good hip hop

what label did LB go to? i remember them being pretty upset about how atlantic(i think) handled their last. which i would agree with since i didnt even know it was out, and i consider myself a fan.

they resigned with ABB.

All instrumental's produced by Pete Rock mix

â€Soul Brother Blends ’92 – ‘94†– Pete Rock 42:23 (April 2007)

http://floodwatchmusic.com/audio/soulbrotherblends.mp3

Tracklist:

I Got Love

The World Is Yours (Nas)

In the Flesh

Shut ‘Em Down (Public Enemy)

Lots of Lovin’

Searching

Sun Won’t Come Out

Flow On (New Symphony) (Remix) (Lords of the Underground)

I Get Physical

Return of the Mecca

Carmel City

Take You There

In the House

If It Ain’t Rough

Worldwide

For Pete’s Sake

Tell Me

Straighten It Out

Check It Out

On and On

Pass the Mic (Remix) (Da Youngstas)

It’s Like That

Jump Around (Remix) (House of Pain)

They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)

Is a tribe called quest still coming out with an ablum this year?

dont you know, theyve been putting out an album every year for the past 4. good luck on ever hearing it though. for real though, the latest news is that tip and common are doing a record once they stop touring for finding forever. but dont start biting your nails because tip hasnt actually gotten anything officially released beyond a single since amplified.

the album he did for arista got the sampler released and then it was shelved because it sucked. ill attest to that because i bought it and threw it away after one listen. the tribe album keeps hitting hiatus because theres some drama between phife/tip/ali and they apparently dont work together well despite the fact that they are starving and need to get some shit out if the plan on not working at mcdonalds soon.

its probably just as well because reunion albums always end up not coming out due to people not being able to rekindle any chemistry after hating eachother for so many years. think NWA, tribe, digable, organized. all ther legendary crews have supposedly been reuniting since forever now.

Clipse "Flashing Lights" is real good... made me realize I'd forgotten just how fucking amazing the "We Got It 4 Cheap" series is.

http://www.clintonsparks.com/inthemix.html

And hunt down "We Got The Remix" as well...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/36380023e68273/

My personal favorite off there, Diplo track.

dont you know, theyve been putting out an album every year for the past 4. good luck on ever hearing it though. for real though, the latest news is that tip and common are doing a record once they stop touring for finding forever. but dont start biting your nails because tip hasnt actually gotten anything officially released beyond a single since amplified.

the album he did for arista got the sampler released and then it was shelved because it sucked. ill attest to that because i bought it and threw it away after one listen. the tribe album keeps hitting hiatus because theres some drama between phife/tip/ali and they apparently dont work together well despite the fact that they are starving and need to get some shit out if the plan on not working at mcdonalds soon.

its probably just as well because reunion albums always end up not coming out due to people not being able to rekindle any chemistry after hating eachother for so many years. think NWA, tribe, digable, organized. all ther legendary crews have supposedly been reuniting since forever now.

Cool.. I don't listen to a lot of hip hop just rock mostly and other stuff so I don't know they've been putting out albums. Any places I can get them?

Cool.. I don't listen to a lot of hip hop just rock mostly and other stuff so I don't know they've been putting out albums. Any places I can get them?

sorry, i was being facetious. theyve been claiming to be working on albums for the past four years, but nothing has come out. youll have to keep waiting.

Stones Throw fans...

For the ipod/itunes users who have subscribed to there podcast.

PB Wolf just released a mix (Zombie Playoffs) for the soon to come album, Oct. 2, B-Ball Zombie War.

trust me, its a podcast you wanna hear!

tracklist to B-Ball Zombie War:

01. SUPREME TEAM (MADLIB & KARRIEM RIGGINS) - See (Suite)

02. MED - Break It Down

03. GUILTY SIMPSON - Make It Fast

04. J DILLA feat. Q-TIP & TALIB KWELI - Lightworking

05. PERCEE P feat. J.ROCC - Legendary Lyricist Pt. 2

06. J.ROCC - Super Sound

07. MADLIB - The Wigflip

08. J DILLA feat. MF DOOM & GUILTY SIMPSON - Mash’s Revenge

09. OH NO - Action (Rap Version)

10. BEAT KONDUCTA - Trouble

11. QUASIMOTO - Hydrant Game (Jaylib Remix)

12. ALOE BLACC - Find A Way

13. DAM-FUNK - Sidewayz

14. BARON ZEN - Electronic (Koushik Remix)

15. JAMES PANTS - Ka$h (Peanut Butter Wolf Remix)

16. NIKO & DJ BABU - Now You Know

17. KOUSHIK - Basketball Beat

18. ARABIAN PRINCE - Professor X Saga

19. JONATHON BROWN - Bass Creator’s Groove

20. CX KIDTRONIK feat. TCHAKA DIALLO - Big Girl, Skinny Girl

tracks I thought were dope...

MED - Break it Down (Produced by Just Blaze)

J Dilla feat. Talib & Q-Tip - Lightworking (Donuts: Lightworks)

Guilty Simpson - Make it Fast (produced by J Dilla)

Supreme Team (Madlib and Karriem Riggins) - See (Suite) (produced by Madlib)

J Dilla feat. MF DOOM & Guilty Simpson - Mash's Revenge (Donuts: Mash) my favorite

Oh No - Action (Rap version) (produced by Oh No)

i really liked fast cars, thought it was his best thing yet. and especially gooc because aesops style is so dense that a full lp can be way too much. thats how i felt about bazooka tooth at least. but none shall pass is really smooth. maybe its cause he doesnt have as much jarring production as bazooka, but i find this smoother to listen to all the way through. and hes finding a good balance between abstract and coherent that makes it alot better as background music.

i really liked fast cars, thought it was his best thing yet. and especially gooc because aesops style is so dense that a full lp can be way too much. thats how i felt about bazooka tooth at least. but none shall pass is really smooth. maybe its cause he doesnt have as much jarring production as bazooka, but i find this smoother to listen to all the way through. and hes finding a good balance between abstract and coherent that makes it alot better as background music.

i guess i really just loved labor days, i loved what blockhead did with the production on that record (and what he did on none shall pass consequentially). i probably dont appreciate either FCDFK or bazooka tooth as much as i would because of that, not that i dont like el-p.

you see the video he did for fast cars? i was really digging that one. but i feel you, alot of people hold labour days as a masterpiece and i think its mostly the beats, cause his rhymes were too abstract on that record for me to get really into it. id leave the room to take a shit or whatever and come back and he have gone from the table of elements to kabuki ninjas adjacent to the rearveiw in like 42 seconds. i cant really vibe on that.

you see the video he did for fast cars? i was really digging that one. but i feel you, alot of people hold labour days as a masterpiece and i think its mostly the beats, cause his rhymes were too abstract on that record for me to get really into it. id leave the room to take a shit or whatever and come back and he have gone from the table of elements to kabuki ninjas adjacent to the rearveiw in like 42 seconds. i cant really vibe on that.

haha i think his abstract lyrics are one of his most defining traits as an mc. there are times, especially over el-p's production, that i couldnt even understand what he said until i read it

and no i didnt see that mv. dont really watch music videos too much, but ill check it out

the novelty is you get all the danger of being involved with black culture but you dont have to be around black people while you enjoy it!!!!!!!!

out of curiosity and nothing more or less, what's that supposed to mean?