Lunch Thread

minya

What should I have for lunch today? I've been trying to eat reasonably healthy so I can minimize the size of my jelly roll. I'm not really sure what I want, but I'm leaning towards Subway. Thoughts?

ps. tell me what jeans i should buy

minya with a muffin top!

check this out: i've been going to the salad bar for lunch everyday and only getting lettuce and the lightest vegetables (no cucumber or water-logged carrots or tomato) and croutons plus a splash of oil and vinegar---------a full large container is under two bucks. i get a roll at the bakery for 50 cent. cheap, filling and healthy lunch. i work in a posh philly neighborhood where a hoagie special is nearly $7-------hard to get ANYTHING cheaper.

i find that the only other comparable cheap lunch around here is a bagel with cream cheese and tomato for about $2.

don't buy more jeans, min.

I kind of have a muffintop, but I think it's just my weird hips. I think it'd still persist even if I was on the Dior runway.

Good idea, though, re: salad bar...... I'm gonna start doing that. Cheap lunch rocks.

I would love to eat sushi every day for all 3 meals but the sushi in Ontario sucks ass and is way overpriced :(

edit: I'm gonna go for a Subway sub, whole wheat, turkey with light mayo and hot sauce.

Only it is fried--------i'd stick with garden veggies with hummus in a pita.

do you (or anyone) have any good homemade hummus recipes?

I love the shit but it's kind of expensive to buy little containers of it. I'm sure it's easy to make at home.

This is the one I always use...

1 - 15 oz. can garbanzo (chickpeas) beans, rinsed and drained

1 - 15 oz. can garbanzo (chickpeas) beans, undrained

3 garlic cloves

½ C tahini paste

1½ t ground cumin powder

½ t paprika

juice from 2-3 lemons

¼ C olive oil

salt & pepper to taste

Put it all in a blender or food processor. Bam.

This is the one I always use...

1 - 15 oz. can garbanzo (chickpeas) beans, rinsed and drained

1 - 15 oz. can garbanzo (chickpeas) beans, undrained

3 garlic cloves

½ C tahini paste

1½ t ground cumin powder

½ t paprika

juice from 2-3 lemons

¼ C olive oil

salt & pepper to taste

Put it all in a blender or food processor. Bam.

brilliant. Just what I was looking for.

Try some dolma with a side of pita. I get them premade at a Target deli around the corner from my office. Love that stuff, sometime I get some mozzarella cheese ( the real stuff suspended in its own whey) not the low moisture tasteless crap and cut some tomatos ( or better yet use grape or cherry tomatos) and a little lowfat italian dressing with fresh cracked pepper for a very nice side salad. It keeps really well because there is no lettuce to go bad. I like tabuoli in a pita sometimes if I am trying to cut weight.

What about a falafel. Those are pretty healthy.

Falafels are not even remotely healthy. For one, they're fried, which totally saps the chickpeas of anything good for you. Also, they're usually served with Tzatsiki sauce, which is mayonaise and/or greek yogurt based.

It's a common misconception that falafel is good for you, but its actually not much different then eating french...errr...freedom fries.

freedom fries.

offtopic and not directed at West; "freedom fries" was one of the most retarded things ever.

for lunch I was thinking of just getting a bagel and a diet coke.

I eat barely any breakfast (a small yoghurt today) and pretty lightly at lunch, at some point I had full meals at lunch but then realized theres no point in eating that much when I dont need to. if I eat a huge plate of kebab I'll be as hungry at dinner time as I am if eat a sandwich.