Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

That's why I spend so much time picking a wallet before I start a pair of jeans.

me too. it's going to be something sitting in the pocket the whole time i'm wearing my jeans. might as well spend time making sure it's going to be something i like, especially in terms of the pockets fades.

yeah, I had the same sort of problem. about three weeks into to my pbjs my old wallet lost the function to carry money, so i had to buy a new one. The size difference was there, so I just left the old one in and put the new in the other pocket. and now I have to wait to get an LGC until i get a new pair, lest i should "ruin" the fades i have going now.

Is the basic idea just to bathe for a few days and then mink? I think there might ahve been a part before the bathing, but that seems ot have been lost in translation. Anyways, if you can read that better than I can, I would trust what KC says.

Yeah, it pretty much says what everyone else here says, from what I can gather.

What's the average sun tanning time here? 2 days? 3 days? And is that 2 or 3 days both on the inside and outside or total?

I live in Southern California, so the sun can get hot (though it's been uncharacteristically cloudy lately), and I don't want to over tan. I ordered the regular Obenauf's oil to treat it afterwards. Thanks!

It says that during the summer you should bathe for two days, but during the winter to bathe for three. So for you, I would guess two days would be plenty.

Cool, thanks. I'd still like to know if that means 1 day on each side or 2 days on each side. Sorry to be annoying...

was unsure whether to post in here or small questions thread

but

I received an LGC wallet yesterday and i'm wondering if the leather lanyard will soften up and sit flat as its currently like a piece of wire between the wallet and belt loop.

would oiling it help?

thanks in advance.

Oooo – I got this one Chicken!

i got it from the cobbler miz goes to all the time. you might find one at a shoe repair shop near you, too. nonethelss, it's this stuff:

http://www.shoeshinekit.com/linezclean.html

bobbejaan

look very nice, but are you going to tan the inside too?

Also, imo, maybe little bit more tanning would be better

it will turn more into rich orange after you used them

with the tanning you have right now it will turn more brownish

bobbejaan

look very nice, but are you going to tan the inside too?

Also, imo, maybe little bit more tanning would be better

it will turn more into rich orange after you used them

with the tanning you have right now it will turn more brownish

Fatty - Do you have direct experience with tanning? How long would you suggest tanning to acheive the afforementioned orange color?

Thanks.

but i also make sure to put some kind of lotion afterwards since e-z cleaner seems to dry the leather up.

Oh yeah. I use either mink oil or some kinda lotion from a cobbler (not Minas).

Fatty - Do you have direct experience with tanning? How long would you suggest tanning to acheive the afforementioned orange color?

Thanks.

i tan my for about 4 days ( abt 4 or 5 hours outside each day for 2 days)....because i tan it last year summer and it is extremely sunny and hot at about i say...at least 95-100 degree in texas. It turn more orange/toffee color as you use it...but if you didnt tan it long enough...it would look like this brown color as it get old....i assume this one has not been tan

this is not my wallet...find it on yahoo

mo173-img600x450-1181074623img_2773.jpg

ive been tanning it of 3 or 4 days in a bit cloud weather. i really want the orange color naoto has on his SV.

I will keep the inside untanned. I also like the contrast. It will show a difference when it ages. And if i don't like it ill put it in the sun for a couple of days.

And i don't care about indigo stains. i have some prety old jeans.. so they won't stain that much. but my Skull 5010xx will i guess..