Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Here's an update on my Church McFarlane army brogues, now with Red Wing laces. Needless to say, they are holding up great with very regular wear; the heel of the soles are starting to wear away though. Sorry in advance for the dirt, but with the all the ice and snow melting, it was a sloppy trip out to the location for my girlfriend's photography shoot.

6989518921_cca489ae92_z.jpg

6989518347_f20fe0f66b_z.jpg

6843393648_7abdd90521_z.jpg

6843246900_26b462322f_z.jpg

For more pics, check out the WAYWT thread: here!

Cheers!

Anders H

Posted · Hidden by almostnice, March 17, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by almostnice, March 17, 2012 - No reason given

These recently came out, I do believe:

red-wing-shoes-9042-classic-beckman-oxford-antique-cigar.jpg

Anyone know of a shoe similar to this? Baker's has the "Retro Oxford" but it's $520. JH Classics (by Wesco) are close to this, but seeing if there is anything like this..

here you go:

http://www.redwingheritage.com/boots#&f=Heritage%20Oxfords&m=/detail/9042-heritage-us/9042-red-wing-lifestyle-mens-beckman-oxford-boot-antique-cigar

@Christmas in sub marine.......I think thats why old boot can survive for long time period ..the upper leather ,insole are made from tough thick leather for their purpose.They have to break in 3-4 month for nice fit and comfy.Just my opinion :)

@highvoltage.........Love both worn look +rep for iron ranger :D

Buckles, you can only get from Hukurokuju or BRASS. Resoles are best left to your local guy or if you are in the States, Zip Stevenson. If you are willing to pay for it, I recommend Hukurokuju, because he's the best (IMO). Any local leather repair person should be able to replace buckles.

My shorties with the full deal, as well as hand dyed, straight out of the Hukurokuju shop.

chippPT91a.jpg

Thanks for the comments! the railmans are tough as shit, but surprisingly comfortable. its the best mix of a dress shoe and work boot.

I actually dyed the chippewas green, but for the toe part I used a blue wax to experiment with the color. these days i'm using a green wax so the colors will match a bit better.

I never thought that I would see a more perfect combination of work and dress boot than the White's SD, that opinion had just been changed. Those Railman boots are simply incredible.

Thanks for the comments!

I never thought that I would see a more perfect combination of work and dress boot than the White's SD, that opinion had just been changed. Those Railman boots are simply incredible.

I have to agree with you. White's Semi-Dress is definitely finished more like a work boot. It has it's own rugged appeal. The railman's have all the vintage details amped up to 11 and finished like a pair of Edward green's. I could do actual work with these, but I'll be afraid to.

Is that a Hukorokuju resole on the railman? It's a thing of beauty...

Nope, stock soles. I think they are cut full soles.

toys5.jpg

damn..... mccoy really goes all out on everything that they make. do you wear them much?

https://www.realmcco...uct_id=2138&pg=

very close model, but i bet you could email them and order them directly.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/c/0000000208/

klax-on is great!

Edited by wgmds

Coleslaw, lovely pictures. It's always nice to see your update.

I've said it before... Real mccoys make the best of everything. That's why it is a must visit shop for any boot, denim, workwear etc fiend going to Tokyo...

The welt on those boots is so fine. They put Alden to shame. And you can probably get them for less than viberg if the exchange rate gets better....

the welt and finish of the leather edges on those railman boots are a work of art (I still regret missing out on the pair davichan sold)

damn..... mccoy really goes all out on everything that they make. do you wear them much?

I try to wear as much as possible. I rotate a lot so my boots last a bit longer.

When it comes to sizing the railmans are a half size larger than marked. the fitting is an E fiting. Unfortunately the largest size they make is a US10. The real mccoy's version fits more like a D. But they also only make up to a 10. the toys mccoy (railman) and real mccoys (rigger) boots are made by the same shoemaker.

My SD's arrived back from James Taylor and Sons today from their resole.

2aa98996.jpg

5ffc28da.jpg

c5e4ef23.jpg

64675fc9.jpg

1742f2d1.jpg

9cc9dc1b.jpg

To be honest, I don't know if I'm happy or not. The quality of the workmanship seems to be very good, but it is definitely not the sole I asked for. I might just live with it though. :unsure: