what do you guys think about the oni killer chino?

mizanation

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rakuten.co.jp%2Fhinoya%2F119698%2F396616%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

have you guys seen these? super heavyweight cotton twill. half selvage on the outer seam. cut like a jean.

i'm deciding on whether to get these or not since theoretically, i could probably wear these to work since they are not jeans.

i could get a bunch of chinos for the same price at uniqlo, though.

any opinions?

i wore them at BiG and they were definitely not baggy. they fit pretty nice actually....

i wonder how they distress... would they get whiskers? honeycombs?

hmmmm. thinking about getting them.

they sold a pair to a guy who absolutely loved them... plus, they would look nice with my new shell cordovan boots.... aargh... must fight the urge to buy.....

I thought they were pretty damn cool. It's hard(tough)-looking. I love it.

But I'm new here, so my tastes ain't that developed yet on these things.

I usually don't like it when people do a pair of khakis in a jean cut but I like these. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have gotten away with them at a no jeans job though. They still look like jeans and are cut like jeans, the only thing off is the color. Some bosses are agianst blue jeans and some are agianst all jeans.

I dig them.

• 1 year later...

i'm deciding on whether to get these or not since theoretically, i could probably wear these to work since they are not jeans.

any opinions?

How about being a little more subversive and buying a pair of trousers made of denim, but that aren't cut like jeans or constructed like jeans?

Rogan has a lovely pair, albeit pricey and rare, pair. Waistband, yoke, pockets are all clean. No topstitching. And even the back pockets are put on like you'd sew a patch pocket on a tailored jacket ie. sewn from the inside. No topstitching.

That should give them something to think about at work ;)

They have been for years... It's the same with jeans. They were essentially introduced to Japan by GI's stationed there.

Chinos... american workboots... chambray shirts... and I'm guessing even fat leather wallets... all went over with the troops, and were co-opted by the people they were uhh, watching over?

Which may also have to do with the exaggerated antifit of some of the stuff.

Warehouse for example, is a caricature in it's pseudo-american-ness. (which is why I couldn't get into most of the stuff... though the fabrics of even the t-shirts had a great feel).

Even Duckdiggers, which to my knowledge resemble no jeans ever made (the stitching as well as the unique back pockets and bucklebacks on some) yet look like they should be in wardrobe for an american labourer in a movie set in the 30's.

• 1 month later...

Figured I'd dig this up instead of making a new thread..

So does anyone have any experience with these? All I've got so far is that they fit similar to the Oni Blue except with a higher rise.

Been comparing the Oni Blue chart with the PBJ xx-005 (have them in 31) chart to figure out what size of blues would fit, but without knowing how they shrink and strech it's kinda hard.

So anyways, anyone own or have tried on some of these?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

tried them on today in size 28. I could button and zip no problem but they're tighter than I'd like. If they stretch, an inch or so, I would love em. Does anyone know if they stretch?

The girl at BiG said they would stretch, but just need a second opinion... I don't know if chinos are known to stretch.