Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I have to disagree. I really dig my Farmers, but you're entitled to your opinion

LoneWolfA.jpg

I find Buco insanely priced too. For that much scratch I might as well get something MTO from Edward Green. Beck's might be a better option, but not for long.

I always loved these. i wear something similar nearly every day, but sadly it won't take a shine. I thought demonito had a pair of farmers as well, but it may have just been you

awesome job Roy!

How do they fit? Did the new resole help any previous foot molds inside?

I've bought a few loggers from ebay over the years and they never quite fit right...

awesome job Roy!

How do they fit? Did the new resole help any previous foot molds inside?

I've bought a few loggers from ebay over the years and they never quite fit right...

Thanks, man.

They aren't so comfortable now, as the new midsole will need to adapt to my feet, but hopefully after some wear they'll become more comfortable. There's room for a gel insole, which makes them wearable enough enough for now.

I bought them for 450, which seems significantly less than some of the other boots that have been posted from Viberg. Ordered them in person at the shop, so maybe this made a difference. I'd probably take 325.

(Though shipping would have to be extra...these things weigh a ton!!)

Hello all engineer boot gurus,

I am always drawn to a look look with a pair of vintage engineer boots like this

boot%20look.jpg

So I bought a pair of Wesco Narrow Engineer factory seconds. But when I look in the mirror, it just doesn’t look right. I end up looking like this (pic not mine and no my denim is not as distressed/patched up)

wesco%20narrow%20look.jpg

Would love to hear your comments with what went wrong (of course aside from the patchwork)…

1. Boots need broken in?

2. Jeans need wider leg opening?

3. Inseam length problem? Cuffing? Stacking?

4. Heels of the Wesco Narrow Engineer too high?

5. Instep height of the Wesco Narrow Engineer is too high?

6. Or just people (like me) would never look cool in engineer boots?

Hello all engineer boot gurus,

So I bought a pair of Wesco Narrow Engineer factory seconds. But when I look in the mirror, it just doesn’t look right. I end up looking like this (pic not mine and no my denim is not as distressed/patched up)

wesco%20narrow%20look.jpg

The REAL question is where did you find factory second Narrow's and how much did you pay? The pic looks a bit odd because the guy has destroyed jeans with brand new boots and they're a little tapered at the bottom.

Ed, lookin' good - how's about a side shot of your narrows?

damn, pics have to wait till this weekend. pls don't ask, just can't do during the week....

Well at least I can answer your questions for the seconds now. I got them from...........Wesco, of course. They didn't advertised as such but with black fire leather, mp toe, heavy duty outsole stitching, dyed brown outsole and the roller buckles, I am pretty sure they were the Narrow Engineer made for the Japanese market. The problem was, during the manufacturing process, someone forgot to triple stitch the vamp and the back, hence this pair never passed Q.C. and did not get the plane ticket to Japan. And I didn't mind one less row of stitching to get my hands on a pair for less than $600 bucks.

damn, pics have to wait till this weekend. pls don't ask, just can't do during the week....

Well at least I can answer your questions for the seconds now. I got them from...........Wesco, of course. They didn't advertised as such but with black fire leather, mp toe, heavy duty outsole stitching, dyed brown outsole and the roller buckles, I am pretty sure they were the Narrow Engineer made for the Japanese market. The problem was, during the manufacturing process, someone forgot to triple stitch the vamp and the back, hence this pair never passed Q.C. and did not get the plane ticket to Japan. And I didn't mind one less row of stitching to get my hands on a pair for less than $600 bucks.

I think the Japan Wescos were just made with Horsehide, but I could be wrong. You might just have a pair like mine of the Boss with the MP toe....

Ask and ye shall receive - thanks Doc!!! Man, they don't look as olive green anymore. So they do change colors like Christophe stated? They definitely look better with age.

Cheers!

hey Billy sorry i didnt see your comment

nope i did put some black once on those so they dont get darker with age only but i will agree with Christophe on the fact that the leather is truly awesome.

the wear on the contrary is a bit loose and i do prefer my bosses wich seems to hold better the ankle

You'd think at that price, Narrow's would be made of horsehide, but they were are with black fire. Cycle Boss' are made with horsehide.

That's correct, black fire leather. I dont know if you already knew, but Wesco will make horsehide boots as well, if you provide them with proper horsehide.

That's correct, black fire leather. I dont know if you already knew, but Wesco will make horsehide boots as well, if you provide them with proper horsehide.

I wish I knew that 6 years ago....

WESCO must be gettin' a little softer with their policies nowadays, 'cause I asked them for horsehide and roller buckles about three or four years ago and the guy referred me to WESCO Japan. Looks like US-made horsehide WESCO's in the near future for me - thanks for the info aapoli!! Now, to get Okuyama to sell me some brass roller buckles...