Are you in/close to the fashion industry?

nairb49

How are you connected?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How are you connected?

• Involved in design/creation
    • Involved in marketing/advertising
    • Involved in distribution/sales
    • Not, or I know a friend of a friend who is Slimane's lover etc

No, but I wish I could change my major to something more related to the fashion industry. I have one year left with a political science major and econ/geography minor... not really the best degree to have to get into the industry.

It's ok, I was a computer science major and work in finance but do fashion consulting/concierage/designing on the side. It's really about who you know more than what you know....

Exactly what rajio said. I'm probably not as connected as he is, but just knowing people that can help you is the best way to get involved. Personally I'm doing some websites for stores and local brands. I guess that means I'm involved in marketing haha.

I had thought of this question before, mainly inspired by Mens Non-No and their monthly snaps of Milan/Paris/London/NYC kids and their little mini-profiles. Most of the Europeans they snap are art students, or in the fashion industry.

I've been stopped a couple of times by fashion mags on the streets of Seoul to be asked what it is I'm wearing, but I think that has more to do with me not looking like a local. Sadly, my day job is schoolteacher, haha. Sometimes at night I will run around with eastern European models though. :D