What are your favourite fashion magazines?

odakyu

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men's Non-No / Sense (Probably the best new Japanese men's magazine) / Samurai (+ Samurai Elo) / Men's Egg (Do they even have this anymore?...) / Pop-eye / SpyMaster (If you are in Kansai...) / Men's Joker / GQ (Japanese / British version) / Men's Vogue / The Blow-up / Ray-gun (Back in the day...) / Gainer / Smart / Junon / Leon / But then again, just reading fashion magazines is lame....

Economist / Bloomberg Markets / Harvard Business Review / The New Yorker

Yep Men's Egg is still around... I like Men's Non No and Brutus...

as far as fashion magazines

nylon for men

details, gq, esquire and that whole crew

i didnt like the mens vogue magazine, i used to like complex when it first came out

nylon is cool too, the last issue i read i think had mischa barton wearing a bape hoody.

the economist is not a fashion magazine but i paid the expensive subscription fee and it sucks because i can never find time to read as many articles as i'd like..and when i can the next issue comes out.

Urecco, Urecco Gal, Beppin, Bejean....oh wait? FASHION magazines opps!

Just the same old Japanese, HK, etc magazines everyone is posting. I don't buy them, I just go to the store and look through them. Only buy em when they come with free hypebeast material worthy to be resold to the masses.

i agree with the dude that said superfuture is better than fashion magazines.

anyway as a magazine journalism major this gives me hope that i may have a job when i graduate. ha. ironically, even though i'm a student of this nature, i don't have money for magazines. but when i do:

nylon, atlantic monthly, new yorker, vanity fair, maclean's, non-no, milk (when i am in hk), and obviously the robb report.

ID I-D forever and ever.

I just hope they do not embrace hiphop.

And don't do a cover of Lady Sovereign.

I'm holding my breath.

Nylon put mischa barton on the cover. That just puts a big fat END OF CREDIBILITY stamp for me.

i hear a men's FUDGE is in the works. or is it out. HUgE is cool. they have nice layouts and they don't look too much like a catalog. much of the stuff that gets play within the photoshoots are a little too "flamboyant" for me but they seem to touch base with the better "street"wear lables.

This can only lead to one thing....

SUPERFUTURE SUPERGLOSSY.

just think about it

"special pull-out wdywt section, edited by haptronic"

"ask ring-ring"

a lot of threads in supertalk could make a great magazine. denim before and after pictures? the "how to order japanese denim" thread?

supermaps could be included as well, shop reviews. it goes on and on.

let's get rich.

This can only lead to one thing....

SUPERFUTURE SUPERGLOSSY.

just think about it

"special pull-out wdywt section, edited by haptronic"

"ask ring-ring"

a lot of threads in supertalk could make a great magazine. denim before and after pictures? the "how to order japanese denim" thread?

supermaps could be included as well, shop reviews. it goes on and on.

let's get rich.

This is probably one of the best ideas ever proposed on SF.

super future magazine would reign supreme!!

thats actually such a good idea.

i really hope that goes somewhere.

as for the fashion magazines which i have to settle for without a superfuture one, i like dazed and confused and the vice do's and dont's are always good with the fashion tips and hilarious call outs.

also metro pop is sometimes pretty rad.

and flaunt occasionally.

super future magazine would reign supreme!!

thats actually such a good idea.

i really hope that goes somewhere.

as for the fashion magazines which i have to settle for without a superfuture one, i like dazed and confused and the vice do's and dont's are always good with the fashion tips and hilarious call outs.

also metro pop is sometimes pretty rad.

and flaunt occasionally.

metro pop is a great magazine.... flaunt has fallen so far off the map, i remember it being readable once.

SF would be an awesome magazine, not to mention the fact that you know, lots of people could get shit published through it. yeah, i'd subscribe, i'd even pay playboy rates for it. (not that a good gal like me knows what playboy is)

my fav fashion magazine is hustler, does that count?

edit: it seems either i cant spell or type, and since i won the spelling bee.....man i suck at typing

though i havent read mass amounts of it ID seems to be really nice

i love flaunt, even though i only read it bianually, (airports and wahtnot)

i used to read details, and then i realised it was just a bunch of bullshit reinforcing all of this elitist new american caste system bullshit.

all of that shit like: "Oh i only eat Kobe beef because i only wear armani"

the only parts that i could stand reading were A. anderson coopers collumn. B. tips from a designer and C. know and tell the number and nomenclature page.

I'm very surprised that noone has mentioned GQ Style. I've seen both issues and they are fucking AMAZING as far as runway style goes (compared to american mags). I'd say it's about 300 pgs of strictly fashion columns, articles, and TONS of trend analysis (outfits put together off the runway rather than lame runway re-prints). I really liked the last issue especially, though it's a bit dated now that we're into F/W 07.

Men's Non-No / Sense (Probably the best new Japanese men's magazine) / Samurai (+ Samurai Elo) / Men's Egg (Do they even have this anymore?...) / Pop-eye / SpyMaster (If you are in Kansai...) / Men's Joker / GQ (Japanese / British version) / Men's Vogue / The Blow-up / Ray-gun (Back in the day...) / Gainer / Smart / Junon / Leon / But then again, just reading fashion magazines is lame....

Economist / Bloomberg Markets / Harvard Business Review / The New Yorker

.... you read mens egg...?

.... you read mens egg...?

Yes. I can read Japanese. Men's egg is the definitive center-gai / gyaru style guide. I actually like the style. Most of the labels are covered are domestric warped Shibuya / 109 / 80s rock look brands...

I-D

Code (www.code-mag.nl)

I-D is wel known ofcourse, Code isn't. it's a new dutch magazine, they put out new magazines every 3 months. so far their have been 2 full isues and a test version. it's written half in english and half in dutch and their are lots of great articles. just check out their website if you are interested.

i like the sound of a superfuture magazine, but their have been so many great ideas on here, sf tshirts, sf denim and whatnot. it would be a good idea, but we need someone that can actually do this, cause else all those ideas going on about here well never be realised. but then honestly who would buy it? most people interested in all the denim stuff are already on supertalk. it would just read a lot more easy then on a screen.

• 1 month later...