superconfessional

1) dad diagnosed with prostate cancer

2) my grandmas alzheimer is so far progressed that she's not able to eat, drink or speak. i visited her yesterday and it was pretty damn heart breaking. ffuu

My father went through a bout of Prostate Cancer just going on two years ago. It looked bad, but things are on the up and up now and seems like he's passed it. I hope/ am sure that everything goes smoothly for yours and in a couple years it will just be serving as a reminder to never let your family drift too far way. I'm sure that the early detection will be crucial in this, and I wish you and yours all the best and that blind luck you won't need.

I don't date to fuck a bitch and I also know how to entertain. I don't need drinks to get shit going.

Bush league move on your part perhaps?

Nah son, bush league move on your part. If you take a girl out for dinner and she's beat or the vibe isn't there, you're obligated to waste 60+ minutes of your life plus the scratch on dinner. Plus eating a meal with someone you don't know is forced, I don't care how well you know how to entertain. If you have a drink or two, you have a lot more options. Has nothing to do with getting a girl sauced up to hit it.

I live in Quebec (18). Hey Pavlov!! You dating someone??

Oh I am! Yeah I took the bitch to a five star vegetarian restaurant and she loved that shit. We've been going out for 2 weeks now (since that date) and it's by far the most promising relationship I've had so far.

Please explain to me how I failed.

I just re-read your post and I don't often go out on dates since I can actually read people properly and so far, I've had a long term relationship with every girl I've gone on a date with except for one. The date went great but the girl ended up being a huge stoner and that was a big no-no for me.

Oh I am! Yeah I took the bitch to a five star vegetarian restaurant and she loved that shit. We've been going out for 2 weeks now (since that date) and it's by far the most promising relationship I've had so far.

I just re-read your post and I don't often go out on dates since I can actually read people properly and so far, I've had a long term relationship with every girl I've gone on a date with except for one. The date went great but the girl ended up being a huge stoner and that was a big no-no for me.

bro, no hate, but you sounding kinda dumb in this post. Bolded parts esp. Also, IIRC Pavlov is married?

As for the whole dating thing, I agree with what pavlov said, drinks or something small is the way to go. That way if shit is going sour you can just tell her you're meeting up with other people after/ you're not obligated to stick around with her. If things are going good, you can segue into dinner or something else after drinks.

I don't see why Pavlov has to be up in my shit about this. I've been doing great with what I do and the whole drink thing is to each their own.

A casual meal is under an hour, it allows you to converse and find out more about the person.

shoot the bitch bruh

calm down man. first of all i'm almost 30, and i'm married. with that comes some experience. i've had my fair share of great dates and not so great dates. i learned (around your age) that the golden rule of dating is don't take a girl out for dinner on a first date. if it works for you, it works for you, and that's great. i hope your 5-star vegetarian girl makes a 5-star wife one day. my point is, almost all of my friends/coworkers/etc. always agree that taking a girl out for drinks is an easy, casual way to start a date. just my 2 cents.

you sound like a fucking tool btw.

Nah son, bush league move on your part. If you take a girl out for dinner and she's beat or the vibe isn't there, you're obligated to waste 60+ minutes of your life plus the scratch on dinner. Plus eating a meal with someone you don't know is forced, I don't care how well you know how to entertain. If you have a drink or two, you have a lot more options. Has nothing to do with getting a girl sauced up to hit it.
I don't date to fuck a bitch and I also know how to entertain. I don't need drinks to get shit going.

Bush league move on your part perhaps?

calm down man. first of all i'm almost 30, and i'm married. with that comes some experience. i've had my fair share of great dates and not so great dates. i learned (around your age) that the golden rule of dating is don't take a girl out for dinner on a first date. if it works for you, it works for you, and that's great. i hope your 5-star vegetarian girl makes a 5-star wife one day. my point is, almost all of my friends/coworkers/etc. always agree that taking a girl out for drinks is an easy, casual way to start a date. just my 2 cents.

you sound like a fucking tool btw.

Can we just say you're both tools for arrogantly assuming that there's some sort of definitive method (yours) to the madness that is first dates?

Probably not.

Anyways, in the interest of this being some sort of confessional, I really love Coldplay.

i'm finally better, but I pretty much lost my entire summer facing depression in a basement because of a family tragedy.

I have no thought process, I've pretty much reset. I have to get smart again.

I wish I was just rusty but I have to pretty much restart the way I think.

It feels good to just think though.