small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

can someone recommend a pair of black or grey coated slim jeans besides nudies? max price $200

will +rape for good leads

japanese edition lees.

available at a variety of select stores thruout japan. they are all like 120 USD.

I am visiting hong kong, london and paris from the 18th of february till the 3rd of march.

I'll mainly be shopping for labels such as ann d, dior homme, lanvin, martin margiela, etc.

which of the cities offers the best prices and product ranges? will I be missing out on most of the a/w clearance sales?

also, are some of the more obscure japanese brands such as julius, lad musician, lounge lizard, diet butcher slim skin, etc. available in these cities?

what's the sizing like on hysteric glamous warhal tees?

sizing on hare blazers? I wear a slim medium and I was wondering if I could fit into a large. looking for some measurements.

their large fits like small

well, their shoulders are narrow as fuck

what's the sizing like on hysteric glamous warhal tees?

sizing on hare blazers? I wear a slim medium and I was wondering if I could fit into a large. looking for some measurements.

if you're a slim medium i'd say a large would fit. i believe sometimes they make the blazers in three sizes as opposed to two. when they only make blazers available in sizes m and l the m fits more like an s and the l like an m. if they happen to make three sizes, i feel they're simply a slim fit of each respective size.

hope that helped. anybody feel free to correct me if i'm off.

ok thanks. also interested in acne and b.son u neck sizing. i got some measurements from blackbird that just don't make any fucking sense at all.

acne small was like 19 shoulder-shoulder and 18 pit-pit while b. son small was like 19 shoulder-shoulder, 17 pit-pit, medium was 20 shoulder-shoulder and 18 pit-pit. I get that the neck is exagerated but what the hell is going on with these pit to pit measurements? i have no idea what size to get.

Definitely size down in bson tshirts. I have a bson tshirt in small and it fits like a medium. The way they're sized i could probably use an xs for a slim fit instead of the small which is a more normal fit on me.

i just bought my first >$50 tshirt and was wondering what i can do to prolong the life of the shirt in terms of washing.

i'm guessing i shouldn't wash it after every wear like i do with my cheaper tees, correct? should i wash it every 4-5 wears, whenever it starts to smell bad? and since it's a pretty thin material i'm guessing i should wash it on the 'delicates' setting?

thanks in advance.

i just bought my first >$50 tshirt and was wondering what i can do to prolong the life of the shirt in terms of washing.

i'm guessing i shouldn't wash it after every wear like i do with my cheaper tees, correct? should i wash it every 4-5 wears, whenever it starts to smell bad? and since it's a pretty thin material i'm guessing i should wash it on the 'delicates' setting?

thanks in advance.

wash it when it needs it, gentle cycle, low spin, cold water or hand wash if your are feeling ambitious. just keep it out of the dryer.

I am visiting hong kong, london and paris from the 18th of february till the 3rd of march.

I'll mainly be shopping for labels such as ann d, dior homme, lanvin, martin margiela, etc.

which of the cities offers the best prices and product ranges? will I be missing out on most of the a/w clearance sales?

also, are some of the more obscure japanese brands such as julius, lad musician, lounge lizard, diet butcher slim skin, etc. available in these cities?

Hong Kong doesn't have sales tax however, Margiela and Ann D are run by one large entity (IT) who *may mark up prices cause they are the sole distributor of those brands. Dior Homme has a few flagship stores as does Lanvin (Elements Mall). The A/W clearence started before Christmas and are still going on but not sure if they will extend until February 18th.

fairly ignorant question, but whats the cost of living in hong kong like?

any cities/countries that are similar? comparison to states/australia? might be going an exchange there for a semester to study, kinda keen to hear about expenses..

fairly ignorant question, but whats the cost of living in hong kong like?

any cities/countries that are similar? comparison to states/australia? might be going an exchange there for a semester to study, kinda keen to hear about expenses..

Housing is quite expensive... but I find that is the biggest hurdle. Food, shopping, transportation is cheap imo (coming from Canada). No sale tax either.

a few co-workers of mine are living in a decent area that is convenient and paying $10, 000 HKD ~ $1300USD / month for a 600 sq ft flat (however they measure their sq footage differently in HK).

