Supreme FW 2012

pavlovs bell

did you not read the newspost on supremes site?

298 for the jacket

136 for the backpack

not all sup nf are tailored, however this one outlines that it is. Expect it to fit slimmer that regular north face jackets.

cairo print, shitty graphic m-51, roses sweater, african windbreaker. This season in general has been a POS. Tnf is nice tho. I feel supreme has taken the MTV route and re-targeted their market clientele to 14-16 year olds.

Only thing i bought this season was the metal comb and felt really fucking stupid doing so. Shit is tiny.

Aside from outerwear, supreme isnt doing anything other brands arent doing. Sorry to say.

edit: irony of their outerwar since its mostly outsourced. I think i successfully talked myself out of supreme.

Edited by vaguerant

I hope none of these were in the bay area. I wore mine two weeks ago (to a birthday party) and then last week on BART and on the train some dude was definitely eyeing the shit outta me like a rapist. I saw that he had an 8-ball keychain and was close to circlejerk chatting, but instead I just got depressed. What's the point of wearing highly sought after pieces if dudes are gonna look at you and drool, I'm starting to think this is getting the wrong kind of attention.

I hope none of these were in the bay area. I wore mine two weeks ago (to a birthday party) and then last week on BART and on the train some dude was definitely eyeing the shit outta me like a rapist. I saw that he had an 8-ball keychain and was close to circlejerk chatting, but instead I just got depressed. What's the point of wearing highly sought after pieces if dudes are gonna look at you and drool, I'm starting to think this is getting the wrong kind of attention.

Naw bruh, I'm in SoCal.

Be real though, it's highly unlikely that a girl would come up to talk to you if she saw you rocking Supreme.

Obviously, but I also think that wearing hyped items garners the wrong kind of attention from guys. I don't dress to impress girls or guys. Maybe I'll just stick to the non-beasted items.

Edited by Fycus

it's highly unlikely that a girl would come up to talk to you if she saw you rocking Supreme.

you mean like someone who knew what supreme was? that would be weird but there are some pieces that people go nuts over. chicks were all over my leopard camo shorts, for instance (in a metaphorical sense).

my favorite was some young woman bartender on the LES that asked me if i worked at supreme (i was wearing some logo cap). if i were more clever i would have found some way to parlay that into some free drinks. in short, i possess none of the prerequisite hustle to work at supreme

I'll echo what readytoignite says here. I haven't purchased anything for myself this season and barely anything last. I still have tons of stuff I use and wear reguarly (pocket t-shirt, backpacks and a few old fitteds) but I find the brand's product is too reliant on the brandname being plastered on everything. Sure that was always the case but it seems less thoughtful than ever before.

I think they really went away from the street roots and into more contemporary menswear so instead of just doing polo flips and the like they're doing flips of everything Americana and vintage. This basically means that Supreme product looks just like what so many other brands are doing. I'd rather have more subversive graphics and attitude conveyed through the clothing as opposed to a more sanitized experience.

i do actually think that they've changed the way they approach their collections, in particular the cut and sewn. there's tons more pieces and you never used to see them carry over the same design season after season with minor tweaks the way they do with the chambray or trenchcoat. trying to expand to that degree can end up diluting the individual quality of the pieces and i believe that's what's happened here.

i think about my favorite pieces from the past - the chore coat which is perfect in every way; the hooded bdu, leopard m-51, alpha-made ma-1 in royal blue; bright plaid flannels; even the moroccan zip front merino sweater - you couldn't find anything comparable anywhere, even today. and they 100% nailed every aspect of those pieces.

when's the last c&s piece that wasn't them slapping their branding and a few details on someone else's product that you could say that about?