Oldblue 21oz

almostnice

Have used my Old Blue Heavyweights for a few weeks now, so far they are _perfect_. They fit my body perfectly and feel and look good!

Good job :)

Now I'm only waiting for a 10-12oz overdyed denim workshirt from you guys :D

^

the fit looks spot on, ulrik!

we're very pleased that our pair was crowned as the 1st place winner of the Indigo Denim Contest 2011, local brand section. the pair is 8.25" cut - 15 oz deep indigo okayama, and belong to mr. sholahudin alrahmani. latest condition:

ollawinningpair1.jpg

ollawinningpair2.jpg

ollawinningpair3.jpg

ollawinningpair4.jpg

for more detail please kindly visit here http://www.oldblueco...t=article&id=33

Edited by yax

• 3 weeks later...

i'm sorry i haven't been around in this thread for a quite while, just got so many stuff on our plate. btw, one of our new jeans article.

Oldblue '44 WWII Repro

--

painted arc + red tab ~ 'big e' red tab

P6054048.jpg

patch ~ deer tanned cow hide leather, from US

P6054049.jpg

pocket lining ~ 'one-sided selvedge' olive duck, from Japan

P6054046.jpg

selvedge line ~ 12 ounces, shrink to fit, white oak cone selvedge denim

P6054045.jpg

fit pict

P6064055.jpg

P6064053.jpg

--

it hasn't been updated in our web yet, so for any inquiry just hit me with an email to [email protected]. cheers!

Edited by yax

nice details! painted arcs look good

(crotch rivet is "strange" though ;) )

the selvage line of the Cone denim is also kinda "weird". I thought they would look all the same from Cone (red line rather close to the blue weft).

I like the choice of 12oz denim. How long has the pair been worn in the fit pics? :)

Keep it up!

That's the same selvage line they have on the LVC 1937s (and 1933s too I think). Crotch rivet does look a bit strange though, can't quite put my finger on it and frankly I really don't want to!

Edit: also, the crotch rivet was removed during WW2 rationalisation!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

oh yeah i forgot to mention, the one with crotch rivet (in the fit pict) is just a sample pair. it's a just quick sample we did to test the pattern of the 44 cut, and the guy behind the rivet machine was just too used to attach the crotch rivet on our pairs. so just ignore them! ;)

for the final product, of course they do not have any crotch rivet. whats actually the main idea of a repro model if we do not follow the 'main - history based' details.

cheers

Edited by yax

our new collections just hit the web!

599079674.jpg

http://www.oldblueco...category&cid=91

--

along those new collections is our first ever repro pair, the '44 WWII repro.

44Repro-FullFront2.jpg44Repro-FullBack2.jpg

44Repro-HalfFront2.jpg44Repro-HalfBack2.jpg

This is our first ever repro article. We decided to make the repro out of Levis 501 '44 pair because we think it's one of the most interesting, in term of its details and history, piece of jeans that's ever made.

First thing first, we try to source the closest fabric as the '44 pair, in term of their weight and texture. The weight of denim was supposedly lighter (to save on raw materials). For the LVC repro, denim weight is usually 12 ounces, compared to the 12.5 or 13 ounces of the 1937 and 1947 jeans (Quoted from Paul T). As a result we got this beautiful 11.5 ounces (roughly 12 ounces after shrink) selvedge shrink to fit xx denim from White Oak's Cone Mills, USA. With the same softer shade of indigo, as they said the fabric in '44 pair was. The regular straight signature 501 cut is also used as the main pattern of this repro jeans.

During World War II, to comply with wartime rationing requirements, Levi Strauss & Co. simplified the features of their 501 jeans. To save materials (metal, fabric and thread) for the war effort, the cinch back was removed, along with the watch pocket rivets and crotch rivets. The trademark arcuate

stitching design was no longer sewn on, but instead painted on, to save cotton. As a history based repro, our '44 pair is also have those features.

We also use the same theme buttons as those 501 '44. The button was engraved with a symbol of peace in form of a laurel leaf. The laurel leaf is widely used to symbolize the triumph of the human spirit. And instead of green herringbone for the front pocket lining, we use selvedge olive duck fabric, from Japan. The selvedge fabric is only featured in one side of the pocket. As one of our signature rationalising effort.

And for the lather patch material, we use a deer tanned cow hide leather, from USA. The leather has a supple and soft feeling as the main characteristic of deer skin, but it has the strength of the cow hide leather.

Edited by yax

i was looking at the old blue site and saw those black fuck pants. i wish that i didn't miss my size!

whoops! ducks ducks ducks!

Edited by wgmds

any clues as to what may surface?

those look pretty smooth! i am super miffed about missing my size on the other pants, though :(

i'm thinking about having a regular brown duck fabric. ;) and currently developing a new type of work pants, work pants type II.

605910219.jpg

If you make those a light-ish brown and in solid duck with some taper or/and a fit similar to the heavy weight edition, I'm in :) Let me know if you need prototype testers ;)

wgmds

be sure you dont miss the next batch of our work pants! ;)

cain

hello ulrik, how are you doing. indeed, the cut of our work pants type II will be the same as the heavyweight's cut, which is our signature 8.25" cut. i'll keep in mind about the prototype thing :)

chicamrito

thanks mate!

