My 3rd attempt at makin jeans

armardo

hey guys,

made another pair of jeans with denim i found at my local fabric store

im in desperate need to find some decent raw denim where i can get real cheap by the yard, any suggestions/sites?

if you guys could help thatd be awesome

ooh ooh and rivets, can never ever find them

here are some pics

P7092074.jpg

P7092073.jpg

P7092077.jpg

lookin good.

***BY THE WAY****

To all those people who make jeans, there is a guy over on Style Forum who reckons he has found some vintage selvedge redline denim.

I did advise him to come and make an ad on here about it, but I dont think he has.

Could be quite cool for the likes of Ande Whall etc who are looking to buy some selvegde denim

yeh some of my jeans coin pockets are SO small and i cant get coins from them, and the cut is pretty much like 'thin finn' from nudie. ive given them one wash and theyve softened and shrunken just a tad...i copied the pattern from the super slim kims but made the yoke abit longer and pockets bigger and rise longer...oh and im a short guy, thats why they seem SO baggy and tapered...the inseam is a 30"

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

the patch is just a piece of material i had left over from the pocket lining which are the same stripey material

and the white circle is i guess a play on the snuss but its also my logo jus done in a simple way, was hoping to get my actual logo screen printed onto the pocket but was lacking funds as usual (haha my life as a design student)

underneath the denim of the right pocket with the circle stitching it has a piece of the stripey material underneath so after alot of wears and tear the material will show up underneath inside the circle..

http://www.scovill.com/html/Scovill_apparel_jeanswear.html

On the page you'll see the Tack buttons or "donut hole" buttons that are also correct for vintage jeans. Usually one of their distributors will send you some samples for free.

http://www.ykksnap-america.com/

Same thing, locate one of their distributors that is local to you and ask for some samples.

If you need more than samples, the minimum order is usually a 1000 for the tack buttons and prongs. 5000 minimum for rivets. If you want to go "old world" you can use copper belt rivets and burrs. I'm not sure why they are called "belt rivets" but I don't think it has anything to do with fashion. The belt rivets will give you that little tuft of fabric that punches through on the copper burr, just like on the real old Levi's, etc. That is of course if you're looking for the vintage look.

Here's a copy of a quote for some denim hardware showing the minimums and prices. This quote is a few months old so please don't "quote" me on these prices (don't quote this quote, ha ha ha ha)

http://www.indexfasteners.com/

I also have a very limited amount of deadstock 12.5oz Levi's xx raw selvage from the early 90's LVC and some Karubo narrow loom raw selvage, if anyone's interested. Best to practice your sewing on cheap fabric store denim first. You don't want to fuck up perfectly good deadstock raw like I have.

Cheers,

cramby

Looks real nice, however I also think the back pockets are a bit to big

How much did it cost in total to make? And also, what kind of sewing machine do you use, I'm tempted to try myself, but I have this real old "Huskvarna" machine from the time Jesus still was in his cradle.

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

I cudnt be f****d to wear these for a few months as the indigo was kinda of a fake indigo dye which i knew were gonna take AGES to fade

so i decided to do some experimentation

BLEACHING!

soaked the jeans in some water with about a cup and a half of bleach

took roughly up to an hour and a half to achieve the colour i wanted

P9032509.jpg

P9032515.jpg

hope you can see the thigh fadings, i did them too

hope you guys like it

this is my first experimentation

im so happy it turned out the way i wanted to...

now to do some whiskering...LOL