I generally like to base prices on readily available consumer products.

can of coke = $5 HKD (1 USD = 7.8 HKD)

McDonalds McChicken = $8 HKD

Housing is quite expensive... but I find that is the biggest hurdle. Food, shopping, transportation is cheap imo (coming from Canada). No sale tax either.

a few co-workers of mine are living in a decent area that is convenient and paying $10, 000 HKD ~ $1300USD / month for a 600 sq ft flat (however they measure their sq footage differently in HK).

I generally like to base prices on readily available consumer products.

can of coke = $5 HKD (1 USD = 7.8 HKD)

McDonalds McChicken = $8 HKD

good analysis on the coke/maccas! on this account, basic consumer products appear to be a fair bit cheaper than here in australia..

guess housing won't really be an issue for me, seeing as though i'll probably be staying on campus/college. is this extraordinarily expensive as well?

is it easy enough to get from the university of HK (HK island, yes?) to the mainland (Kowloon, etc.) via subway/train? expenses of public transport use? worth investing in an octopus card (how do they work/cost, exactly)?

edit: also, temperate/humidity - from memory its pretty constant year round? 30+ celsius degrees, high humidity? whats the sun like over there? when i briefly stayed in kowloon a number of years ago (in june) all i remember was smog and very little direct sun penetration - consequently, id guess UV levels are lowish?? is this the same with hong kong island? cheers.

good analysis on the coke/maccas! on this account, basic consumer products appear to be a fair bit cheaper than here in australia..

guess housing won't really be an issue for me, seeing as though i'll probably be staying on campus/college. is this extraordinarily expensive as well?

is it easy enough to get from the university of HK (HK island, yes?) to the mainland (Kowloon, etc.) via subway/train? expenses of public transport use? worth investing in an octopus card (how do they work/cost, exactly)?/QUOTE]

HK is going to be much cheaper than Australia for cost of living, it's one of the cheapest major cities in the world where you can get away with a sufu-approved lifestyle IMO. Nightlife is kinda eh.

HK island to Kowloon, you can ride a bus, ferry, taxi, there is a tunnel under the harbor. Yes on the Octopus, buy/recharge at 7-11, use on all 8 methods of public transport. Easy enough.

Yeh there are a shit load of ways to get around and all operate via (radio frequency) charge cards that you just wave within a few inches of the sensor.

I just came from a little Tokyo vacation, and everytime you sort of realize that HK is a city with 1st world amenities with 2nd world pricing (mostly for your essentials like BASIC clothing and food etc).

Another interesting fact is that McDix/fast food workers range from about $3500 HKD - $7000 (max). which also puts things in perspective.

A few whar kop questions:

Acne Max Cash in size 31x34 ( how is sizing on these like?)

Slim almost skinny khaki/olive green pants.

Other good matte black jeans or good grey jeans (not april77). Maybe like those cloak jawnz or the oil drkshdw ones.

compare it to apc new cure 2 sizes down from that to get a rough estimate... low rise, slim top plock, slightly lower yoke than nc, ~7 inch hem, etc, etc. i have some raw indigo max in 31 that haven't really stretched at all. i can take some measurements if you want but the fit out of the box is pretty much identical to the cash. For reference, I wear a 28 in NS, 30 in nudie , 30 in kmw 1980 (fits weird as fuck on me for some reason), 31 in pjb xx-005 (a little big in the waist now but still slim on thighs), 31 in acne mic blacktrash (on the slouchy side as well but they're washed so its less of a big deal), 31 in acne max (slim but not tight in the top block, pretty durn slim on the calfs). I like the fit of the max the best for dressier outfits while I opt for the NS or mics for more casual ones. Hope that helps.

oh yeah and cop @ eluxury.

http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=11468215

Thanks jufros and tisswat. Too bad those things never go on sale. Some british site had them awhile back but they didn't ship to the US even after a polite email. Didn't want to spend $250 but i might have to.

quick ? about Buttero boots.

i normally wear a sz 9 / 42 in shoes...I remember a couple months ago trying them on but def sizing down some at Barneys.

would it be pretty nonsensical to try to fit into a sz 7? I dont remember how much i sized down but i remember thinking "damn these run huge"