Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

That's not a bad idea, Ed, but that guy sounds like a deusch. I asked him a question about sizing offline and someone else asked him about the same thing on his auction and for some crazy reason he refuses to provide them. You'd think that a guy who paid 1G for boots would answer any question in order to make a sale.

Just like the LostWorlds folks who refuse to give shoulder measurements. I don't know about anyone else, but I've collected vintage clothing for close to twenty years and shoulder measurements are very important in finding vintage clothes that fit.

That's my rant for the day - thank you! I'll be here all week.

If they're too lazy to measure, I'm too lazy to take my wallet out, especially for high prices items.

That's not a bad idea, Ed, but that guy sounds like a deusch. I asked him a question about sizing offline and someone else asked him about the same thing on his auction and for some crazy reason he refuses to provide them. You'd think that a guy who paid 1G for boots would answer any question in order to make a sale.

Just like the LostWorlds folks who refuse to give shoulder measurements. I don't know about anyone else, but I've collected vintage clothing for close to twenty years and shoulder measurements are very important in finding vintage clothes that fit.

Hello, I'm the Person who is selling MF Road Champ Boots. First I'm not to lazy to do some measurements... I just followed sizing guide from a famous boots manufacturer (not sure which one, RW, Wesco, Whites?) I have read some times ago. He indicates that a out-sole measurement doesn't state for a serious Boot/Shoe-Sizing. Therefore I have added sizing infos as accurate as possible by using my ref. sizing in other boots. And btw, an out-sole sizing vs. jacket shoulder measurements cannot compared! However, I will add out-sole measurements asap I'll back in office tomorrow... Thank you!

the seller says that the road champs are really oversized, is this true?

Check out what MF says about his Boots:

http://www.misterfreedom.com/?p=981

* They are sized to allow wearing thick socks for winter and inner leather insole for warmer weather. (Don’t size up!) The grab around inset/heel/ankle is controlled by adjusting the strap.

I can 2nd that... got wrong size... at the moment I have to pay $650 for this mistake ;)

I would have to disagree, 58panheadfan. Maybe it's just me, but given the correct outsole measurement, I can determine whether or not the boots fit. Obviously, if the welt is super long that is obviously taken into consideration. It has worked for all the Engineer Boots I've purchased over the years and that accounts for approximately twenty-five of them.

Comparing outsole sizing and shoulder measurement was used only as an example, not relative to measurements, but rather to show the reluctance of a seller to provide customers what they want. Negative tones causes the loss of customers/interest.

I would really love to see what a pair of Road Champs would look like after being handed over to Okuyma from Hukurokuju. Droooool!!!

i know i know but i better get my hands on that pair first after a couple of months ill send em to okuyama san

To make some platform shoes out of them? While they're there, why don't you have him move the ankle strap because it's really ugly where it is now. Might as well buy a pair of ropers.

sounds perfect yes like double leather midsole cause i dont " feel" the ground when i walk..

i think i dotn wanna meddle with the strap thats te beauty of this specific pair of boots i could have just ordered from wesco right?

I would have to disagree, 58panheadfan. Maybe it's just me, but given the correct outsole measurement, I can determine whether or not the boots fit. Obviously, if the welt is super long that is obviously taken into consideration. It has worked for all the Engineer Boots I've purchased over the years and that accounts for approximately twenty-five of them.

Comparing outsole sizing and shoulder measurement was used only as an example, not relative to measurements, but rather to show the reluctance of a seller to provide customers what they want. Negative tones causes the loss of customers/interest.

Marineabilly, great if outsole measurement works for your... I only didn't add this info because to save buyer from same mistake I have done.

But, no Prob... I have added outsole measurements to my auction :D

Size*:

US 9, UK 8, EU 42.5 *some infos about sizing: This is the only reason because I'm selling these beautys! These boots are well oversized about 1/2 to 1 size. As ref. I'm wearing 8.5 D in Red Wings and 9D in Wescos & Whites. These boots are still too big for me, also I'm wearing boot socks...

this is a quote from the description for the auction and by the way, the guy is swiss

thanks! just found a pair in my size, original issue, for 75 at an army navy store... will post pictures once i clean em up and lace them.

you just found a pair of original army issue wwii roughouts sitting at your local army navy store for $75.00. Un issued?

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot.... new but I know these will look better with age... so i'll post the evolution after 6 months!

box.jpg

openbox.jpg

front-3.jpg

toebox.jpg

tag.jpg

Price: $143 from revolve on sale.

Construction is fairly solid, it's a rugged boot, and less refined than boots like Alden. As for sizing comparisons, I would say similar to red wing. In comparison to alden, This is similar size to Barrie Last, but perhaps slightly more width.

That really depends on what you mean by Vibram. Vibram makes dozens of soles, all of which compare differently to a Dainite sole. If you're more specific about which type of Vibram you're interested I'm sure people could give some useful info.

Just a general comparison? I'm new to expensive leather shoes and resoling... So if you give me a general direction that would be great... I have no clue about vibram models, materials, etc.... educate me the basics

My new AF53's

af53.jpg

My first pair with the commando sole. So far I'm loving how comfortable they are. The commando is just as comfy and better looking than the plantation crepe IMO.

I got these to replace my other plain toe #8 shell boots. I had the sizing off by half a size so I sold them. My lesson is that if you are a 9E, you will not be happy with 9D or 9.5D. I'm sticking with my true size from here on out.