Not washing your hair (in the summer/working out?)

ChopSticks

Hey,

Just stumbled upon this amazing community and have been browsing through the "hair style" thread. I noticed a topic of discussion and since it was back from August 2010 I don't think replying to the thread would be the most effective route.

Basically, how do people go with not washing their hair (water-only washes / water rinses / wet and run fingers through) as described in the thread during the summer and work out days? I couldn't imagine just splashing water on my head after a weekend like the one that just passed. Or even after my workout yesterday when I was dripping and pooling in sweat. Personally, I have been shampooing my hair everytime I shower (I've had short and LONG hair and now mediumish) and never had any problems with lack of oils, dandruff or any other reason why people say not to wash your hair. I do notice the days I don't wash or have yet to wash my hair is a bit "thicker" and easier to style since it's already somewhat templated from the previous style. So I can understand that benefit to not washing my hair, but it's just hard to sleep at night knowing my head is full of grease, sweat, and tears.

So, with that said, what are the rules / guidelines to washing your hair in the summer and after workouts?

you could use dry shampoo?

it soaks up any oil and also smells good. they sell them at sephora…i like the ojon brand.

• 1 month later...