American Made Tee-shirts?

trimhound

(Pardon my ignorance if there is already a thread about this, I searched but came up with nothing)

I've been searching for some plain, high end tee-shirts (crews and slight v-necks) made in America for the past couple months but can't seem to find anything. I like the idea of the Choctaw Ridge v-necks but I had my brother who lives near BlueinGreen check them out and hear they are more 'pajama'-like.

I live in Boulder, Colorado which is a complete wasteland for clothing, Denver as well, so I have to rely on the interwebs for gear and with the weather warming up I would like to pick up a couple really nice tees. Any ideas? I have gotten EVER tees as gifts that are soft and decent, but all have a giant logo and I would prefer something without any branding.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

velva sheen

I've actually been trying to get my hands on Velvas grey v-neck for awhile but it seems to be sold out on Context's website and I can't seem to find anyone else who carries it as most just seem to have the crews....any ideas??

ordered some velva sheens and a Baldwin Henley from NeedSupply....would love to find some other henley's and crews/v's and am willing to expand the search to companies outside the USA as long as its more artisan stuff and not hugely commercial places.

Thanks for any tips!

• 3 weeks later...

I swear by American Apparel black crew-necks (colloquially referred to as the "2001" tee). But you have to buy the "sustainable" one: they're made from organic (and higher-quality) cotton and retain their shape and colour better than the regular black 2001. (They're differentiated by green writing on the neck tag, as opposed to black writing on the regular 2001s.) And make sure you wash cold or dry-clean.

At $17, I find the price-to-quality ratio pretty good. Wear 'em for a season, then replace. I also own some very expensive "basic" tees but find myself defaulting to AA most days, both for look and comfort.

Everlane makes good stuff. Surf/skate brand O'Quinn makes the softest, best fitting tee under $30. Zero flare on the sleeves is quite nice. Finding the ones without the logos can be tough but they're out there.

Edited by trenchant

thanks for all the replies guys! I ended up ordering 5 tees from Everlane and am enjoying the softness/cut and of course the price! perfect weight for the summer.

if anyone is curious, the velva sheens are a lot thicker but a tighter cut in the size medium. the baldwin is definitely the best material of the three USA brands I have recently purchased, but for the price I paid it better be!

I'd love to find some other henleys in a thin summery material, if anyone has some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

Edited by trimhound

Velva Sheen shirts are very well made but the fabric is thick and a bit coarse. They run small.

If "made in England" is OK with you, I recommend Albam tees. Great fabric and cut. At about $40 each, they're not cheap but not outrageously priced either.

Anyone tried Jungmaven?

Edited by JohnnyLaw