What are your favourite fashion magazines?

odakyu

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men's Non-No / Sense (Probably the best new Japanese men's magazine) / Samurai (+ Samurai Elo) / Men's Egg (Do they even have this anymore?...) / Pop-eye / SpyMaster (If you are in Kansai...) / Men's Joker / GQ (Japanese / British version) / Men's Vogue / The Blow-up / Ray-gun (Back in the day...) / Gainer / Smart / Junon / Leon / But then again, just reading fashion magazines is lame....

Economist / Bloomberg Markets / Harvard Business Review / The New Yorker

where is these two mags from?

i am pretty interested

Trust me, you are not interested. Moreover, Cargo has been fased out, because apparently nobody gave a shit, and rightfully so.

The only one I look at is i-D. Everything else is crap. Surface magazine will have a good issue once in a while. I keep hearing about the mens Nonno, but I've never seen it myself.

http://mensnonno.shueisha.co.jp/home.html

Men's Non-No is pretty much the bible of fashion for young men in Japan. It's actually fairly good and does a mix of both domestic labels and foreign labels. I think the best part of each issue is the best dressed fashion snaps of guys in London, Paris, New York, and Tokyo every month. What's hot in Tokyo used to be very different than what was in Paris/London/New York say 6-7 years ago but now I think with the internet and globalization the styles and looks seems to have merged and are influencing each other...Non-no seems to recognize these influences and trends better than any American magazine does....

Mens Non-no is amazing. Too bad I can't read any of it. However, like djrajio says, the fashion snaps section (basically a "what are you wearing" thread in magazine form..) is fantastic.

I like Huge as well.

Since there aren't any worthwhile US fashion mags, I read the Economist, Maclean's (basically Time Magazine for Canada), and the New York Times Magazine whenever I get a chance to read it.

Mens Non-no is amazing. Too bad I can't read any of it. However, like djrajio says, the fashion snaps section (basically a "what are you wearing" thread in magazine form..) is fantastic.

I like Huge as well.

Since there aren't any worthwhile US fashion mags, I read the Economist, Maclean's (basically Time Magazine for Canada), and the New York Times Magazine whenever I get a chance to read it.

I subscibe to the Economis too. I don't really like it as much as I did at first - I am getting tired of their unapologetic capitalist stance in their business/finance section. I'd expect it to be more humane, being a European magazine and all. But, oh, wait... Britain is not really Europe, it's just another American colony...

Also, their Russophobia is pretty hilarious. I can understand them - I'm sure it's hard to see wealthy Russians buy up your prime real-estate and your football teams, and make London their playground, especially when the Brits are supposed to be such sophisticated gentlemen and Russian are supposed to be such philistines (lol at stereotypes).

Trust me, you are not interested. Moreover, Cargo has been fased out, because apparently nobody gave a shit, and rightfully so.

The only one I look at is i-D. Everything else is crap. Surface magazine will have a good issue once in a while. I keep hearing about the mens Nonno, but I've never seen it myself.

I am just interested to know where did these mags come from.....

i-D is good tho...

I read way too many magazines... favorite fashion/fashion culture mags:

Purple

Purple Journal

Textfield

i-D

Nylon

Nylon for Guys

Fantastic Man

Sport & Street

Sportswear International

Bon