--

our '44 repro article is featured at streething!

http://streething.com/news/2563

a piece of interview with cult edge

http://www.cultedge....dblue-co-denim/

cheers!

Edited by yax

• 2 weeks later...

cross post from mr. eli's review about our dark indigo kaihara article at the iron heart forum. http://www.ironheart...p?topic=2626.30

I just forgot to choose EMS... So it was my fault!..

Got my Oldblue jeans!.. Pics and review later on. Got a free hickory totebag with it!.. And it's freakin NICE!.. Thanks for that mate!.. The tags and the extra jeanssample are excellent as well. The Oldblue label is BRILLIANT!..

8609c4e1.jpg

58cbaf6c.jpg

Reminds of the new Triple Works logo.

595d5346.jpg

cont'd

Model 8.25" CUT - 15 OZ DARK INDIGO KAIHARA (http://oldblueco.net...t=detail&id=124)

Cost: 975.000 IDR (85 €), postage not inc.

Japanese denim and hardware, handcrafted in Indonesia.

Now, this is one of the newer brands that caught my attention... No bullshit attitude, their write-up of the label's philosophy is simply this:

Inspired by the working class throughout the days, from cowboys, mine workers, factory workers, and every blue collar workers who shed their sweat everyday. Oldblue Co. bring back the essence of jeans which is a clothing to be worn outside and an everyday wear. Like back in the days when jeans and other clothing was just a tool that people use to build their nation.

We offer a pair of jeans in the simplest and the most basic possible way. No gimmick, no washes, no excessive marketing, no expensive packaging. Only a pair of well constructed jeans with a decent fabric and ready to be worn everyday. Every pairs of Oldblue Co. jeans are proudly cut and sewn by the hand of talented and hard working Indonesian workers. We only brought the best fabrics and put our heart on every stitch.

Oldblue Co., tailored for hard workers.

First of all, there's the service... Username "yax" on here seems to run things... He helped me throughout the process, even got my jeans hemmed at the production facility free of charge. Took 7 days (not working days, just one week) to get here. No custom fee. Well packed and came with a free hickory tote bag (which is really beautiful, I refer to my previous post for pictures).

First impression: denim is rigid, a bit streaky (which I love), not slubby or hairy àt all, nice and dark. The denim alone is worth the money, honestly.

Fit: I went with a 32". Have to admit I am more of a 33" waist these days but I went with the measurements of thigh, knee and legopening rather than waist. Took 5 minutes to get into and yes they're a little tight at the waist but they'll stretch. The rest of the fit is pretty much golden. Slim straight. Legopening is wide enough to fit boots underneath.

Things I really like:

* those red hickory pockets are out of this world man... Truly beautiful, and very heavy duty. A pity the back pockets aren't lined and fitted with hickory as well!.. Any ideas of making a shirt out of the stuff?.. ???

* the contrast stitching is beautiful!..

* price. You can't get around it: these are cheap... You can't get new Levi's for that money in €urope... (And even if I could: why would I?..)

* brand philosophy also shows in the tags, the details like crotch rivet,... No bullshit...

Three things I'm not crazy about/ have mixed feelings about:

* rivets on the coinpocket... Scratches my knife and hands...

* backpocket stitching seems a bit uninspired but maybe it just has to grow on me...

* leather patch is thin and also a bit 'dull'. The logo sewed on the inside of the waistband on the other hand is absolutely brilliant. Why not integrate that design on the outside?..

All in all you get SERIOUS value for money, outstanding service, and a beautiful, sturdy pair of jeans that will last you a very long time... These are probably the best jeans one can buy to be introduced in the world of good, untreated denim!.. Spread the word!.. ;)

8c60c17f.jpg

8cce345a.jpg

67876a7c.jpg

62178861.jpg

15ae3e5f.jpg

47eff80a.jpg

ff6803ac.jpg

f7bd915b.jpg

cecd94ea.jpg

it's a very nice of him. really couldn't ask for any better and honest review.

• 2 weeks later...

some recents waywt, evo, etc..

'44 repro (courtesy of mr eric, indonesia)

img1302ma.jpg

heavy weight (while doing his site work. courtesy of mr richie, indonesia)

wwywy.jpg

heavy weight (8 months, courtesy of mr remco, netherlands)

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

details:

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

Edited by yax

• 3 weeks later...

one of my personal favorite article, the hand overdyed. as it was overdyed using natural indigo, this pair is hard to beat. examples shown below (each one is a different pair).

--

+/- 4.5 months effective wear

4-Front.jpg

4-Back.jpg

4-Backpocket.jpg

--

4 months

7666766752_871f2fcb12_z.jpg

7666762940_c15634d9b0_z.jpg

--

7-8 months

7709700480_49128b4de1_z.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

--

(cont'd)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

oglxoldbluelogo-1.png

~~

we're partnering with obbi good label to create this unique and distinctive wallet. OGL, a leather goods company based in singapore, is known with their long and respectable history in the industry. combining the picturesque design with their experience and craftmanship will surely result in a prospectful outcome.

oglxoldblue1.jpg

oglxoldblue2.jpg

london tan leather - heavy weight denim inlay - brogue details - selvedge lined bill slot - US talon zipper -burnished edge - serial numbered

oglxoldblue4.jpg

oglxoldblue3.jpg