized that I'm old and that I haven't done shit while I was young. I still don't know what I'm doing and why I'm still at that college studying stuff that I don't care about. I dislike the majority of the people in my program and the teachers. What the fuck am I going to do with a fashion marketing degree? prolly nothing and will end up studying something else, somewhere else, if I ever get paid for working. I feel fucking old and I'll prolly kill myself on my 22th bday.

omg you are not old. it should be just the beginning for you, you're still young enough to pretty much do anything you want. what i'd give to be 20 again.

definitely travel while you're a student, as others suggested. i delayed graduating on time just so i could travel and study abroad when i was an undergrad student. when i look back, i still think that was one of the best decisions i've ever made

people who talk shit and say 20 is old are fucking showing how lame and young they are.

Get over yourself concept. I know people in there 60's who dont have shit together. I know 22 year olds that slay me with how much they know.

You are proving you are a idiot concept.

.will17, take a year off from studies if it is worrying you so much. Go on a roadtrip. go backpack europe, asia, aus, etc. Do crazy shit you would never do before. Party. Try some drugs. Meet new people. Explore. Push your boundaries. But as freecat said, FIND YOUR THING.

just try not to find a substance abuse problem.

I recently turned 20. I realized that I'm old and that I haven't done shit while I was young. I still don't know what I'm doing and why I'm still at that college studying stuff that I don't care about. I dislike the majority of the people in my program and the teachers. What the fuck am I going to do with a fashion marketing degree? prolly nothing and will end up studying something else, somewhere else, if I ever get paid for working. I feel fucking old and I'll prolly kill myself on my 22th bday.

Honestly man...I wouldn't drop out and do the whole "travel, drugs, find yourself" thing. There's something to be said for finishing something. I dropped out for a year and fucked around, and at 24 I wish I'd just finished. If anything, start actively seeking out how you can transfer credits you've already earned. Can you take a general marketing degree at this point?

You won't do anything with your college degree, just like i'm not going to be doing anything with my poli-sci degree - or at least, I'm not going to be a "political scientist". Yeah, you'll probably end up in school again at some point...get good marks in college and apply to university as a mature student, and take a business degree to capitalize on your marketing degree. Then you've got a whole lot of options ahead of you.

Hate the people that surround you? Take a few courses outside your program, you might meet people you like who have interests other than fashion marketing. Take up a sport that requires you to meet people. You never know where you'll find friends.

Please don't kill yourself.

edit - I'm not saying don't travel...I just wouldn't put off real life forever so you can go backpacking in Europe for 8 months. Travel is awesome, but go somewhere for a few weeks when you get time off.

Lol...obviously your still young and dumb. Change your major? Go figure out what the fuck you wanna do and dont complain about it....ya it could be a bitch and it could make you work a lot harder....but its way more worth it.

I dropped out of Cal Poly SLO...I got in super easy and was a comp sci major. Then I realized it fucking sucked and I hate engineers and everything they stand for. (I WAS ONLY 18!!!111one) Did I go online and whine about it? No...I just went home, got a fulltime job, figured out what the fuck I wanted to do and started making moves to get that shit done.

You don't know what it means to feel old yet...you prolly dont have shit to worry about to say the least...

I dont mean to sound liek a dick, but come on, this is how life is, deal with it and make the most out of it.

I wish I had dropped out earlier. I now have one year left and this would be a big failure for me. I've tried switching for design but the guy decided to enter me for the second turn (while we were still in the first one) and there were no place left. I asked around what I could do - nothing. I don't want to waste my parents' money (by dropping out). They're kind enough to keep me at their home and pay the majority of my studies. Dropping out would be like spitting in their own face.

On the other side, I'm one of the few students who has found an internship.

The fact that my grand parents aren't ageing very well stresses me a lot and it affects my father (who's getting "old" too.). Ageing badly scares me.

You need to get high, dude. You're worrying too much. Trust me, I've been there. You live in the city with the hottest girls on the continent (Montreal), right? Get out and have some fun. Finish that degree if you can, then move on to whatever. You'll always have some problems; that's life. It's how you get by despite that makes it.

Everyone will eat shit at some point in their lives, but it sounds like you're almost inviting it to happen prematurely.

Also, if you plan on killing yourself eventually, what's stopping you from going on a balls-to-the-wall super-adventure right now?

I wish I had dropped out earlier. I now have one year left and this would be a big failure for me. I've tried switching for design but the guy decided to enter me for the second turn (while we were still in the first one) and there were no place left. I asked around what I could do - nothing. I don't want to waste my parents' money (by dropping out). They're kind enough to keep me at their home and pay the majority of my studies. Dropping out would be like spitting in their own face.

