superconfessional

problem is that what the other wants living area/location wise, I cant provide without a decent job.. Even with both us working it wont be easy to live without decent gwap. Need that cash money but don't have the educational background/experience for it. Plus these are sparse times to attempt to gain a job in the city with only sub experience for the last 3 years.

Edited by wesc

don't worry about trying make a summation about life in your 20's. Nobody is really interested, because most people (obviously not everyone, these are the fallouts) make it through their 20's getting the consummate emotional development to accompany. Don't be hurt by that statement, it just is. Would you want to hear a 16 year old's opinion about love and life? Probably not. Enjoy being young and getting the chances to fuck up and not have it matter much in the long run. It goes away quickly once you're out there in real adulthood (supposed to be like 18 or more but in contemporary terms, maybe like 22+)

Here's a story I'll relate to that:

When I was 19, I once walked into a bar (nobody seemed the wiser, I guess I have looked older than my age for awhile) - guy on the stool next to me started chatting with me, said I looked a little down in the dumps. I said "yeah, I just broke up my girlfriend" Guy bought me a Budweiser. We talked some more and he eventually asked how old I was, and said "19" - he took the beer back and said "get the fuck out of here."

you posted this before and it is still wise and funny as before. lol

This is why I feel bad about fade2darkness' suicide - guy was only embarking on life at his age, barely scratching the surface of what comes later in life. It's not easy, but it's what we live for.

When I was in Seoul a couple weeks ago I met up with a bunch of different people, and there were two girls I knew from years back. Just friends. It was screamingly obvious that, while they were doing alright in life, having finished education, working jobs and playing regularly, and looking to the future - they were just completely emotionally unavailable. They carry around that emotional baggage from previous relationships that went south, and their souls are just completely preoccupied. Defensive, even. You can even tell by the way they dress - just tons of layers and accessories (some of it showy), it wasn't really 'young' style and there was very little skin shown, even the huge sunglasses and things just showed this protective instinct. It was very bleak, because they were doing everything 'right' in life, and in the end, the results didn't seem great. Maybe it's an awkward stage, I dunno.

One of the problems was that they weren't really open to the idea of genuine emotional progress, they were doing everything but that. I don't know if that is part of being a woman (my theory is that yes, it is, and I'd expect them to be the same way but mellower as the years go on)

Truth to the gym. Its helped me tons when I was feeling down in the dumps. However lately I dont know whats been going on that I can't seem to be motivated in the gym as well.... am i losing it ?

i always get that. i lose my drive, but it comes back. find a gym buddy and you'll go far.