if you think you have a lot of posts...

mizanation

i was just at http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forums to ask a shoe question and some of the guys on there have 3000+, 4000+ posts.

crazy.

btw, they know dress shoes and suits like we know our denim and sneakers. it's like a bizarro superfuture.

There are people with that on Styleforum as well. If you want some seriously retarded shite there are some people on Niketalk that have over 20,000

:eek:

Speaking of bizarro boards, the guys on Badger & Blade know wet shaving like SF knows denim:

http://badgerandblade.com/

Great folks with great advice. Now go buy a brush!!!

• 10 months later...
i was just at http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forums to ask a shoe question and some of the guys on there have 3000+, 4000+ posts.

crazy.

btw, they know dress shoes and suits like we know our denim and sneakers. it's like a bizarro superfuture.

unnecessary bump, 3000 doesnt seem so weird now does it?

Guest Airjamie

Dudde this forum www.thegauntlet.com , totally gay metal forum with cosplay geeks, well i flamed the shit out of it once, well alot of these geeks have like 10 and 20,000 posts. Fucking...jesus

Check out me flaming this shit, and all the gayass responses. Im stallkicker btw

http://forums.thegauntlet.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17055&p=411401&hilit=#p411401

That ben4evah faggot has almost 18000 posts.

in short, there are too many forums on the interweb.

actually i'm starting to read more about menswear outside of streetwear in styleforum. what other boards talk about stuff like that? thesartorialist is to blame for this.

askandy is good for it. and if you dare venture into the men's clothing section of styleforum, you'll be in for a world of knowledge. I try to read a thread a day because it's just too much to handle at one time.

Forums like these always boggle my mind and make me happy. I am very glad to see groups of forums with members who are ocd experts in their fields. The funny thing is, these expert forums are all based around something that the general populus does every day, but they never get past the superficial aspect of it. Everyone wears jeans, puts on a tie, shaves, ect, but very few ever devote quite a bit of their person time to perfecting their knowledge in it. We should really consider having a list of all of the best in-depth forums so that we all know where to look when we need a watch or fly-fishing pole. In fact, it would be a bad idea to have a sufu-esque site with branching subforums like 'watches' 'denim' 'shoes' 'cameras' 'computers.' Outside of denim, I really have no clue what I'm doing. The only reason I know anything about jeans is because of the wealth of knowledge in superdenim. It takes a long time to retain it all, though.

Forums like these always boggle my mind and make me happy. I am very glad to see groups of forums with members who are ocd experts in their fields. The funny thing is, these expert forums are all based around something that the general populus does every day, but they never get past the superficial aspect of it. Everyone wears jeans, puts on a tie, shaves, ect, but very few ever devote quite a bit of their person time to perfecting their knowledge in it. We should really consider having a list of all of the best in-depth forums so that we all know where to look when we need a watch or fly-fishing pole. In fact, it would be a bad idea to have a sufu-esque site with branching subforums like 'watches' 'denim' 'shoes' 'cameras' 'computers.' Outside of denim, I really have no clue what I'm doing. The only reason I know anything about jeans is because of the wealth of knowledge in superdenim. It takes a long time to retain it all, though.

This is my curse in life, whearas most people have few obsessions I know far to much about nearly evrything.

I have over 10,000 on honestforum. Of course I used to be the super mod there...

This place is really particular about not posting the same question twice and keeping things in threads etc which most other forums are not. That tends to make it easier to post a ton...

This is my curse in life, whearas most people have few obsessions I know far to much about nearly evrything.

So true... I can't even go and buy something without first reading a ton about it and finding a proper forum that discusses that stuff. Crazy.

Hell, I was about to get a simple scale last week and I couldn't buy one before I checked reviews online, researched types of scales available, etc. and made sure I'm buying the best one possible.

It's a curse.

So true... I can't even go and buy something without first reading a ton about it and finding a proper forum that discusses that stuff. Crazy.

Hell, I was about to get a simple scale last week and I couldn't buy one before I checked reviews online, researched types of scales available, etc. and made sure I'm buying the best one possible.

It's a curse.

Same with me, I don't know how people go into Best Buy or whatever and just buy a TV after talking to the salesman with no prior research.

It baffles me.

Its simple, either your an educated consumer the kind Best Buy fears or your the average person who reads a circular and thinks its an awesome deal. These are the people who usually walk away with an older model thats about to be replaced or some pos that they can't get rid of. The motivation to care about what you purchase, defines how you attack other obstacles in life.

I had around 10,000-something posts on another forum, but it got revamped and I can't get my username back, not to mention my post count was cut in half.