small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

TaT might work, but the fact you won't be able to try it in person is crucial for the fit. I'd be wary, and you'd pocket a decent savings just going to club monaco. their stuff fits decently and a visit to the tailors could fix any small issues you have.

J+O has a really nice linen Our Legacy suit for around there, but it's navy, and it doesn't work on every person. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

help me find a suit?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/RwQMjN-8PfI/AAAAAAAACNE/HzVvgKdZXdE/s1600-h/JWtuxw.jpg

looking through the sartorialist for the sort of fit i want, this looks amazing. doesn't have a jacket, but i guess you can sort of extrapolate that from the pants?

wanna keep the cost of suit/tailoring under 6-700, preferably less. would going for club monaco or something and tailoring it work? i also want to be able to wear the jacket and pants separately, not worth buying something i can't do that with given how often i'd wear a suit.

maybe i've asked this in the past, i forget.

edit: or maybe thick as thieves?

I worked at Club Monaco last summer and I got a suit for dirt cheap, brought it to the tailor and it's excellent now. Only thing is the jackets are a little long (for me, but I have a short torso)

Looking for chinos on the cheap without tailoring or nothing that are slim, with a hem between 6-7" preferably. Sorta like Tweeds' Muji Chinos in his recent WAYWT's

halp plz?

I've been looking for something exactly like this for months now. If anything comes up I'll let you know.

can anyone identify the coat dhani is wearing?

not the best pic but if youve seen the show "dhani tackles the globe" its the brown/greenish coat he wears in england and ireland...seems to be military inspired thigh length coat, thought maybe barbour, but its not

http://http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Dhani_Jones/England_Photos_3

Guest jmatsu
can anyone identify the coat dhani is wearing?

not the best pic but if youve seen the show "dhani tackles the globe" its the brown/greenish coat he wears in england and ireland...seems to be military inspired thigh length coat, thought maybe barbour, but its not

http://http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Dhani_Jones/England_Photos_3

no, cause yr link don't werq.

BUT I know there are countless ways fake sellers can make listings look legit, like by buying one real shirt and putting a picture of the label from that on every auction... Basically, has anyone encountered fake CDG Shirt stuff before, or do you think it's beyond what people would bother to fake because it's not that big/well known (and they are selling some pretty random pieces, perhaps not the obvious choices of things you might copy?)

nothing is beyond being faked. a lot of people that buy that shit on ebay don't know (or perhaps even care) what the real versions look like (hence why these sellers manage to rack up positive feedback). if you got doubts, then they're probably fake.

Guest umhaha84
anyone know how to write the following in korean and chinese?

comme des garcons

margiela

raf simons

lanvin

thanks

콤 데 갈송

마지엘라

라프 시몬즈

랑방

Guest umhaha84

Opening Ceremony's velcro shorts looked great when I tried it on,

but I dunno if I wanna spend that much money on a pair of shorts. ($210 at opening ceremony, bit more expensive in shop near my house)

should i cop or wait for a sale..

Looking for a simple but high quality grey zip-up hooded sweatshirt. 6'0" and 140lbs, so I'm looking for a slimmer fit. Am I missing any important brands to check out?

Reigning Champ, Wings + Horns, Loopwheeler, Spruce

They all seem ridiculously hard to find US stores (online or brick & mortar) to buy from, any help with that would be appreciated as well.

Where's the cheapest place i can get the APC chinos from this spring season? I think barneys has it at like $200, tres bien like $170 after you take 20% off and add shipping, and i can't think of other stockists online. If you know of a brick and mortar store with em' for cheapish (maybe with forum discount) lemme know. Want to buy those and sell my april77s for more conservative ish