superconfessional

Just dont drink drive!

British talk funny. That's probably the only place I dont miss living...the weather is just the same here. But that was the most fun place I lived (because of my friends, school, etc.), atleast everyone spoke the same language (almost).

Right, thanks for the comments about my last post, they were all very helpful, im kinda accepting ive moved on, but more importantly that everyone else has seen my change and are ok about the gap. If they want to stay the way they are thats fine, if they cannot be arsed to be even slightly flexible to keep engaging with me, then I should adopt a "fuck-em" attitude and get on with a lifestyle that makes me happiest, with or without em.

The other night I asked one friend if he would like to go to the gym or play squash with me, he said he couldnt afford the guest fee. Then he said I should go to the rave hes playing at, adding it would be fun because people would be shocked at my attendence - this kinda sums up that he and peers have acknowedged my change in lifestyle and dont expect me to change back to my old ways. His attitude really annoyed me, even though he wasnt especially nasty I find it insulting he wont pay a £1 guest fee to spend time with a "mate"- me. This is pretty shitty when you consider hes gonna spend £30 odd quid or more on drink and drugs at his rave. Obviously these old peers just dont want to budge at all to lengthen our friendship, its a shame people are so inflexible when they get stuck in a rut, that even a small thing like spending an afternoon in a fashion they wouldnt usually is just too much for them to do in order to keep a friendship going.

Fuck em,.... they dont even wear selvedge!

It's ok buddy... I know exactly where you're coming from all too well. Back when I was "transitioning", my friends wished to continue their life of hard drinking, and general laziness. I'm glad I left them behind and moved on.

That was a really lame excuse your friend gave about not wanting to play squash. Can't afford £1????

Like others suggested earlier, take off and do your own thing. Don't let the situation bring you down, and don't let them bring you down either. I've never regretted turning my back on friends who just couldn't get their shit together, and I'm a pretty faithful friend to most. I'd say quite easy going and easy to get along with. But finding others with similar interests is tough. Once I'm done with this university shit and have more time on my hands, I'm planning to join sports clubs and groups to meet others with similar interests. There might be social groups in your area with people in it who are more focused on your lifestyle changes instead of drinking, drugs and getting fucked up in general.

viv, your situation sounds all too familiar. I don't know how heavily you got into partying/drugs, but after a certain point I realized that I was getting absolutely nothing out of my "friendships" (which were predicated upon drug use), nor the drugs I spent so much money on. I've been completely drug-free for over 4 months now, and I went to extreme measures to sever all contact with my former friends.

Maybe it's because a part of me enjoys burning bridges and never, ever having to deal with particular people again, or maybe it's because I'm awful at putting a formal end to anything.

Regardless, I think it's important for you to move on, find a new set of friends, as hard as that may be (note that I have yet to find any new ones, and my life is ultimately quiet, boring, but drug-free), and just keep doing your thing. just don't feel like you're the only one who is "lost" out there -- chin up, chin up! :o

Thanks guys, ghostdeini - yeah, ive questioned if they were just guys I used to get high with who became familier or if they were real friends who happened to enjoy getting high with me, guess ill never know.

Anyhow im finishing uni soon so Ill have to move and meet more people etc, im sure new friends will come along. Also, this is a bit soppy, but my wonderful girlfriend has stuck with me through all these changes accepting the funny fads and phase's I used to deal with sobriety. Shes been my best friend.

Ghostdeini - well done on four months, ive found it helpful to focus on an alternative pastime, guitar, racket sports, mountain biking ( a passion I had before uni ), reading, collecting books, art, denim etc.....bear in mind these distractions may initially be less rewarding and more expensive than a night of getting high but ultimately they will fulfil your more. Remember why you quit, whatever reason that is, logically it probably hasnt changed, so there isnt usually a logical reason to fall back to old habits.

i am obsessed with checking when is the next time i can give Darkadious negative rep, i have been checking almost everyday. its a free pass and i want to use it again.

When I wake up early in the morning, lets say around 8-9 and I go eat breakfast, within 30 mintues to an hour, I have to go mad diarehhea. :(

ME TOO! Ever since I was wee and had to eat before morning swim practice, I've gotten the shits from getting up early. I thought I was the only one!

I broke up with my gf yesterday. You guys are right. People don't change. I should have broken up with her much earlier....

Haha. So last night, we ended getting back together. I'm definitely a masochist.

When I wake up early in the morning, lets say around 8-9 and I go eat breakfast, within 30 mintues to an hour, I have to go mad diarehhea. :(

That happened to me for a while until I started eating hella Triscuits. Now I have massive dumps. Must be all that fiber.