The fact that my grand parents aren't ageing very well stresses me a lot and it affects my father (who's getting "old" too.). Ageing badly scares me.

well...heres the problem...you feel 'obligated' to do this for your parents...it seems like they care for you. By continuing what you are doing you're wasting your parents money...and even more. Your own time and happiness and etc...

If you talk to them im sure theyll understand...unless you really have no idea what the hell you're doing at all.

A big failure? You don't even know what a big failure is....like I said...it could make your life a bitch and make you really work hard and think about shit but itll be for the best.

I mean shit, I go to a community college right now...and I used to talk shit and say I'd never let myself go to such a shitty place, but its actually not that bad as I can just go there, learn my shit, chill with the few cool ppl I met, not to mention most of our staff is overqualified and were able to get me connections I needed to galleries and known people....

Anyhow your situation will only get better if you want it to...right now it seems like your deadset that its gonna suck no matter what you do and that there is no good option....good luck with that !

If you're 2/3s done, and there is NOTHING you can do with your credits - yeah, you should stay and finish.

I said it before, but I've gotta say it again - no degree looks bad on your record. Yeah, if you want to do something other than fashion marketing, you'll probably end up getting another degree. But then, instead of being the guy who did everything right, you'll be the guy who actually has a personality and stands out on paper amongst a sea of people who just did what was expected.

edit - if your parents age poorly . . . i mean, what're you gonna do? old people are old. eat well, drink a glass of red wine every day, and don't stress so much LIKE YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW

damn Will

finish it up and chill for a bit

you're hittin that quarter life crisis and you haven't even finished school yet

listen dude, there's times that EVERYBODY hates their program and contemplates changing or not doing it anymore or questions why they entered it or say "if i went back, i woulda done this instead"

hindsight is 20/20

You said one key thing that stood out - you already found an internship.

Real life experience and application of your studies is far more interesting than keeping your nose in a textbook all day.

Plus there is a reason you went into fashion marketing....you might not like your specific program, or even your internship, but its good experience for you to lead you to the "right" path for you.

Take it in stride, Le Will.

yeah if only 1 year left, handle that, then move on.

dont worry so much... when i was a student, i had no idea where/what i'd be working 3 or 5 or 7 years after graduation. turns out, all 3 jobs i've had (in 7 years) were each totally different from the others. no need to feel hopeless, you will have job options with your degree, you just need to know where to look. you already have an internship, so show a good effort, get as much as you can out of it, and then keep those connections open. every job i've got was because of connections, not my degrees. with your degree you can also pursue various graduate studies. without a degree, you cant.

if you really want to do some soul searching before graduating, then consider studying abroad. i applied to study abroad 1 quarter before i was supposed to graduate. best decision ever.

man, ages 17-23 were the best times of my life. you should be making the most of it, or at least, keeping your head up. a lot of people go through this, hang in there.

ps. haha i think its ironic the last time Will17 repped me was for this post:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2094437&postcount=589

Spending hours in Urgent Care with no direction in the latter half of your 20's with what could be future guests on the Maury show with no insurance, no happiness, and no money will make you feel a lot worse than being in school still when you're stressed about "makin it" when it doesn't matter yet.

The other side of the coin is living out real life shit having not made it.

i found out yesterday when my personal assistant at my bank called that i got scammed for more than 1k€ (which i wish i had, its mostly overdraft) on my visa... i spent all day at the police station and at the bank to get proof and stuff.

this is the kind of stuff you think only happen on tv or to the others... i'm glad i took that special insurance last year, but still wondering how this could have happened...

thanks. well i didn't know it actually happened but it never freaked me out either. i'm still unsure whether someone stole the number in real life or on the internet, all i know is that i don't remember paying on any shady website. and the transaction that were made were in actual shops in different parts of france, same day... anyway i just hope i'll be refunded quickly so i can move on.

i wish ! its a classy word for "dude who's in charge of my account amoung countless others". that's also how he describes himself when 3 words in a row comes out of his mouth without stammering.

i really miss my dog

so lucky to have said my goodbye properly

also ill continue to meet new people

not bad

usually most modest but have come to realize that after sex i develop this obtuse short-term narcissistic tumor....

generally it lasts as long as i am in the bathroom afterward , or until i realize what i am doing.

some times i'm in there for a good ten minutes or more i'm sure she's

like..... "this guy is freak,, nuts OCD!! type 'cann'ut let mama smell This on me'"

but whatever. .. tis my body :cool: